PDA

View Full Version : portrait repair?

4eyedstang
10-27-2009, 09:07 AM
does anyone know anything about fixing a family photo?

i just moved and i finally got around to hanging pictures,and two of my old family photos got damaged in storage.
i wanted to re frame the to match the new decor but the photos are stuck to the glass and I'm scared i will destroy them by peeling them off.
these pictures are priceless to me because alot of the people pictured are no longer with us

any help would be appreciated

SSScottSS
10-27-2009, 10:30 AM
I'm thinking the only solution, assuming you don't have access to the original negative for film or digital file, is to have your damaged photo professionally scanned and then "repaired" with Photoshop. I wouldn't peel them off the glass yet. They may be able to scan with the glass to preserve those areas that might get damaged.

Yooformula
10-27-2009, 12:57 PM
the guy that did our decals works with canvas, portraits and prints. I bet they could help out, he can do some pretty impressive stuff with pics and stuff.

His name is John, http://www.milwaukeecustomgraphics.com/1.html

JohnnyT
10-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Arts Cameras Plus should be able to help you. They do photo restoration.

http://www.artscameras.com/lab/restorations.htm

Junky Giorgio
10-28-2009, 02:57 PM
while we're on topic here, does anyone know where to get good quality framing done at reasonable prices? I have some autographed memorabilia that needs custom framing and Deck the Walls at Brookfield Square is ridiculous with their pricing.

Jeff
10-28-2009, 03:21 PM
while we're on topic here, does anyone know where to get good quality framing done at reasonable prices? I have some autographed memorabilia that needs custom framing and Deck the Walls at Brookfield Square is ridiculous with their pricing.

Try Micheals, I've had a few things done there and they did a great job, but if I were you I'd wait till right around Xmas they offer 50% off framing, just keep a look out in the sunday paper.

Junky Giorgio
10-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Thanks! Where is Michaels though?

Jeff
10-28-2009, 03:29 PM
They have them all over, the one we have taken our stuff too is in New Berlin right by BW3's I believe it's on Moorland.