PDA

View Full Version : AVATAR: Movie trailer

Russ Jerome
11-03-2009, 09:54 PM
This popped up the other day while watching my plasma tv on an HD channel....wow it looks kick azz!
http://www.avatarmovie.com/
Probably wont look as good in theater but I would pay for an early release pirated version so I could watch it at home in 1080.

Mr Twigbert
11-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Yeah, looks very good.. Only thing I don't like is I have pretty much figurged out the end of the movie already... =\

07ROUSHSTG3
11-04-2009, 07:38 AM
i am not sure what to think about the movie yet. looks like your standard "love/war" story with some crazy neon colored people?!?!

Prince Valiant
11-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Actually, I think it is supposed to look better in the theaters as on HDTV....and I can only say "think"

The thing is, this movie is being touted as not only revolutionary CGI, but the quality, particularly 3D quality in the movies is touted to be leaps and bounds further than anything out there...many compare the difference to being greater than normal TV vs HD. The story itself in much of the hollywood mags is ignored (my wife gets the mags, btw) but the technology used to film/make/show is what the hubbub is about.

I'll see it to see it...if not for the buzz, the story sounds as roush says, like a love-war-indians/natives good-cavalry bad type story.

Yooformula
11-04-2009, 12:32 PM
whats the difference between this one and the avatar:last airbender movie? the characters look completely different, but is it part of the same story/franchise?

Goat Roper
11-04-2009, 06:34 PM
whats the difference between this one and the avatar:last airbender movie? the characters look completely different, but is it part of the same story/franchise?

Completely different deal. They only share the name.

Russ Jerome
11-04-2009, 07:32 PM
3D without the glass' is the best I can guess from what I have read, loosly compared to previous attempts it is touted as being the evolution of filmography.. the bassis is the same scene is filmed (or animated) by two seperate HD cameras and they are timed together in final edit.

Whatever he did it I am impressed, hard to impress a pissed off old man :)

07ROUSHSTG3
11-04-2009, 09:06 PM
so it is 3d but you do not need to wear any glasses??

Reverend Cooper
11-04-2009, 09:34 PM
it looks good but i think it reminds me of star wars,storm troopers=marines avatars=ewoks. think about it