PDA

View Full Version : 12 months ago this week

Yooformula
11-03-2009, 11:09 PM
My family and I began an incredible journey, we learned alot about ourselves and our friends/family..
Sunday Oct 24th - pumpkin picking with the kids. The last time they saw me before a week of shitty work then all hell breaking loose.
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/albums/HOUSEandFAMILY/IMG_0382.thumb.jpg
Friday Oct 31st: midafternoon I was having a chat with Chris ak Lit in my driveway after work. He commented on how bad I was looking and asked if I was ok. That night I blacked out 3 times with each black out getting longer and worse the prev...(1st one got dizzy and lost my balance, 2nd one I got dizzy sick to my stomach then fell over, 3rd time total blackout with a face plant into the floor). I proceeded to vomit for 8 HOURS straight even when nothing was left in me, I dry heaved. Late that night when Deb came home she tried to comfort me but didnt know what had happened because I wasnt talking and my kids were finally asleep.

Nov 1st: I got up and made my way to the bathroom where I blacked out and smacked the floor/tub/counter and Deb saw that something was wrong. Gia my daughter came running into the bathroom and told Deb what had happened the night before. Off to the ER we went:wow Explained that I had a bad migraine and that handfuls of advil werent stopping it then explained about the vomitting and black outs but the kicker was when we told the er nurse that I was losing my eye sight, she ordered a panic MRI. Good thing too, they found this. Extremely rare in all cancer/tumor patients, fare more rare in males, even more rare to survive. Hemangiopericytoma - vascular tumor in the brain membrane http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs008.snc1/4442_81738707420_649052420_1747435_4922166_n.jpg
I was heavily drugged to sedate me and to stop the the black outs, seizures and inflammation.

Nov 2-3rd: enough drugs and meds to knock down a herd of elephants:thumbsup:rolf

Nov4th: We got the news that NOBODY would ever want to hear. Debbie was told that without surgery to remove my new friend, I was given less than 2 weeks to live and during that 2 weeks that I would most likely succumb to a blackout resulting in a coma which would still end up the same. Now I have no memory of most of this week but I would have to imagine that for a wife/mother of 3 that news like that would crack even the hardest rock but she never let me see it.

Nov 6th: Asscrack of dawn, I was undergoing surgery with one of the best in the country. Leading up to this, I was told the worst case scenarios and it scared the shit out of me(loss of motor skills, significant memory, inability to walk, talk or eat, then also possibly being blind or better yet not waking up at all) Well the surgery was shorter than expected but I bled ALOT more than he hoped, approx 2 pints of blood was lost this time as they were trying to remove the tumor whole for research but ended up having to slice it out and FAST pretty much in chunks and slivers. Dr "Chainsaw" as I affectionately refer to him as, cut me from my left ear lobe all the way across to my right temple.http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2077/20/117/649052420/n649052420_1267042_7518.jpg

Nov7th: agonizing pain and from what I was told ALOT of friends from BCM showed up to say hi:thumbsup When I woke up, I was in pain but at least I could see, then I was told to walk so that I could get out of ICU and get my own room. I walked around the ward on my own and was quite amazed that initially none of the bad things they warned me about had happened.:headbang:shades:banana1:

badass88gt
11-03-2009, 11:29 PM
While I have only met ya once, I think I can speak for everyone when I say we're glad you're still around.

OxmanWI
11-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Glad you're still kicking Yoo, BCM wouldn't be the same with out you! Much love bro!:)

Question if you don't mind. What do you do for a job?

TransAm12sec
11-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Glad you're doing well. Any new details on the radiation that caused it where you used to live?

Yooformula
11-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Nov 7th that night: I began to have a runny nose, no big deal initially but then I would constantly begin choking from the draining fluid while I slept.

Nov 8th: doctors confirmed that I had a leak in my skull right above my nasal cavity causing my spinal/brain fluid to leak out down my throat.:wow by far the most disgusting thing you could ever taste in your lifetime.:( I was told that I had to now stay flat hoping the hole would seal up on its own.

Nov 10th)Deb's bday): They finally got me to agree to let them put a tube into my spine to equalize the fluid pressure in my skull. The entire week I was SUPPOSED to lay flat and only get out of bed to use the bathroom.

Nov 19th:They thought the leak had stopped so I got to go home. SCORE 1 for me, no side effects aside from some muscle atrophy and needing rest, I would recover asap to 100%.

