PDA

View Full Version : certafit dealer

That_Guy
10-19-2009, 03:01 PM
well this morning on my way to work i had a fender bender.. hood on my car is destroyed and so is my front bumper/ headlights.. "down side of being so low" lady stopped out of knowhere because she missed her turn.
"hammer on the brakes " anywho.. anybody know a certafit dealer in the area im going to see if i can work a deal with my insurance company id like to order the parts i want. ill post pictures later for you fellas who love to see cobalt carnage. thank god its only those two parts and not a who front clip related deal . that and nobody was hurt.

PureSound15
10-19-2009, 03:19 PM
My experience with certafit garbage is that it's... garbage. Cheap garbage.

P.s. I still think you're a douche canoe. :)

That_Guy
10-19-2009, 03:26 PM
My experience with certafit garbage is that it's... garbage. Cheap garbage.

P.s. I still think you're a douche canoe. :)

thanks for the heads up.

and if it makes you feel any better.. i never thought ill of you.:shades

johnny--2k
10-19-2009, 03:30 PM
certashit.....go OEM and do it right, don't cheap out on that stuff. Maybe the headlights are OK, but body panels are crap. My dealership has dealt with them before and will avoid doing so at all costs if possible.

That_Guy
10-19-2009, 03:33 PM
certashit.....go OEM and do it right, don't cheap out on that stuff. Maybe the headlights are OK, but body panels are crap. My dealership has dealt with them before and will avoid doing so at all costs if possible.

ok.. i've heard good and bad about certafit thats why i posted here. i figure somebody had to have heard or dealt with it.

i appreciate the heads up "seriously"

03CVLX
10-19-2009, 03:56 PM
the front sidemarkers and headlights on my car are all Certifit stuff. I'm not real sure I would trust the body panels though. Not on anything you want to be perfect anyway.

fly5150
10-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Id do Certi-fit on a beater or something you dont car a ton about. OEM if you want it to look good.

pOrk
10-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Have any of you actually USED Certi-Fit parts yourselves? EVERYTHING I've bought from their is decent, quality stuff. They let you open everything right there in the waiting room to check for damage / warped body panels / etc etc before you buy. AND its cheap.

That_Guy
10-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Id do Certi-fit on a beater or something you dont car a ton about. OEM if you want it to look good.

sounds like im just going to get the headlights im just going to do a projector retro fit

That_Guy
10-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Have any of you actually USED Certi-Fit parts yourselves? EVERYTHING I've bought from their is decent, quality stuff. They let you open everything right there in the waiting room to check for damage / warped body panels / etc etc before you buy. AND its cheap.

i remember you had a post about that civic with all the certafit stuff it turned out nice

PureSound15
10-19-2009, 04:39 PM
You must have gotten lucky, Eric. Yes I have purchased certifit junk, and a buddy of mine tries using their panels for a front end converstion - it was all junk.

Slow Joe
10-19-2009, 05:48 PM
I know lots of people that have used parts from sorta-fit, and even I'd personally buy them if good used ones were more expensive or not available...

Unless it's something you like a lot... But if it's a DD or similar... Certafit it is!

pOrk
10-19-2009, 06:21 PM
You must have gotten lucky, Eric. Yes I have purchased certifit junk, and a buddy of mine tries using their panels for a front end converstion - it was all junk.

I've gotten lucky their 5 or 6 times now. My 24 dollar honda fender fit better then the factory replacement did. The S10 Blazer fenders look EXACTLY the same as the stock ones do. Don't believe me, come look at the blazer :thumbsup

Boosted01GT
10-19-2009, 06:26 PM
i used certashit on my 2002 grand prix se and the bumper fit like complete garbage compared to the OEM. My friend has a hood, bumper, and driverside fender on his 2000 gtp and he has a huge gap between the door and fender. He also has a huge gap between the top of the headlight and fender. I would buy oem over certafit any day, but yes people do get lucky with some very good quality parts.

03CVLX
10-19-2009, 09:43 PM
I personally think it has nothing to do with Certafit themselves. Its whatever cheap chinese source they are using for that particular part. Some cars the molds or stampings are quite accurate while others were setup by drunken chinamen. :rolf and thus fit like ass.

Burgandy85SS
10-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Ive used certi-fit on many of my side jobs and havent had a problem yet. I personally wouldnt use it on a nice car but its good enough for my daily beaters.
Also it depends on who is installing the parts alot of people have no idea what the hell there doing and blame it on poor quality parts

pOrk
10-20-2009, 07:14 AM
Ive used certi-fit on many of my side jobs and havent had a problem yet. I personally wouldnt use it on a nice car but its good enough for my daily beaters.
Also it depends on who is installing the parts alot of people have no idea what the hell there doing and blame it on poor quality parts

x2

If they have gaps between body panels, they don't know what the hell they are doing in most cases.

loud91rs
10-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Sorta-fit isn't all that bad, sometimes you just have to take the extra time to get it to fit right. Most of you will know that fenders don't just bolt on and have the body lines perfect anyways. My sister got a cavalier hood for $60, my camaro fenders were $25 a piece, and everything was decent. I'll admit we had to send one hood back because of dents, and on one of my fenders the bodyline was wrong, but hey for the price you can't complain.

twirkin50
10-20-2009, 11:54 AM
I have used certi fit on three vehicles with no problems. My civic DD has front/rear bumpers, mirrors, and they all fit/work great. Plus it was cheap. On a VW for a friend we put a hood, fenders, bumper, radiator support, moldings, headlights, mirrors, parking lights, and the car turned out great for cheap.

So, I must have been lucky as well.

Jeff
10-20-2009, 11:55 AM
I've used them for headlamps and sidemarkers and been happy with them so far.

houstonsaxton
10-20-2009, 04:47 PM
I use them on 2-3 cars a week and as long as you take the time to make them fit correctly the look just fine. Sometimes you might have to elongate a hole or tweak a hood, but thats normal for anything thats been hit and might have a slight sway.