PDA

View Full Version : need help finding a project

xFullThrottlex
10-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Hey BCMers,

I was wondering if anyone here could help me. As some of you may know, i've been trying to sell my el camino and vtr motorcycle. I have been looking for a traditional hot rod, really something with very little show quality that's built for pure, raw, speed. Although I'm not too fond of the term "rat rod" many of you probably know these cars as "rat rods." If you attended Cheaterama you know the car's i'm talking about. I haven't had much luck with a cash sale on either my bike or elco (been low balled, people haven't shown up, the usual.) In my ad and by word of mouth I stated that i'd like an older trade (tri five chevy, etc.) and i've been offered Minivans, F150s, Ford probes, civics, etc. (Nothing wrong with any of these cars, just not what i'm into/looking for as a project.)

Before I end up writing a novel I'll get to the point, Does anyone here know anyone with a car like i've mentioned who would be remotely interested in a trade? As far as what i'm interested in the skies the limit, i'd like something that's running/stopping/driving w/ a sbc and a stick but beggers can't always be choosers. Know any sites that i'm missing? (I check craigslist, and HAMB often.) Any local forums that could be helpful? I'd like to trade with someone local. Is this all just wishful thinking? Anyways, like always, thanks for your help.:banana

juicedimpss
10-14-2009, 10:18 AM
why not build the elcamino to be fast?

xFullThrottlex
10-14-2009, 11:02 AM
pm sent!

-stew-
10-14-2009, 11:03 AM
why not build the elcamino to be fast?

I see that as a very difficult process. What with it bein' a Chevy and all. :goof

GTSLOW
10-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Elco with a 5.0 swap? :goof

xFullThrottlex
10-14-2009, 11:20 AM
^lol here we go

xFullThrottlex
10-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Actually I wouldn't mind that 1,000hp ford engine that there was a thread about not too long ago!!

Flicktitty
10-14-2009, 12:07 PM
I thnk the cars your looking for are in too much demand and are asking ALOT more money then your El camino. And not to sound rude,but it doesn't seem that there is alot of demand for an el camino.

Best of luck to you.

I know up by Road America. i can't remember the road. but it seems like the guy always has old cars sitting out side forsale and he has a whole bunch of stuff behind his house. maybe it's worth a drive up there to see if he wants to trade/sell?

xFullThrottlex
10-14-2009, 12:25 PM
I thnk the cars your looking for are in too much demand and are asking ALOT more money then your El camino. And not to sound rude,but it doesn't seem that there is alot of demand for an el camino.

Best of luck to you.

I know up by Road America. i can't remember the road. but it seems like the guy always has old cars sitting out side forsale and he has a whole bunch of stuff behind his house. maybe it's worth a drive up there to see if he wants to trade/sell?

No rudeness at all. I think it's ridculious that these cars are going for
$8k-$10k, $15k, $20k when most guys have less then $2k-$5k in them!
There isn't a huge demand for an el camino, but i have gotten a lot of interest on the car which is good. I do have my price a little high as well, but I'm not too religious on selling it I suppose. I'm pretty sure I know where you are talking about, a buddy and I rode up there a few years back and checked out a few cars. In my experience, these guys are either the best people to buy from or will never sell. Either way thanks!!

xFullThrottlex
10-14-2009, 12:34 PM
lol, if worse comes to worse I can always trade for a 98 ranger that's a few threads below mine.

Flicktitty
10-14-2009, 01:59 PM
i looked up the road it's Hwy J and Hwy E just outside of Plymouth. between 57 and 67.

there's also a guy out by Elkhorn who sometimes has one or two sitting out off of . by hwy J and Hwy 20. north/north east of elkhorn.

have you looked on Racingjunk.com? to see if there is anything? or maybe google "rat rod forum" or something like that?

xFullThrottlex
10-14-2009, 02:25 PM
^hmmm, i have not. I'm going to look into it. Thanks for the advice!

