PDA

View Full Version : buy low sell HIGH

GRAMPS SS
10-18-2009, 10:05 PM
seems someone acquired a brand new set ...still in the box never mounted GN wheels for a SMALL SUM and and put them on ebay.... bid was close to 2k and reserved not met....what kind of person would do such a thing to another person...taking advantage is freaking wrong in my book...

Yooformula
10-18-2009, 10:21 PM
uh oh, who did what Wayne?

Rocket Power
10-18-2009, 10:23 PM
^what he said

EastSider
10-18-2009, 10:25 PM
People taking advange to others, unfortunatly its the rule rather than the exception it seems

That_Guy
10-18-2009, 10:25 PM
^what he said
qft!!!!

awwww snap!....

-stew-
10-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Buying something for less than it is worth and reselling for what it is worth is not taking advantage of someone. Either Sam Walton or Herb Kohl made money when you bought the undies on your ass. Does that mean you were taken advantage of?

GTSLOW
10-18-2009, 10:38 PM
If that was wrong then almost every business in the world is wrong.

88Nightmare
10-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Buying something for less than it is worth and reselling for what it is worth is not taking advantage of someone. Either Sam Walton or Herb Kohl made money when you bought the undies on your ass. Does that mean you were taken advantage of?

when its amongst friends, I think a different set of rules apply. I suppose the situation can be viewed at different angles

GRAMPS SS
10-18-2009, 11:09 PM

but this person said the items were not worth that much to begin with and knowing knew what he was going to do , which was resell them at a profit...and screwed 3 people at the same time...that's BULLSHIT...YOU don't take advantage of people you know to make a buck off of them...

-stew-
10-18-2009, 11:14 PM
Caveat venditor

Caveat venditor is Latin for "let the seller beware". It is a counter to caveat emptor, and suggests that sellers too can be deceived in a market transaction.

PureSound15
10-19-2009, 08:33 AM
I do not see the point of this thread?

UnderPSI
10-19-2009, 08:46 AM
He is mad that he sold something to someone and then they sold it and made money on it. You can't do that I guess.

DurtyKurty
10-19-2009, 08:52 AM
Sounds like someone got mad because they didn't do there homework.

Silver03SRT
10-19-2009, 08:55 AM
I think its wrong. You sell someone something at a good deal because they are a buddy and want to help them out. If they turn around and sell them for a lot more than what you bought them for you just ripped your friend off. I would be pissed and never help that person out again. Thats why I usually try to sell the stuff to people I dont know for what I think is fair market value.

Silver03SRT
10-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Sounds like someone got mad because they didn't do there homework.

Who knows how the convo went between them. Maybe he didnt know that they were worth that much but the friend new and just didnt say anything because he wanted to make a quick buck. I have been in that situation and I always let them know how much I think its worth.

Car Guy
10-19-2009, 09:00 AM
I would need to know specific details before making a final judgment call, it's really hard to say otherwise......

Waver
10-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Unfortunatly that is life, as it happens in business al the time. Case in point. I try to get everyone on here the best deal if they were to buy a car from me, however I am still selling them a car for some denomination above what the dealership owes on it....and thus I am able to eat.
With this instance, the only way I can see that this is shady is if the seller was told, "hey man, I really need those rims for my nat, and I cant find a decent set that I can afford, can you help me out?" Then the buyer turns around and sells them.....because in essence, the buyer lied to a friend...............

SSLEVO
10-19-2009, 09:11 AM
If it was a friend, yeah that sucks. If it's some guy off the street, too bad for you

Josepy
10-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Unless names are given lock the thread. I've had it happen also. Sold someone a car ofr mine cause they needed it bad. Week later they turned around and re sold it for way more. I even told them I will buy the car back if he was going to sell it. Just don't deal with those people anymore. Lesson learned.

tommyt5078
10-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Happens all the time, but friends DON'T do this to friends at all.

It happening right now, people are buying stuff now that will be HOT in a couple of weeks that all the kids will want for X-mas and these SMART people are going to make a quick buck, but a friend would still sell it to them without making that quick buck.

My wife told me last week that you can get (forgot what it was called) for $8 and their going for $20 already on e-bay.

-stew-
10-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Unless names are given lock the thread.

