PDA

View Full Version : WTF? More blind ref's???

Russ Jerome
11-01-2009, 03:26 PM
I just got home and turned on the game, watched a Packer drop the ball and the Vikes challenged, was it blown dead?

The dude cleary dropped the ball but missed the ruling afterwords.

LIL EVO
11-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Forward progress can't be reviewed. Play was whistled dead

On a side note:
Favre cam - Watch 100% video coverage of Favre during the game today.

http://msn.foxsports.com/favre_cam?icampaign=favre_cam

STANMAN
11-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Good thing Thompson decided to go with Rodgers ASAP, Farve obviously doesn't give the team a chance to win:goof

As a Lions fan, I can look at it 100% from the outside, and what they did to him was BS. You go with the best player, period, when you are that close (say coming off a 13-3 season) you have to go for a Super Bowl NOW, not turn the keys over to an unproven QB. Yeah, Farve waffled on retiring, all he wanted was his ego stroked, and for that price he gave you the chance to go to the promise land, but instead Thompson decided to be a d*ck. Think of all the things teams put up with for premier players (think TO or Randy Moss before New England), when you compare that shite to an ego stroke, I mean really what was Thompson thinking?

Jared Allen just sacked Rodgers......again....:rolf

Reverend Cooper
11-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Ahahahaha is it too late to say the Packers suck ass lol
he is only 8 sacks away from Randy Wrights worst year of sacks.
Vikings are going to destroy the Packers,I hope they are so far ahead by the 3rd quarter that they can pull Favre and still win comfortably.
God does Thompson and Mccarthy suck major donkey ballz lolololol

VroomPshhTsi
11-01-2009, 05:50 PM
OMG going for 2 already? McCarthy you are a fucking retard! Going for 2 points is almost always the WRONG call. Coaches assume the other team won't score any more points which is false. Now a field goal for MN makes it 8 points so even if we get another TD we need the 2 pt conversion too just to force OT. So dumb.

Reverend Cooper
11-01-2009, 05:52 PM
its so funny how bad they are sucking,from the players to the coaches

flyin_blue_egg
11-01-2009, 07:00 PM
^^^^please tell me all knowing football master how rogers sucked this game???? He was going against one of the BEST qb's of ALL time and he was BETTER then him in every major catagory except for tds. to me right now rodgers is the better qb because he can run (and the overall season stats prove it).
Rodgers could prob. be one of the top qbs this season if he didn't get sacked so damn much. perfect example was this game. First 1/2 he gets sacked 5 times and they only have 47 total yards. Second 1/2 he gets sacked what 2 times and he puts up 3 tds and 250+ yards.

Reverend Cooper
11-01-2009, 07:07 PM
his overall season stats include sacks which he is well ahead of i think everyone in the league,wins which he is behind. you answered your own question. personal stats like the ones you speak of dont get a super bowl win.The Packers record last year proves that and look at rodgers stats. Packer fans or should i say rodgers fans like yourself make me laugh.

Karps TA
11-01-2009, 07:29 PM
So stats are more important then being a winning QB?

No doubt about it Rodgers can throw a ball. He can run and move well. But he's not a winner. Plain and simple. You can give him as many pats on the back as you want, or spout off on stats as much as you want. The fact is he's won 10 games so far in a season and a half. With most of those wins coming from playing the worst teams in the league.

Unfortunately for him he probably won't be one anytime soon either because the guy in charge doesn't really seem to care about putting a better team around him

Reverend Cooper
11-01-2009, 07:38 PM
^ exactly

moels
11-01-2009, 08:04 PM
I would just like to add here that 3/4 of Rodger's sacks are caused by Rodgers. He holds the ball way too long and doesn't look to his checkdowns enough. Some of those plays today he could have walked to the 1st down marker and chose to get sacked instead.

Karps TA
11-02-2009, 09:57 AM
I'm still trying to decide what part of the game I like best. Was it seeing Ahman Green returning kicks? Nothing like having a old, slow kick returner. Brilliant coaching move. All that "talent" Thompson has drafted and that's the best they can do.

Or maybe seeing the Nick Collins fake injury after he blows a play. He comes flying in and takes out Bigby, while being no where near the damn ball. Then he's getting up and realizes that he can't catch Harvin so he crumbles to the ground with an injury, as if he was shot in the leg. Only to return 1 play later to show what a tough guy he is. That guy never should have made it to a Pro Bowl last year. He's average at best.

flyin_blue_egg
11-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Unfortunately for him he probably won't be one anytime soon either because the guy in charge doesn't really seem to care about putting a better team around him

I guess that's what I was trying to get at. Rodgers has the ability to be a great QB, and could probably lead the team to a SB. But he doesn't have the team around him. Look at farve, he's got by far the best player in the league right now on his team. Most teams are forced to stack the line to try and stop AP, leaving man coverage on the outside and farve (even at 50) could tear a secondary up if given decent time against man coverage.