PDA

View Full Version : Well they finally made Nascar boring for me to watch..

Yooformula
11-01-2009, 01:05 PM
What a joke! non chasers have to back off and not race the chasers hard, no passing in the turns, must have a space between the cars....just too much bullshit now. This crap sucks, I am almost glad the ENTIRE field is racing single file maybe the morons making all the bs rules will see how boring this shit is. 40 laps into a Talladega race and I am going to watch general hospital instead:rolf

Josepy
11-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Nascar sucks plain and simple. Once football season start I could care less.

xwing
11-02-2009, 07:00 AM
Yep.
I think they should make everyone run cars, engines and chassis from 1970 -78, with some saftety updates only, since they are fabricating everything anyway, why not COOL looking DIFFERENT cars!

This same car, same aero, same engine, same this, same that is BS and BORING. Hilarious the in-car camera/video caught I think Tony Stewart saying 'This is boring, tell me something to keep me awake' yesterday!

Of course not having "modern" cars would mean the auto manufacturers wouldn't support it AS MUCH, but there are only 4 supporting it anyway, and the product is SO dumbed-down and GENERIC that only an idiot thinks the "racing" is good, or the technical side is interesting, or some engine builder can come up with Secret Performance Mods and have more hp etc.

NASCAR is living on past faded glory and people's HABIT of watching it.

Car of Tomorrow? Yeah, and tomorrow is all you got, after that PFFT BORING GENERIC, spin the wheel and see who wins, and don't say anything bad or you'll be Punished.

That_Guy
11-02-2009, 08:00 AM
the last 10 laps where the only laps worth watching.. i can't believe how far the sport has come from where it was...the original moon shine drivers would be rolling in ther grave if they only new.

pull the the plates and let them race

GTSLOW
11-02-2009, 08:16 AM
This same car, same aero, same engine, same this, same that is BS and BORING. Hilarious the in-car camera/video caught I think Tony Stewart saying 'This is boring, tell me something to keep me awake' yesterday!

:rolf The bad thing is he was more than likely serious.

Yooformula
11-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Final nail in the coffin for me being turned off from Nascar was about 3 weeks ago, when the brass told non chase drivers to back off from racing chase drivers hard. They were told that if they wrecked or caused a wreck of a chase driver in the early part of a race that they would be fined. Kinda takes the will to win out of a race driver, whats the point of RACING if you arent in it to win. I dont care if my driver isnt in the hunt, I want to see him TRY to win regardless. Fuckit, time to start watching drifting..lol

Irish
11-02-2009, 10:10 AM

Yooformula
11-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Holy shit! I just saw newman's wreck! Damm, I cant believe how high in the air that thing got and to flip the way it did right onto Harvick's hood....maybe nascar should focus on keeping the 4 wheels on the ground instead of the bs rules they put in all the time because its obvious with how often the COT is getting airborne that something just isnt right. the moment the car turns around its up in the air and this was the 2nd airborne car of the race. Sucks to have to wait until the last 20 laps to finally see some racing but it results in wrecks because they have been bunched up for so damm long.

http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2009/11/01/cup.tal2.high.four.nascar/index.html

Car Guy
11-02-2009, 12:12 PM
That video of Newman’s wreck is the most NASCAR coverage I've watched in the last year......:goof

HITMAN
11-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Too much reliance on aerodynamics and ground effects (especially ground effects). As long as the cars have clean air (no bunching or drafting) and don't get sideways (loss of ground effect) they stay glued to the ground. Anything that upsets the laminar airflow over and around the car and allows air to get underneath, and all of a sudden you have a big four wheeled kite. "Hey Bubba, them wings shore do make them Nascars fly good, don't they?" "Yep..." :rolf

Reverend Cooper
11-03-2009, 10:51 PM
I dont know why after this weekend Nascar just doesnt make their own car,motor,chassis,trans and rear end and make all teams buy them. this sucks prolly not gonna care to much about nascar anymore

gottwins?
11-05-2009, 02:31 AM
Nascar? Whats that? :rolf

spindler27
11-08-2009, 03:09 AM
Nascar? Whats that? :rolf

i second this, i've never heard of this...........nascar you speak of

Plum Crazy
11-08-2009, 01:45 PM
You want to make Nascar worth watching, Put cars off of dealer lots on the cuircuit, there would be some racing then!