PDA

View Full Version : VIN researching options.....

Car Guy
10-21-2009, 09:06 AM
I know of Carfax and Autocheck, are there any others and what are you opinions on the ones available...???

Just curious......:durr

Car Guy
10-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Nobody...???

07ROUSHSTG3
10-22-2009, 10:11 AM
i only have experience with carfax. i guess one other option would be call a dealer and have them run the make in their respective computer systems. i know the ford OASIS system only allows for vehicle 9 years old or newer.

Waver
10-22-2009, 10:14 AM
i only have experience with carfax. i guess one other option would be call a dealer and have them run the make in their respective computer systems. i know the ford OASIS system only allows for vehicle 9 years old or newer.

Well that and it only shows if there was anything covered by the waranty or if there is any recalls or tsb's that are ineffect for the vehicle....other than that it wont give you the information on any owners after the initial purchase date, as well as the title/accident history

Karps TA
10-22-2009, 10:30 AM
The only problem is every state has different rules for what is tracked. So if buying something from say IL, you may not truely know what the history of the car is.

03CVLX
10-22-2009, 06:20 PM
I have heard Illinois and Florida are the absolute worst, as far as info provided. Also for just plain buying cars from those states. I don't know of any other options than the two mentioned.

Carfax - shows routine maintenance visits if reported
Autocheck - tends to show more accidents I have found, that never make it on Carfax.
Also cheaper and you get unlimited for much longer than carfax.

DerangedPony
10-22-2009, 06:51 PM
ADAMM uses autocheck so most of the big car dealers in Milwaukee also use it. I think it's because they have better history info.

Waver
10-22-2009, 07:28 PM
ADAMM uses autocheck so most of the big car dealers in Milwaukee also use it. I think it's because they have better history info.

You are absolutly correct, the information is a bit better and it is half the cost, wouldnt you use it too?