PDA

View Full Version : Tag Heuer Chronograph

johnny--2k
10-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Had this watch for a while now, just dont wear it anymore.

Last repair bill was over $400. Watch was sent back to Tag Heuer when it went haywire on me. Fully disassembled and reassembled by Tag, clean up, has not been worn since because I bought a new watch while this one was at Tag for 6 weeks.

Retail price new was well over $1400. I have the original box, books, everything.

Looking to get $500 for it. Needs a new battery.

Overall condition is very good. Minimal scuffing on the bottom of the band, glass/sapphire is great with no marks/scratches, and the whole band is still in great condition.

Identical to this watch, I will get pics up if requested or I can email them to you.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/gallery/data/500/116.jpg

JC70SS
10-26-2009, 03:11 PM
John if you have to get a new battery Jared's on bluemound was WAY cheaper than anyone. Just had the old ladies done it was only like $80. And it was done by TAG.

My last repair on my gold tag was $300+:crying

johnny--2k
10-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Thanks! I will keep that in mind. If I sell it, I will pay for the battery to be replaced before buyer takes delivery!

STANMAN
10-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Had this watch for a while now, just dont wear it anymore.

Last repair bill was over $400. Watch was sent back to Tag Heuer when it went haywire on me. Fully disassembled and reassembled by Tag, clean up, has not been worn since because I bought a new watch while this one was at Tag for 6 weeks.

Retail price new was well over $1400. I have the original box, books, everything.

Looking to get $500 for it. Needs a new battery.

Overall condition is very good. Minimal scuffing on the bottom of the band, glass/sapphire is great with no marks/scratches, and the whole band is still in great condition.

Identical to this watch, I will get pics up if requested or I can email them to you.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/gallery/data/500/116.jpg

They couldn't throw a new battery in it while it was all taken apart for an issue and then give you a $400 bill. That would have frosted my cookies enough to never want to buy one of their products again.

Did the fix come with a warrenty of any kind as it has not been funtional since the rebuild? Willing to make a trade for a firearm perhaps?

johnny--2k
10-26-2009, 04:48 PM
There was a new battery in it with the repair, but that was a while ago and the batt died again. I have never kept a watch unworn with the crown out because it allows for dust to get inside the case, so the crown was screwed down the whole time.

Not really looking for any trades right now though.