PDA

View Full Version : Anyonwe work for Ewald?

Memphis
10-25-2009, 03:48 PM
My aunt and uncle are having some "issues" with them. Please PM me if anyone is there...

Holeshot
10-25-2009, 05:03 PM
I know Matt and Joe in Parts

DerangedPony
10-25-2009, 06:03 PM
I use to but I also had issues. They really went down the drain lately. You could PM me the problem and I could see if I could direct you to somebody better to talk to.

1fast2litre
10-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Hey Matt this is Brad (wheels) lil brother, I work at Ewald Venus Ford in the bodyshop. If I can help you in anyway let me know.

1320PNY
10-25-2009, 08:37 PM
I bought 2 cars from Ewalds Hartford Ford Lincoln Mercury. My sales guy was Jerry Clemens, who was awesome. After that, complete shit! Tom Ewald could give a darn about anybody. They put a dent im my convertible and denied it. Only after I pitched a bitch did they call the dent doctor and make it right. They broke the e-brake on my coupe during an oil change and denied that. Told me they "might" be able to cover it under warranty, but they would have to "call me back". I sent a nasty e-mail to Tom and no response.

I go to Sorens! Great Service, period.

Red97GTP
10-25-2009, 11:51 PM
1fast2litre... is tom herbert still the service director there? he used to run the body shop at lincoln mercury where i worked. he was the manager there before i worked in there before i was the assistant manager. is the redhead that he took with him still there as well? i used to work with her brother at an oil change place a few years back.

Moparjim
10-26-2009, 09:54 AM
I have an Ewald Chrysler horror story as well. Took my wife's PT there -only because Dodge City South closed - when it had like 16k on it because the clutch wouldn't release fully - with the pedal all the way to the floor you would have to force/clunk it into gear. Told them it probably just needed to be adjusted, or the slave cylinder bled, or a new slave - all of which should have been covered under warranty. Needless to say, 3 trips later and several calls to Chrysler and their service manager was insisting that the "clutch was worn out" and that it would be $1200 for a new clutch. At one point, he even showed me the printout from tech connect that listed the possible causes for the clutch not disengaging fully. Guess what they were - adjustment, slave cylinder, etc. The only clutch or pressure plate issue listed on there was if it was "damaged during installation i.e. at the factory". Their also was a TSB at one point for springs or pins falling out of the pressure plate and getting jammed in there. I argued with him for awhile asking where one earth it said "clutch worn out" as a cause for NOT RELEASING. Chrysler on the phone was more than willing to work with me, but they kept calling him and he kept saying it was "worn out". The Chrysler guy on the phone was like "I just need him to say he thinks its defective, but if he keeps saying "worn" then we can't cover it." We also argued about how a clutch and pressure plate for a FWD car could possibly be $1200 since I figured a clutch and pressure plate parts would be like $100-$200 if I went and bought them so even at double that or something for dealer parts and $100 an hour thats like 8 hours labor or something he was trying to charge. Needless to say, he wouldn't stop saying it was worn out. So, I bit the bullet and drove all the way out to Dodge City on Capital. 15 minutes later they had adjusted the clutch pedal and it has been fine ever since. They also told me the clutch parts were like under $200 even from the dealer, and it was I forget like 4 hours labor so like $400-$500 to have them do it rather than the $1200 Ewald wanted...