BR3W CITY
10-14-2009, 03:38 PM
jalopyjournal.com has the H.A.M.B with ALL pre '65 (unless it was a carryover bodystyle) rods, kustoms, cruisers whatever. The classifieds is robust and has alot of very cool rides. About 70% of the stuff is in project form, the other stuff is either fully done rods ($$) or drivers. I know from experience its hard to find a perfect mix of price/completeness.
Racingjunk is good also, but not always a huge selection. I think somebody brought up the tempestsearch site for looking at multiple CL locations in one search too.

lordairgtar
10-14-2009, 04:45 PM
http://www.wirod.com/For%20Sale.htm
Howsa bout this truck? Could put a V8 in it easy. Also, go on the Chrome Czars forums. Those guy have a line on the type of thing you are looking for. www.chromeczars.com

LEWETHETIGER73
10-14-2009, 05:18 PM
How bout this one? $500 obo :banana1:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/LEWETHETIGER73/1971%20bonniville/P1010015.jpg

-stew-
10-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Buy Lew's poncho. This car needs to me kept on the road. Easy sbc swap. Have some duals hung on it, peal the vinyl roof off, $300 macco paint and you would have an awesome cruiser. If I owned a house that car would be in my driveway. Those obscure boats from the 70's are goin away left and right. We gotta save the ones we can.

VroomPshhTsi
10-14-2009, 06:34 PM
take one of those honduhs in ur driveway, gut it, drop a sbc in it (somehow) and u have a car

xFullThrottlex
10-14-2009, 07:54 PM
take one of those honduhs in ur driveway, gut it, drop a sbc in it (somehow) and u have a car

No more honduhs in my driveway:D. Except the TL and bikes. CRX is gone and Car sold his pile Integra. That would be an awesome swap though.

How bout this one? $500 obo

Very tempting Lew, but I know i'd end up kicking myself for not getting a trad rod.

Buy Lew's poncho. This car needs to me kept on the road. Easy sbc swap. Have some duals hung on it, peal the vinyl roof off, $300 macco paint and you would have an awesome cruiser. If I owned a house that car would be in my driveway. Those obscure boats from the 70's are goin away left and right. We gotta save the ones we can.

Would be an easy swap, and a neat car when finished. I hope it goes to a good home.

LEWETHETIGER73
10-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Why be traditional? Isn't that what hot rodding is all about, Individuality? :D
If you are interested the car is all set for a build. The motor is already pulled so half the work is already done. Leave the body the way it looks for now and slap your favorite drivetrain in and just cruise! Chrome is in excellent shape and the interior just needs a good cleaning. No tears anywhere on the seats or dash. And the headliner is mint! I just need it gone asap! Can arrange for a tow also.

VroomPshhTsi
10-14-2009, 08:23 PM
whose black integra with the pink rims that is always driving up the road?

xFullThrottlex
10-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Why be traditional? Isn't that what hot rodding is all about, Individuality? :D
If you are interested the car is all set for a build. The motor is already pulled so half the work is already done. Leave the body the way it looks for now and slap your favorite drivetrain in and just cruise! Chrome is in excellent shape and the interior just needs a good cleaning. No tears anywhere on the seats or dash. And the headliner is mint! I just need it gone asap! Can arrange for a tow also.

Lol, touche'. Id need to get rid of my el camino/bike first... or i'd be a dead man. I'll spread the word for you though

xFullThrottlex
10-14-2009, 09:20 PM
whose black integra with the pink rims that is always driving up the road?

dickhead's girlfriend. I don't know the specifics, just that it's a Honda with pink rims so it's Ghey.

xFullThrottlex
10-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Also, Ron from ClocksOff... thanks for taking the time out of your day to take my phone call!!:headbang:headbang:headbang

Flicktitty
10-14-2009, 09:22 PM
dickhead's girlfriend. I don't know the specifics, just that it's a Honda with pink rims so it's Ghey.

what's so gay about pink wheels? there is a girl on here that has pink wheels on her car lol.

xFullThrottlex
10-14-2009, 09:32 PM
I know i'm going to be contradicting myself here but

As long as it's a girls car there's nothing gay about it.

IMO things start getting fruity when there's pink rims on a guys car.

LEWETHETIGER73
10-14-2009, 09:56 PM
How bout the guy I saw driving a pink mustang?

xFullThrottlex
10-14-2009, 10:52 PM
How bout the guy I saw driving a pink mustang?

Lol, I guess if he likes it who am I to judge

xFullThrottlex
10-15-2009, 09:35 AM

Also, if you want to bring your Fit up to my house I have a 350 sitting on an engine stand.:D

VroomPshhTsi
10-15-2009, 06:53 PM
*Kevin's Fit