PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the tree stand!

84hurst
10-31-2009, 05:25 PM
I'm bored here in the stand and thought I'd say hi. I haven't seen a deer all season yet and the rut is on! Kinda shitty weather though. I'm not sure what its like in Milwaukee but its right around freezing here plus it was windy as shit and we got an inch of snow yesterday. How's everyone elses season goin? Post pics of your deer! Good luck, be safe and shoot straight!

Josepy
10-31-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm bored here in the stand and thought I'd say hi. I haven't seen a deer all season yet and the rut is on! Kinda shitty weather though. I'm not sure what its like in Milwaukee but its right around freezing here plus it was windy as shit and we got an inch of snow yesterday. How's everyone elses season goin? Post pics of your deer! Good luck, be safe and shoot straight!

I had an 8 pointer come in tonight at 4:30. Couldnt get a shot though.

84hurst
11-01-2009, 04:09 PM
I had an 8 pointer come in tonight at 4:30. Couldnt get a shot though.

Well, hopefully he'll come in again today. I forgot close is an hr early today, so I got a late start! FML!

DirtyMax
11-01-2009, 07:50 PM
They didnt seem to be rutting too hard up by me. By their actions and the signs around the property, I'd say next weekend (when I'll be stuck home in town... fml) is going to be the time....

84hurst
11-01-2009, 08:32 PM
They didnt seem to be rutting too hard up by me. By their actions and the signs around the property, I'd say next weekend (when I'll be stuck home in town... fml) is going to be the time....

Yeah not too much action here either. Seen a couple scrapes. I've been out shining the last couple nights within a couple miles of the cabin and haven't seen much action, no pun intended! Set up a trail cam yesterday and got 15 pics of deer, a couple does and 1 buck, but I never saw them from my stand. :( Unfortunately I prolly won't be up here either after tomorrow until gun season, but we'll see I might come up the week after next. BTW where do you hunt? I'm in Taylor county.

DirtyMax
11-02-2009, 02:55 PM
week after next. BTW where do you hunt? I'm in Taylor county.

Crivitz area. My buddies who were in Taylor Co. this weekend (near Donald, Gilman, etc.) were seeing (or more like not seeing) much like you described.

84hurst
11-02-2009, 03:32 PM
My buddies who were in Taylor Co. this weekend (near Donald, Gilman, etc.)

I've heard of those cities but never been there. I'm in Rib Lake, about 20 min from Medford.

Josepy
11-02-2009, 03:37 PM
I've heard of those cities but never been there. I'm in Rib Lake, about 20 min from Medford.

Where in Rib Lake? Do you know the Schwartz's or the Steinman's. I am sure you have been to Zondlos.

84hurst
11-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Where in Rib Lake? Do you know the Schwartz's or the Steinman's. I am sure you have been to Zondlos.

I'm on wood lake ave just east of 102, kinda north east of town by 5 miles or so. I don't know those names, but I've only been coming up here about 3 yrs now. My friend might know those names, i'll ask when I get back to the cabin. I was gonna stop at zondlos on sat but they were too packed. I think they had a costume party or something. I was up there though opening weekend for a few beers.

Josepy
11-02-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm on wood lake ave just east of 102, kinda north east of town by 5 miles or so. I don't know those names, but I've only been coming up here about 3 yrs now. My friend might know those names, i'll ask when I get back to the cabin. I was gonna stop at zondlos on sat but they were too packed. I think they had a costume party or something. I was up there though opening weekend for a few beers.

My friends Own the Farm house with the huge driveway about 1/2 mile from Zondlos.

84hurst
11-02-2009, 04:13 PM
My friends Own the Farm house with the huge driveway about 1/2 mile from Zondlos.

Yeah I think I know which place that is. That's a nice short stumble home from the bar!

73MACH
11-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Where in crivitz are you DirtyMax? I'm east of crivitz by the public land on the southeast side of lake noqubay. I was up last weekend and only found 1 rub. Couple of bucks on trailcams but nothing thats a shooter. Lots of does. Ive see 12 bucks and 6 does from the stand so far this year between up there and public down here, biggest buck has been a basket 8, 5 six pointers, and the rest were forks and spikes.
Ill be up the every weekend til after gun season looking for their daddies!

Good luck

SBC-Fox
11-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Are you talkin school forest east of crivitz cause ive never seen a deer there lol.Seen 1 or 2 across the street but it was past hunting hours.