PDA

View Full Version : TWC Customer Service Rocks

xxsn0blindxx
10-14-2009, 08:00 PM
I had my lawn aerated yesterday and they hit the buried cable, severing it somewhere underground. I called up TWC and in under 5 minutes from dialing to hanging up they had an appointment scheduled for today to come out and fix it for free. I told them exactly what happened and asked if there would be any charges involved and they said there would be none, which is pretty awesome considering it wasn't their fault. I don't know what time they came exactly, but everything is back up and running and I couldn't be happier.

There seems to be a lot of negativity towards Time Warner, but I have had nothing but good service. This was one of the best customer service calls I've ever had from anywhere.

0TransAm0
10-14-2009, 08:03 PM
sweet. ive never had any problems with them either.. when we moved and had to get a few wall plates and the cable ran from downstairs to the rooms, they were fast and the guy that did it was cool as hell.

Karps TA
10-14-2009, 08:04 PM
How deep were they aerating? TWC probably didn't charge you cause sounds like the cable wasn't buried properly.

But still nice of them to come out so quickly.

moels
10-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Never had a problem with them at all either, be it customer service or the techs that came to my home. I noticed tonight though, that since they switched the channels around my HD channels are choppy. I'm sure it's just a matter of re-booting my box though.

pOrk
10-14-2009, 08:09 PM
How deep were they aerating? TWC probably didn't charge you cause sounds like the cable wasn't buried properly.

Exactly what I was thinking

BlackLightning
10-14-2009, 08:14 PM
to bad TWC fucked up all the channels and still no HDnet :fire

xxsn0blindxx
10-14-2009, 08:18 PM

4 inch core aeration. From what I can tell it happened close to the house. When everything dropped out I looked out the window and he was right by where the cable line comes in. It probably didn't help that that corner is also where the sump pump had eroded quite a bit of dirt.

Russ Jerome
10-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Most of my HD channels are all hazy as usual, I called tonight to see about swapping a box tonight at Mayfair but they put me on hold to remind me I own them $11.13......hello I'll give you a $100 free cash if you come get my picture fixxed!!!

Hey Joe, can you come into Mayfair with me and see if you can work your charm on em thurs. I'll smash the box and you tell them you accidently drove over it :)

03Seville
10-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Most of my HD channels are all hazy as usual, I called tonight to see about swapping a box tonight at Mayfair but they put me on hold to remind me I own them $11.13......hello I'll give you a $100 free cash if you come get my picture fixxed!!!

Hey Joe, can you come into Mayfair with me and see if you can work your charm on em thurs. I'll smash the box and you tell them you accidently drove over it :)

just go in and swap it, chances are its prob not the box causing the issues but you can give it a try...

The reps at the store will swap it for you no questions asked, u dont need permission or any excuse

xxsn0blindxx
10-14-2009, 10:17 PM

You could just wait outside the store beat the crap out of the guy who won't give you a new box :rolf

Car Guy
10-15-2009, 09:21 AM
There seems to be a lot of negativity towards Time Warner, but I have had nothing but good service. This was one of the best customer service calls I've ever had from anywhere.

A select few people also win the lottery.....;)

Ricky Bobby
10-15-2009, 09:55 AM
A select few people also win the lottery.....;)
actually more people get there cable fixed then win the lottery :thumbsup

also with the new channel line up is supposed to be better will take a little gettin used to it i know im all messed up and i work there still dont know where half my ch are maybe if i had a list it would be better lol

Car Guy
10-15-2009, 10:15 AM
actually more people get there cable fixed then win the lottery :thumbsup

;)

Russ Jerome
10-15-2009, 10:59 AM
just go in and swap it, chances are its prob not the box causing the issues but you can give it a try...

Im open for suggestion. going to the mall or a TWC location and actualy meeting XXXXX'x face to face is not my idea of a fun night.

Picture looks like a scratched DVD, perfect picture then it become defragmented, audio fails at same time (garbled).

Only happens on certain channels, other channels on opposite days. The TV itself has an incredible picture with the channels that do work on a given day (this confirms tv and support hardware are working).

Weather doesnt make a difference.

Same odd defragmented picture will replay if your recording a show when replayed.

My TWC phone and interenet connection work during this audio/video failure.

xxsn0blindxx
10-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Have you tried hooking the box up to a different cable hookup? Sounds like either a bad box or possibly a bad line.

Ricky Bobby
10-15-2009, 06:04 PM
or signal going to said box is crap, how many tvs in the house do u have and what kind of splitter do u have in the bsmt

also go to 192.168.100.1 in your address bar on ur modem and click on signal and tell me what that page says and also go to ch 1900 on the box and tell me what those signals are since im not there with a meter to look directly at them maybe i can trouble shoot from here