PDA

View Full Version : Napa is hiring

Holeshot
11-03-2009, 08:43 PM
My store is looking for counter people so If you know parts we could use you.

We have great benefits.

Uniforms, health ,dental insurance. 401k and stock options paid vacations,holiday. If interested contact our HR department at 414 258 2123 or stop at my store and fill out an application and I will forward it.

Must be able to pass drug screen and back round check.

GTSLOW
11-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Nice!!! Way to look out :thumbsup

Monstr913
11-03-2009, 10:14 PM
whats it pay? wheres ur store?

Rocket Power
11-03-2009, 10:18 PM
whats it pay? wheres ur store?What he said.:thumbsup

GTSLOW
11-03-2009, 11:09 PM
South Milwaukee. It's off college I think?

RanJer
11-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Looking for anything Part time/weekends?

MurphysLaw88GT
11-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Dan I need a job ASAP, and this would be good. I can stop by there tomorrow to fill something out. Thank you for the heads up.

twirkin50
11-04-2009, 06:55 AM
1223 E College Ave
South Milwaukee,WI 53172

(414) 762-6272

Anakonda69
11-04-2009, 08:38 AM
it's the store by kev's house tyler.

Karps TA
11-04-2009, 08:55 AM
I just noticed they opened one up in Muskego right by my house. Very convienent for me, but kinda odd considering we already have a Bumper to Bumper about 2 miles away, and an Autozone about a block away. I don't know what that says about Muskego's car owners that we needed 3 auto parts stores.

MurphysLaw88GT
11-04-2009, 09:18 AM
That just means maybe one of them may actually have your part in stock when you need it.

pOrk
11-04-2009, 01:56 PM
I just noticed they opened one up in Muskego right by my house. Very convienent for me, but kinda odd considering we already have a Bumper to Bumper about 2 miles away, and an Autozone about a block away. I don't know what that says about Muskego's car owners that we needed 3 auto parts stores.

Probably alot of fords in the area

SSLEVO
11-04-2009, 02:09 PM
They do that all of the time, not sure what the point of it is. Maybe they hope to win you over and you will always go to one because they are all in he same location?

Karps TA
11-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Well I'm a person of convience more then anything. I love the Bumper to Bumper. Guys are always helpful and know what I need. However it's further away, and during certain hours a real PITA to leave due to traffic.

The Autozone is super easy for me to get to, just down the road. However they are completely useless, and I'm often times shocked at their inability to know a damn thing about a car. Especially if you aren't looking for something from a specific make or model. I once asked for a carb baseplate gasket for a Std Holley 4-bbl. The guy looked at me like I was from another planet, then said "Uhh we wouldn't carry something like that". And he was like 55 years old!

So my hope is that the Napa is atleast somewhere in the middle. My experience with them at different locations has been great, but those have been longtime stores, with old timers behind the counter who can still look up a part in a book. I hope they were able to get some good help and not say Autozone help.

Sorry for the hijack. lol

SSLEVO
11-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Karp i agree with you 100%. If they can't look the part up by exact, make, model and trim level the part doesn't exist. They have no problem solving skills. I had a lug nut off of a trailer i took in and they said they didn't have any. I'm pretty sure somewhere they had a frickin 1/2" lug nut. Off to fleet farm and they are right there.

Monstr913
11-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Karp i live down the road from that auto zone and yea they suck at looking up uncommon parts...i went to that napa guys there seem really cool and they got alot of stuff in show room(plow parts, semi parts, etc.)

jbiscuit
11-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Autozone is for tire shine and floor mats. Go to Napa for auto parts

Rocket Power
11-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Autozone is for tire shine and floor mats.

:rolf

lordairgtar
11-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Autozone sells car parts?
I guess NAPA saw the need for a quality store in the area. I like B to B, though.

agent orange acr
11-04-2009, 06:35 PM
thanks for the head's up on the job opening. I filled out my app online, so I'll see what happends.

indyzmike
11-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Napa counter workers know their stuff. Last week I went there for manifold gaskets for a 1956 airplane tug. They got them by noon the next day.

-stew-
11-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Autozone is for tire shine and floor mats. Go to Napa for auto parts

I've gone to Napa and dealt with counter people that don't know anything more than looking up a listing.

Walk in, ask for a 35 or 40 amp relay (with a mounting tab.) Get led to the isle with fuses. I inform the guy that these are fuses, and I don't need fuses, I need a relay (with a mounting tab.) He points at some things "There ya go!" I inform him the items he was pointing at were circuit breakers, I need a relay (with a mounting tab.) He then started looking at the flashers. I then told him I needed a relay, not a flasher. We end up back at the counter. Someone steps up to help and they bust out the Echlin book and start looking for relay. A grunt and point to a picture in the book, "Like this?" "No, that a solenoid, I need a relay (with a mounting tab.)" More head scratchin and page turning attracts guy number three.

