PDA

View Full Version : Any 62-67 nova gurus on here ?

awsomeears
10-20-2009, 11:37 PM
I'm interested in a 65 Nova on ebay that didn't sell, I contacted the member and got some info.

I would just like to get some heads up from a Nova guru about a possible purchase and if its worth it.

:thumbsup

lordairgtar
10-20-2009, 11:48 PM
It's a car that you can pretty much build any way you want. Lots of aftermarket stuff out there. Plus if you want to build it stock, lots of restoration repro stuff out there too. Not seeing what this looks like, I can't comment on the actual car.

jbiscuit
10-21-2009, 07:31 AM
can you post the link to the car or auction number? What kind of shape is the car in? I would assume/expect the worst with body rot/rust, frame and body mount problems etc...a majority of classic cars today have some of those problems as all the super solid ones are long gone or command big $$$$. If the car is say $4000, expect it won't be super solid. Is it a roller, a driver? WHat are you expecting out of your purchase? Hard to "lose" money with a classic chevy even in a softer market. The high end muscle cars took the biggest hit but the moderate cars ($10-45k) stayed the same value if not went up in value compared to last year. I always try and compare as close to apples to apples as I can fine online to determine what the car is worth. For instance if the car is a 65 nova with 350sbc and a th350, non posi, ralleye wheels, couple repaints type car those are pretty easy to find similar examples of online for sale to compare to. If its a numbers matching sbc 4-speed car with original interior, 1 repaint, 1-2 owner car then its a bit harder to find a comp vehicle.

Use these tips as a guide...if you post the auction, we can help you out even more. They are great cars, easy to work on with a lot of potential. A mildly built small block in one of those with a 12 bolt posi and a 4-speed would be a ton of fun to drive

Feature Pony
10-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Contact Doc Dave either on here or on www.bcsm.net

Lash
10-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Is it the blue one in Racine?