PDA

View Full Version : Fun event tonite!

lordairgtar
10-24-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm doing this event as I have since 1984. The Wisconsin Corvette Club's Hare And Hounds Rallye to benefit Spina Bifida. $20.00 entry. Any kind of vehicle can enter but you need a navigator.
Starting Point: Park and Ride at I 94 and HWY 83 in Delafield
Registration and Tech: 4:45 PM-5:45 PM
Participants Meeting: 5:50 PM
First Car Out: 6:30 PM
cars are sent out in order of registration. This is done at night and is a blast. A Hare And Hounds works like this: At the start point you are sent out first for the odometer check, after that you are directed to the first intersection...then you are on your own, but for one thing. At or near an intersection there will be a red marker. At that point you make a decision to go straight, right, or left. If you make the correct decision, you will see a corresponding green marker within the half mile. Then you proceed until you find the next red marker and repeat the process. If you do not see the green marker, you must go back to that intersection and try another direction until you do find the green marker. Hope to see some of you out there. We usually wind up at a nice spot for food and awards. No, I do not know where the end point is. Won't find that out until the drivers meeting.

lordairgtar
10-25-2009, 11:17 PM
Man, did I suck goat balls at this event. DNF. The only one I ever had since I started in 1984. Those hidden double loops will screw you everytime.