Nov 20th: back in the er due to niagara falls reigning down from my nose.:chair: Now I HAD to lie flat and still as much as possible and WAIT for my surgeon to come back from his weekend so that he could perform surgery AGAIN!:punch::fire

Nov 24th: Round 2, with almost no notice the nurses came and hauled my ass down for another surgery at 5am so that they could "squeeze" me into the routine for the day...apparently he had 5 other brain surgeries scheduled the same day but mine needed immediate attention. This time not too much blood lost and he moved my junk around a bit to make sure nothing else was wrong and to see if there was still any pressure left on my optic nerve. He stuffed and glued the crack closed and I was supposed to be good to go. Wake up this time, and I am mostly blind, lost my hearing in my left side and wasnt able to open my jaw due to the relocation of my jaw muscle again so soon.To further add to the misery, I now had been layed up for so many days and on so many drugs that my leg muscles werent really responding the way they should have been but the leak was closed and I was alive so fuckit!:eek:
32 staples later http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs008.snc1/4442_81737632420_649052420_1747428_8106300_n.jpg

Nov 27th: I got to go home for the last time! Thanksgiving has a special meaning to me from now on. My friends that spent hours with me all hours of the night, bringing me food and just sitting with me laughing made this ordeal fun in a sick sort of way and for the rest of my life I will never forget it! Thanks to EVERYONE that helped us through our first year from the prayers, support, laughs, food, cards, money, gifts. Quite honestly, we wouldnt have been able to get through without it. All of the help allowed us to focus on just surviving this. My entire family went through hell but my kids took the hardest beating through all of this and thank God they bounced back but you are always reminded how scared they were and how scarred they are now from it. We couldnt possibly repay everyone for everything you all did but THANK YOU!

Dave, Mike and Chris, not sure how to put words to it. Every single day and almost every night I saw one if not all of them. The bottle of Single Barrel will be cracked open sooon!!!:alcoholic

My recovery was alot slower than expected and as a result my radiation was delayed but it finally got done...All 6 weeks worth of popping the nuggets in my skull while being strapped down to a table with this thing...
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs048.snc1/4442_81738617420_649052420_1747433_6589822_n.jpg It was probably a good thing too since I did manage to pull myself out of a body mri once then needed some sedatives from that point on for the 12 mris and countless ct scans. Shit I even stopped counting my Iv's at the 21 mark:wow, now I just count how many more days I get to spend with my family.

Wow what a year its been. Thanks again to our friends and family here on BCM! Special thanks and I love you to Deb(my better half), Gia, Macie and Chase.

73MACH
11-04-2009, 12:07 AM
While I have only met ya once, I think I can speak for everyone when I say we're glad you're still around.

:) DITTO that!

73MACH
11-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Gotta stay positive.

Yooformula
11-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Glad you're still kicking Yoo, BCM wouldn't be the same with out you! Much love bro!:)

Question if you don't mind. What do you do for a job?
I dont do anything now, I am on disability until I am cognitively able to retrain for work.

Glad you're doing well. Any new details on the radiation that caused it where you used to live?

Essentially big time cover-ups! Du-pont and hercules are the largest employers of the area and alot of people didnt want it getting out of hand. Local politicians support the notion that poising occured but there isnt enough major support to go after them and so many of the people that used to live there and that are sick no longer live there and its just too much for alot of us/them to pursue it. But to answer your question more people have been diagnosed in the last 6 months with illnesses as more areas have been cleaned up to hide any more potential hazards. do a search for "Sayreville Cancer cluster" and read up on the bs. Because no particular type of cancer has been found, its not being considered a cancer cluster area even though numerous other sicknesses and various forms of cancers/tumors have been found.

http://blog.nj.com/ledgerupdates/2007/06/state_no_cancer_cluster_in_say.html
http://suburban.gmnews.com/news/2007/0601/Front_page/001.html
http://suburban.gmnews.com/news/2007/0913/Front_Page/026.html
http://talkaboutcancer.blogspot.com/2007/06/state-probes-sayreville-cancer-cluster.html
http://contaminatednation.blogspot.com/2007/09/health-department-examines-possible.html
http://contaminatednation.blogspot.com/2007_09_01_archive.html
http://suburban.gmnews.com/news/2007/0607/Front_Page/002.html

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
11-04-2009, 06:33 AM
We are extremely glad that you have made the recovery that you have. Glad your still living your life and watching your kids grow.

CATNHAT
11-04-2009, 06:47 AM
WOW!! They should make a movie from your story!

If you need any help around the house--mowing-raking-snowblowing--anything--feel free to PM me. Dont be bashful either!

DoubleAron
11-04-2009, 06:51 AM
I am so happy everything worked out for you and your family!!!!

JC70SS
11-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Yoo I am so glad you made it through and you are still here for your family. You are really a great guy. I know how it feels as the longest year of my life ended last Wed. It really changed my attitude and brought my whole family closer.

twicks69
11-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Yoo, I have a filefolder that I put together at work on your hometown area -- I am guessing that you guys got similar information already though.

Either way, there is definitely some major contamination issues in that area from the local industry that has affected numerous families.

