PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal Activity

Goat Roper
10-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Anybody else go see this movie yet? Thoughts?

pOrk
10-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Roommate saw it and loved it, is going again tonight to see it again with his newest gal pal

Goat Roper
10-21-2009, 07:39 PM
If you watched the extended trailer, it kind of leads you to know certain parts but I was in a packed theatre last Friday with the wife and I think the best part was all of the people freaked out that basically freaked everybody else out. The lady next to us kept saying "I am so nervous, I am so nervous"

It is a theatre of the mind though, nothing visual (for the most part)

The foot steps, those damn foot steps in the movie.

Prince Valiant
10-21-2009, 09:36 PM
where is it playing in the area?

Goat Roper
10-21-2009, 09:57 PM
where is it playing in the area?

I went to the Showcase Cinemas here in Franklin. I want to say that when I looked last week it was in 6 theatres around here (do not remember where else), probably more by now.

GTSLOW
10-21-2009, 10:34 PM
I want to see it so bad. Would you say its to good to pass up in theaters?

Goat Roper
10-21-2009, 10:40 PM
See it in theatres. The collective anxiety is fun! That and when one person screams it has a tendency to set everybody off. See it while it is popular though and the crowds are big.

Monstr913
10-21-2009, 11:54 PM
seen it last friday as well diffanately need to see in theatres...the mood is just right, its like mouse trap...everyone is waiting to jump, just need someone else to to it first to set the rest off

TheRX7Project
10-22-2009, 08:13 AM
IDK, it didn't get to me much. I'll admit some goosebumps. To me, it wasn't a "good movie" but more of an "extremely fucked up movie worth seeing because it is so fucked up."

juicedimpss
10-22-2009, 09:43 AM
it was the absolute biggest waste of time and money going to see this movie IMO. I damn near got motion sickness. The only thing that kept me in the theater was the HUMOR in the first hour. That dude had me crackin up for sure.
my .02,wait for it to come out on dvd and rent it.

GTSLOW
10-22-2009, 05:53 PM
^ That's what some people said about cloverfield and I loved that movie. Love or hate with these new "hand held" camera movies.

Goat Roper
10-22-2009, 08:21 PM
The camera is stopped most of the time but there are indeed points where he is lugging the thing around, it is not a small camera.

PonyKiller87
10-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Would have been better if that chick got naked, nice rack, lol.

0TransAm0
10-22-2009, 09:00 PM
my brother went ans saw it. said it was the worst movie ever and a waist of money and time..

Goat Roper
10-22-2009, 09:04 PM
my brother went ans saw it. said it was the worst movie ever and a waist of money and time..

This is def one of those loved it or hated it movies with little inbetween. You have to like scary movies, you have to understand that it is not a very visual scare move...it is all in your head. Do not go into the movie thinkiing it is going to be some Friday the 13th episode 20, it is very different.

Yooformula
10-22-2009, 09:21 PM
ahh another hand held movie, although I liked Cloverfield and Quarantine so this is still on my list.

94greenbandit
10-22-2009, 09:56 PM
It seems interesting, I like watching the TV shows on discovery like Ghost Labs.

VroomPshhTsi
10-23-2009, 08:53 AM
I thought it was "eh". The whole time I just kept thinking about how easy it was for them to make money off this. Low budget film, a few special effects, and then a ton of $$ on marketing to get ppl to demand it.

Had a few moments that made it a scary movie, but I went with two girls so they were freaked the whole time. I agree with other posts on here about how it was a film huge on anticipation, not so much with what they actually show.

94greenbandit
10-23-2009, 10:41 AM
http://www.thefourthkind.net/

This seems interesting

OxmanWI
10-31-2009, 04:49 PM
Seeing this movie tonight, I never really jump in movies, but I heard this one make everyone jump. Can't Wait!!!

URLOZIN
10-31-2009, 05:05 PM
Paranormal Activity absolutely sucked imho. We went with four other people and nobody liked it. I heard everyone saying it was a dumb movie as they were leaving.

rally_scort
10-31-2009, 10:31 PM
save yourself some money and watch it online instead.Theres plenty of great quality copies floating around the net.I guess you cant really judge a movie that was filmed for around $11k.The movie was just up to par with the cost to produce it :yawn:

HITMAN
11-01-2009, 01:06 AM
^ That's what some people said about cloverfield and I loved that movie. Love or hate with these new "hand held" camera movies.

Cloverfield blew. So much potential, such a worthless cinema technique. Blair Witch was less jerky, and I actually thought Quarantine wasn't bad. Cloverfield had the biggest budget of any of them and the shittiest camera technique. I wouldn't watch that movie again unless I was paid to.

Crawlin
11-01-2009, 09:06 AM
downloaded it, watched it kindof fast forwarding through it. The download version has different ending than theater version in some cases.

I agree it looked boring, but maybe I missed all the fun stuff?

URLOZIN
11-01-2009, 10:31 AM
downloaded it, watched it kindof fast forwarding through it. The download version has different ending than theater version in some cases.

I agree it looked boring, but maybe I missed all the fun stuff?
you didn't miss anything.

OxmanWI
11-02-2009, 06:30 PM
I liked it, it creeped me and the girl out. I thought the ending could have been better but I'd give it 7 out of 10.

GTSLOW
11-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Chris did you find a good copy?

Hitman - To each his own. I did think quarantine was pretty good too. Although I watched in on bootleg so quality wasn't good. I love the part with the old crazy chick in the beggining.

Yooformula
11-02-2009, 08:13 PM
http://www.thefourthkind.net/

This seems interesting

agreed this one looks good!

Goat Roper
11-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Just like Blair Witch, there has been little middle ground on this one, so many people hating it and an equal number loving it. A co-worker took his wife on Halloween and his wife has jumped out of bed each night hearing their dog walk across their hardwood floors.