PDA

View Full Version : where to go to get rid of cats

LEWETHETIGER73
10-26-2009, 10:14 PM
I am looking for a place that would take 2 cats 3 and 4 years old. Had no problems with them at the old house but they sure hate my new house. We just don't seem to have the proper time for them since the little one was born. Any ideas. Really don't think the humane society will be the best and I don't wanna pay the $70 to get rid of them. Or if anyone knows of anyone thats looking for some pets..............FREE!!! To a good home

Car Guy
10-26-2009, 10:26 PM
I thought the humane society takes animals free of charge......:confused

LEWETHETIGER73
10-26-2009, 10:30 PM
nope $35 a cat

Car Guy
10-26-2009, 10:38 PM
By 'get rid of' are you referring to having them euthanized...??? I thought you were meant dropping them off so they can be put up for adoption.....

Reverend Cooper
10-26-2009, 10:48 PM
A gun range,or leave them by Michelle I'm sure she will take them.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
10-26-2009, 10:50 PM
http://xenophanessmith.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/stick_em_up_cat_burglar.jpg

lordairgtar
10-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Take 'em to Waukesha, when they ask you for the fifty bucks, tell them you are just gonna leave them on a rural road...they'll take 'em.

gottwins?
10-27-2009, 12:46 AM
Craigslist is always a good option....

-stew-
10-27-2009, 02:06 AM
Road side stand?

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn383/gromano129/free-cat.jpg

HITMAN
10-27-2009, 03:14 AM
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9905/yummycats.jpg

michelle
10-27-2009, 06:21 AM
Take them to the humane society. Craigslist is not a good option, especially if you advertise them as "free". Too many psychos out there.

twicks69
10-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Waukesha HAWS for the best place to have them taken in by people who care.

"Free Cat on Roadside FTL".

I have taken in several cats from Waukesha HAWS over the years with the best experiences when compared to Milwaukee and Elm Grove Humane Societies.

lordairgtar
10-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Waukesha HAWS for the best place to have them taken in by people who care.

"Free Cat on Roadside FTL".

I have taken in several cats from Waukesha HAWS over the years with the best experiences when compared to Milwaukee and Elm Grove Humane Societies.
Haws will ask for $50 to go towards food and care, but they will take them even if you don't have funds.

mrz28M6
10-27-2009, 06:55 PM
or i believe if u say you found them they will take them for free??

Waver
10-27-2009, 07:30 PM
I hear a meat grinder is good for unwanted cats too.

0TransAm0
10-27-2009, 07:36 PM
put them in a plastic bag and throw them in the river... j/k seriously j/k... male or female? i might be able to take one.. the brother might want the other.. are they fixed?

Nix
10-27-2009, 07:41 PM
I'd like to throw some of you in a meatgrinder or put you in a fucking bag and throw you in to the water. Shits mean... :goof

0TransAm0
10-27-2009, 07:42 PM
I'd like to throw some of you in a meatgrinder or put you in a fucking bag and throw you in to the water. Shits mean... :goof

dude i said i was joking.... but thats how the farmers did it back in the day..

Nix
10-27-2009, 07:46 PM
dude i said i was joking.... but thats how the farmers did it back in the day..

I didn't say names. I just simply said some of the comments were mean is all. I took them as jokes, which is why this guy :goof was in my comment. Because I understand that it was a joke.

0TransAm0
10-27-2009, 07:50 PM
I didn't say names. I just simply said some of the comments were mean is all. I took them as jokes, which is why this guy :goof was in my comment. Because I understand that it was a joke.

ah ok.. honestly i didn't even see the :goof dude...

RanJer
10-27-2009, 07:50 PM

You're a joke, Nick.

I'd vote Humane Society, tell em they hang out in your back yard and you caught em. They ask for money, tell them you're gonna leave em in the parking lot if they don't take them free.

pOrk
10-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Or just pay the 70 bucks since its YOU being too lazy to train the cats and be done with it. Or give them away on craigslist, that 70 bucks goes to two shots to put the cats down. 35 bucks each.

LEWETHETIGER73
10-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Or just pay the 70 bucks since its YOU being too lazy to train the cats and be done with it. Or give them away on craigslist, that 70 bucks goes to two shots to put the cats down. 35 bucks each.

I have been able to train dogs, birds, fish, and even a racoon to do random thing but these cats misbehave when I am not around. When we are gone is when this shit happens. I have tried dozens of spray, matting and noise makers. None have worked. We thought maybe they were going there because of smell from previous cats in the house, so we ripped up the flooring and had it all replaced along with the furniture set. I have done as much as I can to keep the cats because I don't really believe in dumping pets. But I have about reached my breaking point with them. As it sits right now I am about to spend more money on some other thing that might work. I still don't want to get rid of them yet. I guess I started this thread out of frustration. So I am not being lazy.

And as far as "disposing" of the cats, keep em coming. They are funny as hell and are keeping me sort of calm about this :banana1: :alcoholic

Waver
10-27-2009, 08:48 PM
well if a meat grinder wont work, how about a wood chipper?

Nix
10-27-2009, 08:49 PM
You're a joke, Nick.

I'd vote Humane Society, tell em they hang out in your back yard and you caught em. They ask for money, tell them you're gonna leave em in the parking lot if they don't take them free.

ASSHAT!! :alcoholic Jerm you fucker! Im gonna put you in one of the said bags and dump you in a sewer. :rolf

michelle
10-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Sorry you are having a hard time with your cats.

We have an "animal bedroom" where our cats sleep at night (or when we have company over and we can't trust they will keep the outside doors closed - i.e. my grandmother).

Would you be able to do something like that when you aren't home? I know you mentioned one wasn't too concerned if you were looking at him or her while they used the couch as a litter box, but it's an idea. Or did you try a spray bottle when you see a cat on the furniture? Or even a soda can with change in it to make a loud noise?

nismodave
10-27-2009, 09:24 PM
A gun range,or leave them by Michelle I'm sure she will take them.

:rolf :rolf

LEWETHETIGER73
10-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Right now they get the basement to themselves when we aren't there.

HITMAN
10-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Here's some things for you to eliminate a little stress:

Cat-a-pult1 (http://www.roughoat.com/games/cat-a-pult.htm)

Cat-a-pult2 (http://www.scottoons.com/interactive/cat-a-pult/)

:rolf:thumbsup

LEWETHETIGER73
10-28-2009, 07:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWEZfNiHLF0

HITMAN
10-28-2009, 01:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWEZfNiHLF0

:rolf No matter how many times I see that video it cracks me up. I have also shown that to MANY cat lovers and it cracks them up too. Then they feel bad for the kitty. And then I hit replay and they laugh again. Face it, cats in a jam of their own doing are hilarious... :rolf