PDA

View Full Version : Another reason why I hate Thompson

Karps TA
10-13-2009, 11:29 AM
So Ted finally gets off his ass and signs Tauscher to help out the pathetic excuse for a line he's spent the last 5 years assembling. But he waits until after the bye week just so he doesn't have to pay him that week of salary.

Now it turns out that he's going to need a couple weeks of practice before he'll be in game shape and ready to play.

I swear I want Rodgers out with a season ending injury now in the next 2weeks due to the line giving up a sack.

This guy is more concerned with the bottom line then he is with putting a winning product on the field. Fans need to wake up and realize he's NEVER going to make the team a true contender.

07ROUSHSTG3
10-13-2009, 11:39 AM
well at least he brought him back. seems some people will find something to bitch about no matter what thompson does?!?!

Exitspeed
10-13-2009, 11:48 AM
I'd rather not see Rogders injured. Some people just aren't the same when they come back ie Brady.

I just don't get where the money goes. We're one of the only teams or maybe the only team in sports that sells out every single game at home and we make a ton of money off of merchandise. Why can't we get some high end players in here. Like Get Steven Jackson in as our RB. Or some shit like that.

Nix
10-13-2009, 12:38 PM
I swear I want Rodgers out with a season ending injury now in the next 2weeks due to the line giving up a sack.

Thats a terrible thing to say and it wouldn't teach anybody anything. Thompson sucks and eventually he will get his, I agree with you all they way but as for Rodgers getting hurt it wouldn't help anyone see the light. So far Im inpressed that Rodgers has bounced back from everything, but eventually I fear he will get hurt and then that would suck goat nuts.

Anakonda69
10-13-2009, 12:43 PM
God knows the team is hurting for money that we needed to save that week's salary. they said he isn't in football shape. i hated thompson before the whole favre deal. he has never done anything great. ron wolf where are you?

Smokey1226
10-13-2009, 12:45 PM
to the best of my knowledge, Tauscher was sitting in meetings/warm ups/working out with the team all week? So signing him has nothign to do with it, as he was there anyways. Again, we have NO IDEA how Tauscher is going to play, all it might take is 1 big 350lbs + lineman to fall on his knee again and game over. How do you know?

Although what i really liked about this poor Off Line deal, was the 2 tight end sets, then bringing a WR in tight to chip blitzing Linebackers and then go for a nice 6-7yd pass. If they can continue that kind of stuff, no matter what happens with your line we will have a chance. Clifton/Tauscher will be great to have back, but like i said you NEVER know whats going to happen.

Anakonda69
10-13-2009, 01:01 PM
to the best of my knowledge, Tauscher was sitting in meetings/warm ups/working out with the team all week? So signing him has nothign to do with it, as he was there anyways. Again, we have NO IDEA how Tauscher is going to play, all it might take is 1 big 350lbs + lineman to fall on his knee again and game over. How do you know?

Although what i really liked about this poor Off Line deal, was the 2 tight end sets, then bringing a WR in tight to chip blitzing Linebackers and then go for a nice 6-7yd pass. If they can continue that kind of stuff, no matter what happens with your line we will have a chance. Clifton/Tauscher will be great to have back, but like i said you NEVER know whats going to happen.

even if he was healthy a 350lb lineman falling it an he's done. not like they were really looking ast any other lineman besides him so just sign his ass. quit screwing around.

Karps TA
10-13-2009, 01:21 PM

He can't if he doesn't have a contract. They can work him out, but he can't be in meetings. What if this past Sunday some other team lost their RT and went after him?

The team is top 5 in available cap space. Stop screwing around and pinching pennies and for once do something to fix the problems on the team. Stop thinking someday your shitty players you drafted will magically get better.

Yooformula
10-13-2009, 02:13 PM
I heard on the radio that Tauscher wasnt still 100% considering how normally his type of injury would require at least a year and he is only 10 months out. Not to mention him being older, I think they might be stalling a bit to give him some more recoup time and to get him up to speed.

07ROUSHSTG3
10-13-2009, 02:37 PM
no matter how happy anyone is to see tauscher back, rodgers is happier, LOL!

Yooformula
10-13-2009, 06:17 PM
no matter how happy anyone is to see tauscher back, rodgers is happier, LOL!

agreed! I want to see Rodgers do well this year to silence his critics and the farve nuthuggers. sick of listening to people compare this new guy to a 15+ year veteran! If they dont do something to protect Rodgers, he wont have much of a career at the rate he's going unless he puts on like 60lbs.

