PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Website help

Moparjim
10-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Hey if anyone is interested in helping me out and making a few bucks, it has been ages since I have had my website updated and I also need it moved to another host. It's www.milwaukeemopar.com if you want to see what I have now.

Its a pretty simple site I just need it a) updated with new cars, pics, and videos, and b) simplified and maybe a little training of me so I can possibly handle updates in the future, and c) moved to a new host.

Since its mainly a personal site at this point - its been ages since I've been doing any side work on Stealths and DSMs, I'm not looking to hire a web designer and do anything elaborate, just toss someone capable a few bucks for a side job!

Let me know!

Exitspeed
10-19-2009, 01:26 PM
How much is "a couple bucks"? I'd be willing to do a whole new website for you that would be easy for you to update at any time and be more robust.

WhatsADSM
10-19-2009, 01:49 PM
You may be able to get by with a decent editor (Frontpage, Dreamweaver, Nvu, etc) and just doing it yourself. Most of the editors are pretty easy to deal with these days.

Who is the domain registered with and who is the current hosting company? Do you know who you plan to use for the new host?

Moparjim
10-19-2009, 01:59 PM
It is registered with Domain Registry of America, www.droa.com. It is currently hosted at 50megs.com and now that I upgraded to Time Warner Business Class, I guess I can get it hosted there for free so want to move it.

No idea what a few bucks is, just PM me with a proposal!

Like I said I basically just want a basic site, menu on the side with links to past and current cars, possibly retain the services section, very similar to what I have but easy for me to edit and like you said more robust - I notice its quirky about resizing itself and a few other things.

Moparjim
10-19-2009, 02:01 PM
One option that is pretty ideal for me would be for someone to come by, help me a bit with getting the basic site framework done and learning Dreamweaver, and with the hosting part then I can do all the busy work like text and pics etc. I think I have Dreamweaver and a copy of the site...