Hercules, DuPont, the landfill, and 4 superfund sites are all within proximity to your neighborhood. Essentially, they state that there is insufficient data/evidence to rule it as a cancer cluster, etc.

If you want the info, shoot me a PM with your address and I can fedex over the paperwork/data I found.

Again Yoo, I am happy that you are getting better, and that you are still with us! You are a strong ass mofo!

johnny--2k
11-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Yoo,

We are all glad you are still here with us, and it's been said many times, but please don't hesitate to ask any of us if you need anything at all! We are your family, like it or not! :D

Top Fuel Tom
11-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Glad to hear your doing well Yoosof!

Irish
11-04-2009, 10:09 AM

Prince Valiant
11-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Thankful you're doing good bud!

WhatsADSM
11-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Wow, I wasn't aware of everything you actually went through. It is really good to hear a story like that honestly and makes you really sit back and appreciate what you have. Keep your head up and I am really happy that things worked out the way they did!

BTW, the second time when you woke up partially blind with no hearing in the left ear... did that just go away? Can you see/hear okay now?

Yooformula
11-04-2009, 12:53 PM
WOW!! They should make a movie from your story! lol I think the surgeon and radiologists are having fun with my case as it is making it a case study. I wouldnt want to see that movie if it was made, too sad although so far its a happy ending.

Yoo I am so glad you made it through and you are still here for your family. You are really a great guy. I know how it feels as the longest year of my life ended last Wed. It really changed my attitude and brought my whole family closer.
Thanks, Joe. Sorry to hear about your family situation. It is sad that terrible things have to happen for families to get closer again. Although bad all around for us, alot of family began to talk again that hadnt in a looong time so there is always a silver lining.

Yoo, I have a filefolder that I put together at work on your hometown area -- I am guessing that you guys got similar information already though.

Either way, there is definitely some major contamination issues in that area from the local industry that has affected numerous families.

Hercules, DuPont, the landfill, and 4 superfund sites are all within proximity to your neighborhood. Essentially, they state that there is insufficient data/evidence to rule it as a cancer cluster, etc.

If you want the info, shoot me a PM with your address and I can fedex over the paperwork/data I found.

Again Yoo, I am happy that you are getting better, and that you are still with us! You are a strong ass mofo!
I would love to get a copy of that folder, I would pay to copy it all if you dont want to lose the info you collected. Like I stated earlier an old family friend just recently got sick with intestinal cancer....BOTH him AND his wife!

BTW, the second time when you woke up partially blind with no hearing in the left ear... did that just go away? Can you see/hear okay now?

no, in fact as the months went on, they were anticipating complete blindness due to the rate of decline in my remaining eye. The left hearing came back a bit but I can hear my pulse constantly in it and that eye went completely blind. It just barely dialates now and doesnt register any light.

Yoo, I really don't know what to say that already hasn't been said homie. With all the stories in the news, daily, about those that don't survive, it's awesome (<-- word doesn't do it justice) to hear about people that overcome adversity, it's even more inspiring when it is someone that you know personally. You are a hero, not only to your children but others as well. I am proud to call you my friend.

Thanks Josh, I gotta say that I consider Deb my hero. That woman kept me in one piece and almost never left my side. She never let me see her cry or break and just took control of our entire household and bills and fought like hell to keep it all together. Shit she even managed to work out a way for us to keep our house even after missing over 10 months of mortgage payments.

PureSound15
11-04-2009, 01:16 PM
It wasn't as much fun to be a sarcastic asshole to you when your brain bucket was stapled shut ... although I think it was the random screaming, swearing and otherwise un-Yoo-like actions that made it very real that my friend wasn't doin so well.

I'm glad everything is good now and I was even happier to see everyone help support you and your family at the "BCM Fix Yoo's Brain" car show.

I still have the sound clip from me talking about you on the radio :thumbsup

Yooformula
11-04-2009, 01:38 PM
hahaha well put Ryan. Leave it to you to put such a nice spin on the noodles getting tossed around in the bucket. I did forget to mention a big thanks to you guys also for all the work that went into the car shows that were done on our behalf and ALL of the donations that were made/given. Again tremendous lifeline for us and THANK YOU!

johnny--2k
11-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Yoo, I think we all know that the reason we helped so much is because we know that if it were any of us on the line, you would be there in a heartbeat as well, you would make it a point to be there. You are kind of like our own little BCM Godfather. You make all this possible, and I've made some great friends on here that I hope to keep around for a while and that would not have been possible without you and the rest of the group running this site and keeping everyone in check!!

jbiscuit
11-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Man what a crazy year. We are ALL glad you are hear bro. You are a true fighter and an inspiration for everyone on BCM. It takes fight, desire and strength to battle the sh1t you had to go through. Not only should you feel greatful but you should be damn proud of the fight you put up man! I like you much better joking around at car shows and sh1t so try and keep out of the hospitals the next 12 months, deal? :)

Its truly amazing to think about how far you have come. I mean shit, we got your car into Holz this year! The 4th of July! :rolf That was MONTHS ago!