Waver
10-26-2009, 10:01 AM
I have an Ewald Chrysler horror story as well. Took my wife's PT there -only because Dodge City South closed - when it had like 16k on it because the clutch wouldn't release fully - with the pedal all the way to the floor you would have to force/clunk it into gear. Told them it probably just needed to be adjusted, or the slave cylinder bled, or a new slave - all of which should have been covered under warranty. Needless to say, 3 trips later and several calls to Chrysler and their service manager was insisting that the "clutch was worn out" and that it would be $1200 for a new clutch. At one point, he even showed me the printout from tech connect that listed the possible causes for the clutch not disengaging fully. Guess what they were - adjustment, slave cylinder, etc. The only clutch or pressure plate issue listed on there was if it was "damaged during installation i.e. at the factory". Their also was a TSB at one point for springs or pins falling out of the pressure plate and getting jammed in there. I argued with him for awhile asking where one earth it said "clutch worn out" as a cause for NOT RELEASING. Chrysler on the phone was more than willing to work with me, but they kept calling him and he kept saying it was "worn out". The Chrysler guy on the phone was like "I just need him to say he thinks its defective, but if he keeps saying "worn" then we can't cover it." We also argued about how a clutch and pressure plate for a FWD car could possibly be $1200 since I figured a clutch and pressure plate parts would be like $100-$200 if I went and bought them so even at double that or something for dealer parts and $100 an hour thats like 8 hours labor or something he was trying to charge. Needless to say, he wouldn't stop saying it was worn out. So, I bit the bullet and drove all the way out to Dodge City on Capital. 15 minutes later they had adjusted the clutch pedal and it has been fine ever since. They also told me the clutch parts were like under $200 even from the dealer, and it was I forget like 4 hours labor so like $400-$500 to have them do it rather than the $1200 Ewald wanted...

Who was the service manager that you spoke with...I used to work in service and parts when they were still mayfair

Moparjim
10-26-2009, 11:53 AM
I can't recall his name - I would if I heard it though.

The "service advisor" or whatever was a decent enough guy and seemed to be trying to help me out, his name escapes me too but I would know it if I heard it. The service manager though was the guy sticking to trying to hard sell the $1200 clutch job, even after I explained numerous times that I would be just fixing it myself if it did indeed need a clutch.

As far as I'm concerned the guy really screwed himself and Ewald lol. I own a shitload of Chryslers, was about to buy a new Caliber from them, and will probably buy I don't know how many Chryslers in my future lifetime and Ewald was now the closest remaining Chrysler dealer to me in Oak Creek. Now, I bought my Caliber from Dodge City, will continue to go all the way out to Dodge City for all my warranty work, parts, and future car purchases, not to mention I will take every opportunity to tell anyone that asks about my "Ewald experience".

My step brother also recently had an Ewald screwover as well. He has an 03 Ram that the heater core started leaking. Stupidly without even talking to me about it, he had Ewald replace it. They charged him $1000 to replace the heater core... 9 months and like 15k miles later it was leaking again. He took it back since it had a 1 year warranty. They told him that yes it had a 1 year warranty but only 12K miles and since he was over the mileage it was out of warranty and would be another $1000. He went berzerk and was like WTF its a 03, so the first heater core only lasted a few years and now your basically telling me I am going to spend $1000 replacing this every year or so lol. They then told him they could probably get the part covered, but it would still be $800 or so in labor, and that the reason that it failed so fast was that he didn't flush the coolant when it was installed. My step brother pulled out his receipt, from Ewald, where they clearly listed amongst the $1000 charges that they had flushed and filled his coolant... They had no real good answer for that one... Needless to say, we found out on our own that a heater core for an 03 Ram costs nowhere near $1000/8 hours in labor charges to replace.

Moparjim
10-26-2009, 11:54 AM
These posts are all Ewald Chrysler in Franklin BTW.

Waver
10-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Ahhh I was at the mayfair store, before it closed......

-stew-
10-26-2009, 01:23 PM
I worked at Dodgeland (an Ewald store) in Franklin for a short while (long enough to go broke) a few years ago. Terrible place to work. The last straw was being there on a Saturday, with no work on the schedule standing there reading a magazine (not getting paid a dime) and I look up and the shop "apprentice" (who was paid hourly) was doing a customer pay brake job. I asked the service writer why he was doing customer pay work she just looked at me like I had a dick growing from my forehead. I quit the following Wednesday.

