PDA

View Full Version : Any LT-1 LONG TUBE GUYS????

A B4C Z
05-02-2004, 07:48 PM
Anyone here have long tubes on there LT-1?

Kyle

Crawlin
05-02-2004, 08:07 PM
i don't, but what you need to know?

MyWhiteZ
05-02-2004, 08:16 PM
ooo ooo mee mee

got a set of flp's and if i didnt have to pass emissions back home then i wouldnt have them. the plug access on the hookers/jethot's are a ton better but i love the ability to change from cats to orps.

one general piece of general lt advice i have is put in a lt4 or a mini starter because im on my second stock one due to failure from header heat.

A B4C Z
05-02-2004, 08:20 PM
I think I am going to go with the jet-Hot only being because they have the air egr and o2 bungs in them. I can get them 545.00 shipped to my door and coated black!

I have looked on cz28.com for the past 3 months at people installing them...how they like them whats good whats bad....I just want to make sure they clear the heater box ok. The $h!tty shorties I have now hit the heater box and burn it NOT GOOD!!! But I come down to these after all winter looking/researching/drooling over them. I just want to look at someones to make sure they fit to my liking. From what I have seen they look like they fit nicely except a few people complain about the floor boards.
My car isnt lowered and its not #1 on the list of things for me to do, so I dont mind the ground clearance issue plus I dont have to drive it everywere this year since I have another car to use.

Heres what Ive come up with
-Jet-Hot long tubes
-Arp bolts
-Gaskets???????????
-02 Sims
-02 extensions
-Custom Y-pipe ---any ideas were to go
For the Y-pipe they have one that jet hot makes but people still say they fit for nothing so i think i might be better off with a custom one! My friend had a very nice y-pipe bent for his v-6 02 camaro. He took it to "snake oil" in madison, so i dont know if they bent it or if it was taken somewere else to be done but its a CLEAN pipe.

Kyle

A B4C Z
05-02-2004, 08:23 PM
Possible that the coating isnt Jet-Hot or HPC? Maybe it doesnt disipate the heat as well? Just a thought.
I wont be getting FLP due to the Bend over price of them! Dont get me wrong you do get the full set up and from what i have read they fit nicely. I can still pass emmisons with these and some o2 sims so im good to go.

Kyle :thumbsup

MyWhiteZ
05-02-2004, 09:46 PM
ya with an obd2 car i would def not get flp's cant help ya on the ypipe except for speed inc if you wanna make the drive down. and from what ive seen the jet hots are def the way to go interms of still have the air fittings and stuff and having a nice quallity header for a good price

number1
05-03-2004, 10:37 PM
I have the mufflex Y-pipe with my Jet-hot's. Like I said, you could check the setup out if you want, It is hard to try and meet up because my car isn't running to hot right now, but they are a really good buy.

I will be taking my O2 sims off this weekend(I got OBD1 conversion) If my car runs without them, which in theory, it should, I'd be willing to sell them.

Any questions, you have my email, or my cell number is 920-342-0595.