Karps TA
10-13-2009, 06:49 PM
I admittingly will never like Rodgers. Hated him on draft day. Don't really like him now. I think he's regressing, and is worse with his decision making. Alot of sacks he's taken are his fault because he's looking too much downfield instead of taking what the defense is giving him. It's like McCarthy has told him to never ever take a chance. And more then anything in interviews he comes off like a McCarthy and Thompson clone. He sounds just as boring and does nothing but recite the company line, just like they taught him.

I'll say this though, when he got drafted Thompson ignored the offensive line that year. Favre got killed that year. Many thought it would be the end of his starting streak. I understood it though, because Thompson wanted to move past the Favre years. He wanted to make the team his, not what was left him. Not a problem with that at all. However you'd think you'd want to then protect your prized QB that you drafted. To give him the best protection you can. But it's just an after thought with the guy. How do you pay so much for a QB and then search the bargain racks for his protection?

Maybe when Rodgers becomes a winner somewhere other then Fantasy Football I might change my mind. There's no doubt he has the physical skills to throw a ball. But so did Jeff George and a whole shitload of QB's like him. It takes more then that to be a winner.

Reverend Cooper
10-13-2009, 06:57 PM
agreed! I want to see Rodgers do well this year to silence his critics and the farve nuthuggers. sick of listening to people compare this new guy to a 15+ year veteran! If they dont do something to protect Rodgers, he wont have much of a career at the rate he's going unless he puts on like 60lbs.
there is no comparison Favre is better.

Karps TA
10-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Hey what do you know an article in the Journal today proving my point on Rodger's holding the ball too long

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/64331777.html

Yooformula
10-15-2009, 11:59 AM
thats his style though. Big Ben holds on too long also and admits it but makes the huge plays because of his patience. True he can take big hits and is big enough to elude some more but the O-line has to do their job regardless. You cant blame the qb all the time because he wont rush the throw everytime.

Car Guy
10-15-2009, 12:11 PM
thats his style though. You cant blame the qb all the time because he wont rush the throw everytime.

True but if there's no play then he needs to aim for the stands and eat the down because taking repeated hits like he has will end his career VERY soon.....

Yooformula
10-15-2009, 12:17 PM
True but then he needs to aim for the stands because taking repeated hits like has will end his career VERY soon.....

agreed.

Smokey1226
10-15-2009, 12:38 PM
so wait a minute, you guys are trying to compare numbers favre put up when he has hands down one of the best off line's in football for a LONGGG TIME. Versus, a line now that is full of guys who dont know wtf is going on.

Secondly, holding on to the ball to long. Thats a double edge sword. If he didnt take the chance to hold on for the extra second or 2, you guys would be on here b1tching he doesnt even try. He just throws the ball away.

Lastly, he's been on the move all year long. Why don't you check Brady's numbers or anyone else that you think are great QB's when they are constantly on the Move. I think he is doing a damn good job for having to scramble 90% of his passing plays. Put a big OL in front of him, and i will bet money he puts up huge numbers.

Last year i think he was rated the #6 Qb in the league? not to shabby.....for 1 year's work

Anakonda69
10-15-2009, 12:57 PM
so wait a minute, you guys are trying to compare numbers favre put up when he has hands down one of the best off line's in football for a LONGGG TIME. Versus, a line now that is full of guys who dont know wtf is going on.

Secondly, holding on to the ball to long. Thats a double edge sword. If he didnt take the chance to hold on for the extra second or 2, you guys would be on here b1tching he doesnt even try. He just throws the ball away.

Lastly, he's been on the move all year long. Why don't you check Brady's numbers or anyone else that you think are great QB's when they are constantly on the Move. I think he is doing a damn good job for having to scramble 90% of his passing plays. Put a big OL in front of him, and i will bet money he puts up huge numbers.

Last year i think he was rated the #6 Qb in the league? not to shabby.....for 1 year's work

swing on those nuts. lmao

Karps TA
10-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Favre did not always have great lines. Most of the crazy plays he would make were because of his improvisation due to the line breaking down. He got rid of the football quickly which helped make the line look better then it was. That article clearly shows that Rodgers is not following the gameplan of quick throws.

#6 QB in stats and the team finished 6-10. Not too shabby at all. If only stats won games.

Every single QB besides Jamarcus Russell can throw if given time.