Car Guy
10-26-2009, 01:28 PM
*signing* "COME DISCOVER NOW, THE EWALD ADVANTAGE" :punch: :punch: :punch:

Memphis
10-26-2009, 06:52 PM
*signing* "COME DISCOVER NOW, THE EWALD ADVANTAGE" :punch: :punch: :punch:

Are you "signing" the song or "singing" the song?:goof

1fast2litre
10-26-2009, 07:00 PM
1fast2litre... is tom herbert still the service director there? he used to run the body shop at lincoln mercury where i worked. he was the manager there before i worked in there before i was the assistant manager. is the redhead that he took with him still there as well? i used to work with her brother at an oil change place a few years back.

Yeap Redhead is the asst. in the bodyshop, Herbert is still there too

Car Guy
10-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Are you "signing" the song or "singing" the song?:goof

You know what I meant......:thumbsup

1fast2litre
10-26-2009, 07:07 PM
These posts are all Ewald Chrysler in Franklin BTW.

I hear horror stories from tons of people about Ewald Chrysler, I personally wouldnt take anything I own to any Ewald store for service but I would for the Bodyshop :goof

Lv2xlr8
10-27-2009, 05:08 PM
I bought my Stang from Ewald Hartford. Sales guy was cool, but the Finance guy and Store Manager were tools. I dont even take my vehicles there for service anymore.They have that attitude where they can care less about the customer. Poor customer service equals no business from me. However the parts guys are very cool so I still get my parts there. Next Ford will be bought elsewhere tho.

Waver
10-27-2009, 05:11 PM
I hear horror stories from tons of people about Ewald Chrysler, I personally wouldnt take anything I own to any Ewald store for service but I would for the Bodyshop :goof

almost as bad as rosen

cyclone70
10-28-2009, 10:42 AM
John Caretta is the servic manager and Gabe was your service advisor.

Gave my notice here Friday, may be heading back to Michigan

Moparjim
03-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Another story brings this thread back from the dead. Same step brother has his wife rocking a Dodge Caravan. Day before yesterday she starts to hear a whining noise, gets worse, then she cant steer (obvious power steering problem - probably fluid leak). Before she gets a hold of the step brother, she doesnt know what to do so has it towed to Ewald since thats what is in the glovebox lol. Ewald proceeds to tell her that it needs EVERYTHING steering related they can think of to the tune of $3200, and convince her that she should just trade her van in and buy a brand new one - offering her less than half the trade value on hers since it needs $3200 worth of work, its like her van plus $21,000 they have her talked into.

Luckily my step brother gets a hold of her, had it towed to another nearby shop (he couldnt get a hold of me immediately either). Couple hours and $200 later the van has a new PS hose or fitting he is not sure which had cracked and leaked all the fluid out and van is fine....

Lv2xlr8
03-09-2013, 04:30 PM
I had the same experience buying my Stang from Ewald Hartford. Mgr's are dicks. Service was teribble. Parts guys have been cool. I recently checked into ordering a 2014 GT500, the GM said I can order one if I pay $10k over MSRP! He said it's worth it because the next Mustang will be front wheel drive. What a moron. Will never ever consider Ewald for a car again.F-em

Reverend Cooper
03-09-2013, 05:02 PM
I know Brett Ewald Quite well actually.

Moparjim
03-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Well show him this thread Cooper, who knows maybe he doesn't know this crap goes on over there... If he does, well then lol...

Reverend Cooper
03-09-2013, 05:08 PM
He runs the Chevy store,but i'm sure he could help. My suggestion would be to contact him and tell him I suggested talking to him,he will at least give you a willing ear for sure.

Moparjim
03-09-2013, 05:53 PM
No experience with the Chevy store, but yeah the Dodge store I have several personal and many family and friend negative experiences.

Slow Joe
03-15-2013, 04:03 PM
I know Brett Ewald Quite well actually.

As do I... As well as knowing Tom, Brian, Eric, and Jay...

I'm going to let them know about this... Even though it was resurected from the ashes of 2009....