PDA

View Full Version : What's on the radar for this winter?

jbiscuit
10-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Anyone got any plans for their cars?

I have just about everything I need for my 4-speed conversion. Hope all goes well in spring and can tackle that right away. Need to find and fix the source of my rough idle. I have a hunch its intake gaskets so I'll plan to do those right away also. Need to keep on my W-motor project. That will be ongoing but I hope I can put a dent in that during the off season also. :thumbsup

What do you guys have planned?

Yeehaw
10-27-2009, 08:18 PM
get my dads car to start and stay running, then get the interior and glass in it...then just the final peices and have it be a finished car for spring :-)

Rocket Power
10-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Well hopefully I can scrape together enough extra $$$ to get my seats done. Also finish up the brakes and maybe decide which carb I'm using:goof
And like I've said the last few years.... hopefully it'll be ready for spring:rolf

Beagle
10-27-2009, 09:48 PM
my winter project will consist of alot of donuts and drifting in parking lots with the subie. winter is going to be more fun than summer for me. STI FTW!!!!!

DirtyMax
10-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Try to decide if I want to keep my car or be more proactive about selling it. I have a line on a very clean 1st gen that needs resto but would be a very nice car to have. I don't believe I can swing having both.

Prince Valiant
10-28-2009, 01:35 AM
Selling or trading. I got two potential trades (one for a lil' red express truck + cash, another for a demon 340 - cash), and two potential sales in various forms of agreement.

If niether of the two happen by spring, I'll probably look to get the body/paint done up to show quality to match the interior work.

badass88gt
10-28-2009, 06:58 AM
I hope to finish my Winter 2008 list that never really got started. Never even drove the car this year.

pashtrd
10-28-2009, 08:04 AM
new trans, narrow the rear, relocate springs, new carb. all should be done by xmas, then I start working on the wife's car, a 65 galaxie 4 door.

xFullThrottlex
10-28-2009, 08:53 AM
Still looking to sell/trade before winter (both my el camino and my bike) Had a guy offer me a 74 gran torino that I may be interested in, I do want a trad rod/tri five really bad... otherwise if I keep the elco this winter I'll probably do some bodywork and other minor things, but I will be helping my dad with his Bel Air for sure!!

Moparjim
10-28-2009, 10:41 AM
I hopefully will be getting my Challenger roller back from OTE and start assembling it...

Ricky Bobby
10-28-2009, 03:52 PM
get some tires on the monte and drive it in the spring no monies to get the whole paint and body work done so itll be just enjoyin the new 406 and get to build my 96 buick roadmaster to smash at waukesha next yr thats getting a new cam and got a new rear end a 12 bolt with 4:56 out of a impala :thumbsup

MoCkiN U
10-28-2009, 05:12 PM
car is done. I dont mean broke done but just done for putting money into it. I wish I could do more projects but money isnt there to do what I want. Dont have an extra 10K laying around so it stays as it is and gets the piss drivin out of it in the spring.

now......Cant say I wont be modding a bike a little LOL. Currently shopping for a 2 wheeled toy.

Racer X79
10-29-2009, 12:37 PM
I plan on finally retiring my $70 Summit camshaft, I'm switching to a .590 ish solid roller. It's taken a couple years to gather the funds for the swap, but it should really wake the car up. I'm also going to ditch the stock 14"x6" front steel wheels (with the original tires still on them....it's getting scary) and go with the steel 15"x4" wheel vintiques.....and I'm keeping the factory dog dishes on it. Paint is going to have to wait again, but it seems like tan is making a comeback, lol. :thumbsup

Beagle
10-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Actually my winter project is almost done. Im a downpipe and accessport away from stage 2 on the sti!!! I have had the car just over a month and will be stage 2 before my first oil change haha...

STANMAN
10-29-2009, 09:10 PM
get my dads car to start and stay running, then get the interior and glass in it...then just the final peices and have it be a finished car for spring :-)

I just noticed.......the Hodag is going to eat your truck!!!

Turbo-Triumph
10-29-2009, 09:22 PM
install a stage 1, plugs and cai on my cali srt4, then hopefully get lowering springs/exhaust by spring.

Reverend Cooper
10-29-2009, 09:28 PM
I wanna TVS,I just have to cell my T-trim set up,anyone with a 05-09 and newer that needs one its a polished kit with aftercooler.

-stew-
11-02-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm tryin to pick up a '86 Capri, when and if I get that it is getting put in storage until I buy a house. It's a major project that is gonna take up the better part of a two car garage, so it's gonna get moth balled til I have my own place.
Mustang is getting put away for the winter, and come spring it's getting painted. A motor is in it's near future, but nothing cool. Prolly just a .030 over 302 with a cam. If the Capri don't happen it's getting IRS or PB/TA.

The ZRX is getting the parts I bought two years ago installed: a heavily ported head with ZX11 valve spring, slotted cam gears, ZX11 cams, and a 12.5:1 CR 1109cc kit. Brake calipers need to be rebuilt, and it needs rotors. Prolly gonna go with Gafler or some other of pedal style rotor. Gonna do some SS braided brake lines, chain and sprockets while it's apart.

letsrunem
11-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Manual---> auto swap already started, damage repair on the DD, need to insulate the garage within the next week or 2.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i219/mac92005/Mobile%20Uploads/downsized_1102090804.jpg

Prince Valiant
11-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Deal made, coronet will be going to a new home. Will post pics of new car when we make the swap....probably the 15th of nov. Now I may do a head/cam swap, and add headers for the spring!

xxtremeteam
11-03-2009, 09:26 AM
simple things
wi collector plates
full length sub frame connectors
new brakes front rear and stainless lines
install new tires I bought last year
finally color sand and buff that i havent done since car was painted
clean and paint in engine compartment
if money allows I hope to have my 8.8 rebuilt with 4.10s and a 8.8 girdle

LIZMO
11-03-2009, 07:31 PM
i plan on doing alot... or at least whatever my income allows me too... but most likely will be doing:
a single turbo since my twins are just about junk...
figuring out why my speedo doesn't work anymore... i dislike shops.
looking into why reverse only works an 8th of the time..
some other little things too...