Guy three asks what it for, I tell him a cooling fan. He flips the book to OEM specific relays. I tell him I just need a universal 35 or 40 amp relay (with a mounting tab.) "Well, if you just tell me what kinda car it's for; we'll get you the exact one you need." "It's an aftermarket electric fan on a car that was built with a clutch fan. 35 or 40 amp relay (with a mounting tab.)" At this point he kinda gets snippy and grabs the book and finds what I need and goes in the back and brings it up, I check it, no mounting tab. I inform him I want one with a tab and he just looks at me "We don't have any."

I shoulda just walked out, but I paid my $25 for my chinese relay and left. Only time I've been back was to get a set of felpro 1250 gaskets (SBF intake gaskets with oversized ports for aftermarket heads.) They told me it would be a four day wait. I wanted them ASAP. Went to the Auto Zone, they had them ten bucks cheaper the next day. FTR I won't be going back to that napa.

I've had super service at the big chain stores, and dealt with dunces at "jobber" rated stores. Moral of the story: don't judge a book by it's cover.

LIL EVO
11-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Wikked knows parts!

HITMAN
11-06-2009, 03:22 AM
I've gone to Napa and dealt with counter people that don't know anything more than looking up a listing.

Walk in, ask for a 35 or 40 amp relay (with a mounting tab.) Get led to the isle with fuses. I inform the guy that these are fuses, and I don't need fuses, I need a relay (with a mounting tab.) He points at some things "There ya go!" I inform him the items he was pointing at were circuit breakers, I need a relay (with a mounting tab.) He then started looking at the flashers. I then told him I needed a relay, not a flasher. We end up back at the counter. Someone steps up to help and they bust out the Echlin book and start looking for relay. A grunt and point to a picture in the book, "Like this?" "No, that a solenoid, I need a relay (with a mounting tab.)" More head scratchin and page turning attracts guy number three.

Guy three asks what it for, I tell him a cooling fan. He flips the book to OEM specific relays. I tell him I just need a universal 35 or 40 amp relay (with a mounting tab.) "Well, if you just tell me what kinda car it's for; we'll get you the exact one you need." "It's an aftermarket electric fan on a car that was built with a clutch fan. 35 or 40 amp relay (with a mounting tab.)" At this point he kinda gets snippy and grabs the book and finds what I need and goes in the back and brings it up, I check it, no mounting tab. I inform him I want one with a tab and he just looks at me "We don't have any."

I shoulda just walked out, but I paid my $25 for my chinese relay and left. Only time I've been back was to get a set of felpro 1250 gaskets (SBF intake gaskets with oversized ports for aftermarket heads.) They told me it would be a four day wait. I wanted them ASAP. Went to the Auto Zone, they had them ten bucks cheaper the next day. FTR I won't be going back to that napa.

I've had super service at the big chain stores, and dealt with dunces at "jobber" rated stores. Moral of the story: don't judge a book by it's cover.

Nice story, but wouldn't have been easier to just ask for a fog light relay? Better yet, why didn't you just walk over to the lighting section and look for it yourself? I only resort to the book jockeys as a last resort. I hate dealing with parts guys. I used to have fun asking for plug wires for an '89 Olds diesel... 'What year?" "What kind of car is that for?" :durr:rolf

-stew-
11-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Nice story, but wouldn't have been easier to just ask for a fog light relay? Better yet, why didn't you just walk over to the lighting section and look for it yourself? I only resort to the book jockeys as a last resort. I hate dealing with parts guys. I used to have fun asking for plug wires for an '89 Olds diesel... 'What year?" "What kind of car is that for?" :durr:rolf

Asking for a fog light relay would have led to the same "What year... Two door or four door... Four wheel drive?" line of questioning. How am I supposed to know what is on the floor? If relays being on the floor was common knowledge, why didn't the employee that (finally) helped me get it from there?

SSLEVO
11-06-2009, 12:30 PM
I have bought a relay off the floor before, like he said, i think they are in the lighting section. Now you know for next time.

PureSound15
11-06-2009, 01:13 PM
This thread isn't about your experiences at auto parts stores - it's about Dan, who works there, trying to help the 8% (or whatever the state stat currently is) of BCMers who are unemployed.

Holeshot
11-06-2009, 02:21 PM

That store is not company owned its independent jobber. The owner is a former Brake rep form Brake Parts In in IL. His name is Ken Meyer. One of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

Holeshot
11-06-2009, 02:27 PM
This thread isn't about your experiences at auto parts stores - it's about Dan, who works there, trying to help the 8% (or whatever the state stat currently is) of BCMers who are unemployed.

Correct Ryan thank you. Im sure everyone has had a bad experience at a part store no matter which one. Training is key but you have have a mechanical back round of some sorts..

"My wife doesn't send me for drapes I dont send her for parts." :durr

Car Guy
11-06-2009, 04:25 PM
"My wife doesn't send me for drapes I dont send her for parts." :durr

I send mine, but only to pick up parts......:D