PDA

View Full Version : My first hunting day of the year

Rocket Power
10-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Well haven't been out bow hunting yet, but since the early gun hunt is this weekend and I hunt 10 min from work I went to the woods after work. 20 min after I got in the stand I saw a nice doe coming down the trail, I got my shotgun up and she saw me so I froze. I could only see her head through the hole in the leave and she was heading into the open area for a good shot. So she starts moving and stops and stares at me this time time I can see the head neck and upper shoulder but she's only like 10 ft from the open area so I hold off from shooting. Then the stupid stand shifted and she hears it and trots off to the left with no shot for me:fire
But I did see a deer in my first 20 min of hunting this year so I am happy. I also heard a buck snort a few times after she trotted off in the area she was headed toward, but I can't shoot a buck anyway. I'll be hunting sat and sunday afternoon since I have biggest loser stuff both mornings. Hope she comes back:headbang

SSDude
10-17-2009, 07:03 AM
Nice to know your hunting area has some deer in it.
I was able to bag one Thursday afternoon.
Good luck

That_Guy
10-17-2009, 07:49 AM
antlerless gun is this weekend!

DirtyMax
10-19-2009, 12:13 PM
I took two buddues up to my place this weekend and they each got one. I passed. My bucks still need girls to mate with to keep them around for the next few weeks. :)