Agreed. Details or lock.

Ricky Bobby
10-19-2009, 12:40 PM
x3 for details

holy shit up to 3g's already for rims damn

TransAm12sec
10-19-2009, 12:44 PM
This?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/buick-grand-national-gnx-t-type-original-gnx-wheels_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20ada15c81QQitem Z140351986817QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fA ccessories

HY35F2T
10-19-2009, 01:03 PM
im going to bid :rolf:rolf

Holeshot
10-19-2009, 01:51 PM
All I have to say is Karma has her way with everyone good or bad.

Nix
10-19-2009, 02:00 PM
This?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/buick-grand-national-gnx-t-type-original-gnx-wheels_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20ada15c81QQitem Z140351986817QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fA ccessories

I don't think so...

Item location: Fontana, California, United States

Feature Pony
10-19-2009, 02:26 PM
This happens all the time in the mopar world, I can't count on my hands how many times I've been screwed by someone I know claiming the item isn't worth anything and then I hear about someone else needing that part that they bought from so and so for big $$. I try to watch and do research on everything now before letting go of it.

GRAMPS SS
10-19-2009, 03:46 PM
He is mad that he sold something to someone and then they sold it and made money on it. You can't do that I guess.

i didn't sell them ..i know what the wheels are worth,...someone i know that i didn't know had the wheels sold them to someone here...the person here told the person i know that they weren't worth what he was asking...offered a lower amount and put them up on ebay...
I understand that if you sell something..tuff shit, and resell it for profit...but someone you know low balls you and knows what they are worth and then puts them up on ebay for 4 times the amount ...that's BULLSHIT..you don't take advantage of anyone like that...
you don't like my rant on this..lock it..but as someone said,,,,KARMA...it is a bitch and it will bite this person......

if i did that in my line of work...i wouldn't have a job....

-stew-
10-19-2009, 03:52 PM
In todays age of web forums, google, ebay, ect; there are few exsuses for not knowing the value of an item you are selling. Especially collector car parts.

jbiscuit
10-19-2009, 03:55 PM
In todays age of web forums, google, ebay, ect; there are few exsuses for not knowing the value of an item you are selling. Especially collector car parts.

+1 Shame on the seller for ummmm selling them :chair:

TheRX7Project
10-19-2009, 03:57 PM
If:
Friend A sold Friend B something for a good deal, with the intention that Friend B was going to use/keep the item, then Friend B turns around and sells the item for a profit, it's wrong.

Friend A buys something at a swap meet or other venue, from Non-Friend B, then sells the item for a profit, there's nothing wrong.

Example. My dad gave me the Belvedere with the intention that I would keep it. If I turned around and sold it (I have been made offers), that would be wrong.

However, a friend of my dad's sold a "kit car" that was sitting on his property for $500 to some guy via a newspaper ad. It turned out to be a real Cobra- a prototype, valued at over $200k. His fault for not doing his homework.

hrsp
10-19-2009, 04:22 PM
wow no comment other than to say no comment....

PureSound15
10-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Highschool drama - So Wayne, you're not even included in this transaction?

Slow Joe
10-19-2009, 06:00 PM

I have to agree with stew...

If someone buys something from a seller, and negotiates the seller down to a number below the asking price, and the offer is accepted... Well, then it's sold... Too bad, so sad if they sell it for more.

If the seller wanted to get more for it then they should of held firm to their number, or done more research.

If the other person turns around and puts it on ebay to sell it, and does and makes money... Well that just shows that they knew the value of the item when the seller didn't. They negotiated down to get a better deal knowing what it's worth...

As you said buy low, sell high... It's the mantra of sales.

Moral of the story is that a seller should do research on their item before selling it... Then they will be better informed and no one can be butt hurt in the end...

RanJer
10-19-2009, 06:04 PM
when its amongst friends, I think a different set of rules apply. I suppose the situation can be viewed at different angles

You sold that Festiva for more than you paid for it.. Guess we aren't friends.. Phew.. :banana1:

SSDude
10-19-2009, 09:36 PM
moral of the story is that a seller should do research on their item before selling it... Then they will be better informed and no one can be butt hurt :cryingin the end...

qftw