PDA

View Full Version : Job opportunity

STANMAN
10-22-2009, 03:22 PM
I have a temp job opening. Could turn into a hireable position, but that would be at least a year out as we are closing a facility and those EE's must be offered jobs before we would hire a temp. That being said, the starting pay would be $13.65 an hour (that's including the shift premium) on 3rd shift. I would like to get the person screened through the temp service tomorrow to start on Monday (10/26). Training would be for at least 2 weeks on 1st shift.

Yooformula
10-22-2009, 03:29 PM
nice Bob! whats the position entail? requirements?

STANMAN
10-22-2009, 03:55 PM
It is in a manufacturing environment. The official title is "Floater", which basically means you would be trained in several of our areas and would be required to fill in those areas as needed. (good job for someone who doesn't like to do the same thing every day). Here at Charter we manufacture 3 main product lines: valve keys (that lock on the stem), valve spring retainers (the keys and valve stem are seated in this part), and wire forms (the clips you see on universal joints). We are a global tier 1 automotive supplier which means we ship directly to OEM's, not 3rd party suppliers. (Although we do ship to 3rd parties such as Federal Mogul and Dana) Address is 7850 North 81st Street (very close to Tower Road, like 3 blocks) Milwaukee, WI.

Requirements: willing to work hard, willing to learn, willing to follow the following key operating positions in the following order: teamwork, safety, quality, customer satisfaction, cost and production. Manufacturing background a plus, but not required, as we will train the correct candidate. Lifting up to 50lbs at chest level 11+ times in a day is required.

One last qualifier that people should keep in mind: this position reports directly to me, if that's an issue, this position won't be for you.

4gethonda
10-22-2009, 03:57 PM
weres it located? and and job requirments?

88Nightmare
10-22-2009, 04:26 PM
thank you for the phone call bob. PM sent

GRAMPS SS
10-22-2009, 06:39 PM
nice to offer Bob...but why not hire back someone you have laid off that knows the jobs already so the training program wouldn't go so long...hmmmmmmmmmmm like lil ry....or.........anyone of the others....just a thought........

88Nightmare
10-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Are you referring to me, Wayne? I was there for a short time and remember my way around the machines. Perhaps Lil Ry was offered but had already found something else.... not sure. Bob had called me and asked if I wanted my position back. Him and I will most likely be hammering out the finer details tomorrow.

STANMAN
10-22-2009, 10:18 PM
nice to offer Bob...but why not hire back someone you have laid off that knows the jobs already so the training program wouldn't go so long...hmmmmmmmmmmm like lil ry....or.........anyone of the others....just a thought........

I have talked to Lil Ry numerous times, he is not interested unless it's a Charter Automotive hire, not a temp.

SBC-Fox
10-23-2009, 12:03 AM
truth stated above i worked there almost a year and was let go still as a temp loved the job loved the envirement my supervisor was lack luster just kidding Bob but i will not return unless im hired on.Just feel i payed my dues as a temp.

lordairgtar
10-23-2009, 12:13 AM
Being a temp sucks, but sometimes the temp thing gets you into the door and the company might like what they see and hire you after the temp contract runs out. That's how I got my job at Custom Wire.

84hurst
10-23-2009, 12:52 AM
I'm very intersted! Strong manufacturing and mechanical backround and laid off since the end of feb. I will be looking into this for sure! Second shift preferred but I'm flexible!

grimproductions
10-23-2009, 03:15 AM
i have a tool and die background with welding and cnc operating/programing. sitting here without a job and being denied unemployment. letsrunem sent you a pm for me because my other account was locked for some reason. pm me and let me know wat i need to do.

STANMAN
10-23-2009, 05:57 AM
Wow, lots of interest in this, which is great to see! The postition has been offered to Mike (88nightmare) as he can come in with minimal training as he has been employed with us before. If this does not happen I will sift through all the other resumes/recommendations I have recieved. Thanks for all the replies and interest!

STANMAN
10-23-2009, 05:59 AM
truth stated above i worked there almost a year and was let go still as a temp loved the job loved the envirement my supervisor was lack luster just kidding Bob but i will not return unless im hired on.Just feel i payed my dues as a temp.

And you did. George still asks how you are doing. You know when the plant manager is asking about a temp, that the temp did great work!!! You know you'll be back one day, it's just a matter of when:thumbsup