If Rodgers is on the IR it doesn't help the team at all. Check downs are not evil. Throwing the ball away is not evil. Sure it hurts his precious stats, but it doesn't hurt the team.

It's not really about Favre vs. Rodgers. For the Packers right now Rodgers is the best choice of the 2 because they are quite a ways away from being a real contender anyways. Favre had too many of his years wasted with shitty teams the way it was.

Anakonda69
10-15-2009, 01:18 PM
even with the chances favre took we still won games. i am not a rodgers hater but i am not quite a believer yet. when he closes a few games and wins a few i will become a fan. if he keeps taking shots from jared allen and every other de in the league he won't have a long enough career for there to ever be any favre/rodgers debate. back to the thread ted thompson sucks ass.

TraceDaddy
10-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Favre did not always have great lines. Most of the crazy plays he would make were because of his improvisation due to the line breaking down. He got rid of the football quickly which helped make the line look better then it was.

This is spot on. Favre won in spite of some teams that didn't have much talent at times. In the span of the 16 years he played for us, do you see any other hall of famers? (Besides Reggie White who had an impressive resume' before he came to us.) Do you even see perennial Pro-Bowlers? (Mmmm. Maybe Leroy Butler. On offense?). And when exactly did the Packers have a Pro-Bowler O-Lineman??? And when did any receiver who left the team ever had any kind of success nearing what they had in GB? And which RB that left made an impact with their new team? His success spanned 3 GM's and 4 Head Coaches, and 2,146 QB coaches.

That doesn't sound like a fluke.

NFL success isn't soley reliant on physical aptitude. Ask Ryan Leaf. Or Vince Young. Or Jemarcus Russell. Or Jeff George. Or...

Brett is a winner. Without any other stat, good or bad. He wins games.

Karps TA
10-20-2009, 08:07 AM
So Thompson brings in Ahmen Green and Dominic Rhodes for a workout. That'll fix things. Nothing fixes a terrible OL more then a washed up, old, often injured RB. Why not see if Ken Reuttgers or Earl Dotson is available still? Maybe Eddie Lee Ivery can tote the rock for them.

When Thompson goes shopping does he only visit the clearance rack at the Dollar Store?

Nix
10-20-2009, 10:40 AM
I heard about this last night. I would assume its to help start a fire under Grants ass. He sucks and is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over paid, obviously. He has his best run this past weekend of the season aginst the Lions, a whole whopping 22 yards was it?

As far as Im concerned Grant is showing up behind the clubhouse bi weekly to collect his pay check wearing a mask and brandishing a fucking gun. RAPE!!!!!!!1 :wow :rolf

Karps TA
10-20-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm not sure how maybe signing a guy who hasn't been a decent back in 4 years lights a fire? You'd think perhaps 1 of his draft picks over the last couple years would maybe be able to play?

That_Guy
10-20-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm not sure how maybe signing a guy who hasn't been a decent back in 4 years lights a fire? You'd think perhaps 1 of his draft picks over the last couple years would maybe be able to play?

why they got rid of samkon gado is beyond me :rolleyes:

9 tds in 2 years

http://www.packers.com/history/all_time_roster/player/gado_samkon_2005,2006/

grant scored 1 td in 4 years of being in the nfl..

Karps TA
10-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Samkon Gado?

I think he's still in the league somehow. St. Louis I think.

Nix
10-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Samkon Gado?

I think he's still in the league somehow. St. Louis I think.

As a matter of fact he is sir. I saw him for a few runs the other week and he seriously didn't look half bad at all. I can tell you this much, he looked better than Grant has been looking this season and Gado is just a backup.

Grant ='s Garbage...

I hope he proves me wrong, eventually, hopefully sooner than later. :rolleyes:

Karps TA
10-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Gado is not a NFL starting RB.

I'm no fan of Grant, but perhaps, just maybe the line that can't pass protect can't run block either? I don't think Walter Peyton could rush for a 100 yards behind Baby Swiss.

Deggy
10-20-2009, 01:04 PM
I saw a Packers license plate I enjoyed, it was BYBYTT.....which in my mind meant, Bye Bye Ted Thompson. lol

97z2801ss
10-20-2009, 01:17 PM
So Thompson brings in Ahmen Green and Dominic Rhodes for a workout. That'll fix things. Nothing fixes a terrible OL more then a washed up, old, often injured RB. Why not see if Ken Reuttgers or Earl Dotson is available still? Maybe Eddie Lee Ivery can tote the rock for them.

