PDA

View Full Version : E85, where else can it be used...???

Car Guy
10-19-2009, 04:59 PM
I have roughly 10 gallons of E85 and don't know what to do with it. I hate to throw away $25 worth of fuel but don't have a vehicle that will accept it.....

Any ideas...??? Maybe I’ll just have one hell of a bonfire party......:flamet

WhatsADSM
10-19-2009, 05:20 PM
I have roughly 10 gallons of E85 and don't know what to do with it. I hate to throw away $25 worth of fuel but don't have a vehicle that will accept it.....

It can be used in my car... I take donations :)

Seriously though is it old or something? How did you just come by extra e-85 :confused

Car Guy
10-19-2009, 08:19 PM
I removed it from a customer's car that wasn't E85 compatible, she now knows not to "save a few cents" by using it....:goof

Out of the 10 gallons I have there might be a gallon or two of 'regular' 87 octane mixed in and has been sitting for about two months......

SSLEVO
10-20-2009, 07:34 AM
I wouldn't run that in any boosted application, probably lucky if there is 70% ethanol in there. I'm sure there are guys on here with flex fuel trucks that would take it.

DRK
10-20-2009, 09:10 AM

throw one gallon for every ten in the tank of any fuel injected beater and drive

WhatsADSM
10-20-2009, 10:45 AM
throw one gallon for every ten in the tank of any fuel injected beater and drive

Yea SSL is right... and my car is tuned pretty safe I still wouldn't want to run that stuff in my car without playing with the tune... not worth it really.

DRK is pretty much right, you can probably just slowly add 1 gallon or so per fill up of that stuff to your DD just to save a little cash.

Car Guy
10-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Adding in one gallon every tank full is too much dicking around for me. I'm thinking all 10 gallons on a HUGE bonfire would be much more worth my time and $$$......:devil :headbang

RanJer
10-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Adding in one gallon every tank full is too much dicking around for me. I'm thinking all 10 gallons on a HUGE bonfire would be much more worth my time and $$$......:devil :headbang

Just say when :fire :thumbsup