PDA

View Full Version : World Series thread

07ROUSHSTG3
11-02-2009, 09:24 PM
these Umps fucking suck. yankees are getting screwed.

and that is all i have to say about that.

Car Guy
11-02-2009, 10:59 PM
That’s alright, the Yankees will win it in front of the home crowd on Thursday......

Yooformula
11-03-2009, 12:02 AM
That’s alright, the Yankees will win it in front of the home crowd on Thursday......

agreed break in the new stadium correctly.

badass88gt
11-03-2009, 12:06 AM
I really believe they lost on purpose. Ive never seen so many pop outs. They wanted to get the series back home.

wikked
11-03-2009, 01:33 AM
^^^^^
I said that before the game started!

DirtyMax
11-03-2009, 06:41 AM
I agree with all of you. I dont necessarily want to cheer for the Yankees but after how absolutely rude the Phillies fans were to us last summer on our honeymoon, I cant root for that team.

Car Guy
11-03-2009, 08:27 AM
I dont necessarily want to cheer for the Yankees but after how absolutely rude the Phillies fans were to us last summer on our honeymoon, I cant root for that team.

Oh please do tell......:)

Crawlin
11-03-2009, 08:44 AM
It's Philly man.... Try going to an Eagles game...

My whole family is from Philadelphia and I still get shit at Eagle's games, haha

Car Guy
11-03-2009, 08:51 AM
So much for the "City of Brotherly Love"...??? :durr

DirtyMax
11-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Oh please do tell......:)

My wife and I did a ballpark tour for our honeymoon. Our first stop was Phili on 9/11 for a Phillies/Brewers game. We had our Brewers gear on but we weren't even cheering out loud or anything. We were just having a good time taking in the new park, which was beautiful by the way. There was a gang of about 12 30-ish yr old guys in front of us who had clearly been overserved. Then one caught a glimpse of our attire, stood up and whipped us the finger and was likf "F%*& you... we don't want you here... go home, etc." He got really pissed off when we were laughing at him... not because of his actions but because he had ketchup and mustard all down the front of him. We got a room at the hotel closest to the park and during the 5 minute walk there and back, got propositioned for a fight about 4 times.

Worst part was.. the Brewers got curb stomped that night.

PB86MCSS
11-03-2009, 06:55 PM
If I had to live in Philly I'd be an ass too ;). They take pride in being a-holes to opponents and their fans. I'm all for dishing it out and having fun with opponents fans but in fun, it's just a stupid game afterall.

I'm hoping the Phillies win I guess but this Yankee team I dislike the least for some reason, maybe because its been awhile since theyve been this close and I still like CC. Just hope it goes 7 games.

wikked
11-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Jeter is the only guy on that team that's not a douche, he's like the white Griffey Jr.

DirtyMax
11-04-2009, 06:53 AM
Jeter is the only guy on that team that's not a douche, he's like the white Griffey Jr.

Him and CC imo. He was one of my favorite platers even before the Brewers rented him.

PB86MCSS
11-04-2009, 05:30 PM
I respect Jeter as he is classy...but as Mr. Yankee and all the hype he has, I like to see him fail (as rare as it is). I always liked Swisher, as an A's fan, even though he can act kind of cocky. A-Rod is a d-bag but I kinda root for him to succeed in the post-season (sick I know) because of all the naysayers he has had not realizing its a small sample size to judge from.