PB86MCSS
11-04-2009, 05:26 PM
I've only met you a few times and it's been many years now but your story is scary as shit/amazing at the same time. Glad you are doing well!

GRAMPS SS
11-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Sean was asking about you the other night and talked about the times we came to see you right out of surgery and the other times...sorry we don't get to see ya Yoosof...but i've been busy this year with the job and now seans bowling...we'll catch up and make it over...it was my pleasure to help you out and still is...anything you need in my power to give...is yours.....

Glad your still with us....

lordairgtar
11-04-2009, 05:58 PM
So glad you are making it. I remember when you just got out of surgery and were home, you were feeling not so good and I posted if you wanted to ban someone to make yourself feel better and up your spirits...YOU BANNED ME....hahaha. Very happy to have helped with the Justice League Of Car Clubs benefit for you. Nice meeting you at one of the meetings.

Feature Pony
11-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Yoo I think you went through more shit in life in the past year than everyone on this site combined and you still keep a postive attitude. I really feel that you are a hero and a survivor!!! You fought a fight that most people would of let go, you stood up and took it head on and you still have a postive attitude towards life and your future. You are a hero!!

Lash
11-04-2009, 06:19 PM
So how do you feel now....besides the ear and the eye? Normal again?
I can't believe it's been 1 year already.

Reverend Cooper
11-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Those pictures make me wanna vomit.Infraction

Crawlin
11-04-2009, 07:29 PM
I love you man! Always have, always will! You and your family are some of the best people I've ever met and am lucky to consider you a friend.

moels
11-04-2009, 07:51 PM
My boys and I still talk about our visit at your home. They all still laugh at the headache letting you know you had to pee thing. lol. You have a great family and are truly blessed, as are we for knowing you.

70 cutlass 442
11-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Did they have any guess as to how long that thing was growing insdie of you?? that is just amazing......

STANMAN
11-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Hey, let's not forget about the guy that let you in during a traffic jam:rolf

Glad you're with us Yoo, and glad I could help out with a donation, it's easy when you are helping someone you know:thumbsup

CPonyGo
11-05-2009, 10:25 AM
;) hugs......and yes- Deb rocks...! as do you....

MoCkiN U
11-05-2009, 11:04 AM
what a ordeal to go through and yet see you in public and a smile is on your face. dont think I could do it. Props to you my man

TheRX7Project
11-05-2009, 11:17 AM
I still haven't met you even though I was at the BCM show at GLD in May. I'd like to meet you eventually. It's amazing that you are still alive, and I'm glad you are. Truly an amazing story, and definitely makes you appreciate your own life.

Waver
11-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Yoo, I am just glad that you are still here with us. You have always been a good friend to all of us, being one of the first to step up for myself and others when we were going through our times of need. I am just glad that I could help pay it back in your time of need. You, Deb, and the kids are all good people. Really glad you are still around.....next time we all go on a car cruise, you bring the gps lol

nismodave
11-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Cant really express in words how I feel about you making it through.

You are like family to me, and I will continue to try and be there for You, Debbie, Macie, Gia, and Chase, whenever you need anything during this continued climb back.

Yooformula
11-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words, it is a very emotional thing no doubt! On a lighter note, I got my tough guy scar today last year...lol!!

Tim, I got the package and WOW! You think you didnt collect alot but there was some serious brow raising info you had there especially with the lawsuit against hercules.
Want to see something disturbing? go to http://maps.google.com/ enter in the address 32 creamer dr. 08872. the block below it is Zaleski drive and below that is the Dupont property. Take a look at the first manmade lake there and then scroll down to the OTHER lakes on their property and check out the colors! follow creamer dr down to the right onto minnisink avel that is where the park is/was and that line in the tree line is the creek, follow it to where it begins because it ends right where the tree line ends.....

Holeshot
11-06-2009, 07:35 PM
The last time I saw you in the hospital and Hugged you dad and Deb I didn't think I was going to see you again. I am glad I was so very wrong. You have done so much for me and my family as well. I love you like a brother Yoosof. Yeah is kind a corny but its true.

Reverend Cooper
11-07-2009, 12:50 AM
shit,thats the last time my wife made her special cookies,god dammit im gonna piss and moan till she makes me some now.
remember the pooping ordeal?

Turbo-Triumph
11-07-2009, 07:35 AM
Wow! when i joined bcm, they were just having your event at GLD. i went, not knowing who it was even for. now im glad i did, and hope $$ raised was a big help!

good luck in your recovery, and i hope your eyesight gets better or atleast doesnt fade anymore.

Enjoy your kids!

Coops Brother
11-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Keep on keepin' on!! Glad all is ok now.