When Thompson goes shopping does he only visit the clearance rack at the Dollar Store?

Earl Dotson you serious, I just spit mt dew all over the screen :thumbsup:rolf:rolf

Bretts the shit no matter what

Nix
10-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Gado is not a NFL starting RB.

I agree with you 100% sir, he is not and he never will be. He is a backup. :thumbsup

That_Guy
10-20-2009, 03:12 PM
I agree with you 100% sir, he is not and he never will be. He is a backup. :thumbsup

going off stats he is clearly better then grant

Karps TA
10-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Grant is not a starting RB in the NFL either. I mean he is by default, and by paycheck. But by actual ability, he's not.

PB86MCSS
10-20-2009, 05:35 PM
He sounds just as boring and does nothing but recite the company line, just like they taught him.

Remember, not everyone is Favre.....most QB's and players recite the company line.

I'm not a fan of Thompson but rather his way versus a team like the Redskins who overpays for free agents without a solid plan of what they are doing. A few other clueless teams out there, it could be worse. I wish he had more Wolf in him, being agressive when there is a hole to fill it.

Favre had most of his success with Holmgren and had a very good cast around him most years in Green Bay. The Super Bowl teams were very deep and talented, hence they won. He had a few very mediocre years after Holmgren left and the talent dwindled , lets not forget. He felt he needed to force every throw and it seemed he did. He had a renaissance year in 2007 no doubt and can still play, I won't argue that. But he wasn't a one man team nor is he now with the Vikings.

Can't wait for November 1st.

Karps TA
10-20-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm not a fan of Thompson but rather his way versus a team like the Redskins who overpays for free agents without a solid plan of what they are doing. A few other clueless teams out there, it could be worse. I wish he had more Wolf in him, being agressive when there is a hole to fill it.

In the end what's the difference? Neither is building a Super Bowl team. Thompson hasn't fixed anything since he's been here. OL has been bad since TT first day he's been here. He's not been able to find a real RB. They've never replaced Sharper in the secondary. LB's are slightly better. WR's are the strength of the team, but that's probably the easiest position to fill. Only FA that he's signed that has done anything is Woodson. But him and Harris are old now, and the clock is ticking. Harris especially looks slow at times.

Meanwhile his tops draft pics have included suchs busts as Justin Harrel, Brohm, Hawk, Colledge, Terrance Murphy. Raji hasn't shown much so far.

Karps TA
10-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Guess it's not even a joke anymore. Sportsradio is saying they signed him. Unbelievable.....

Nix
10-21-2009, 06:59 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhbYVxVMX9_OZ9FTJsItbQD.uLYF?slug=ap-packers-green&prov=ap&type=lgns

Karps TA
10-21-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm not sure how this is even possible. Green skipped all the offseason OTA, meetings and workouts. I thought the Packers didn't want that type of player on the team? Or does that rule just exist for HOF face of the franchise QB's?

Secondly, I immediately went to my Yahoo Fantasy Football league and couldn't even find Green as an option. And they have like 200 RB's shown. So did Thompson visit and old league and check Best Available RB, but in the drop down box accidently hit 2002?

Or is it possible that when Thompson heard that the league was using Throwbacks this year, he thought they meant players, not jerseys? Or perhaps the player was cheaper then the jerseys?

Nix
10-21-2009, 07:25 PM
I don't understand it either. But "The Fumbler" has returned to Green Bay. Or if you prefer, "China Doll".... :chair:

That_Guy
10-21-2009, 07:51 PM
I don't understand it either. But "The Fumbler" has returned to Green Bay. Or if you prefer, "China Doll".... :chair:

i know... fml..

Smokey1226
10-21-2009, 09:37 PM
as if he isnt any better than Grant? i was a Grants biggest fan when they started working him in on Practice. Loved his attitude. Now....he gets touched and he falls.

Ahman will hopefully be the spark to get him working hard again, and hitting the holes hard again. Knowing if he doesnt....he's going to lose his job. ORRR Ahman could be back to the old ways and start playing like he once did. How do any of you know? exaclty....

Karps TA
10-22-2009, 07:43 AM
Well show me the last time a 32 year old RB who's spent the last 4 years battling knee injuries has come onto a team at the mid season point and made a difference? He'll be a 3rd down back at best. He was on his last legs when they got rid of him, and proved it when he went to Houston and did nothing but get hurt all the time. He made a shit load of money to sit on the bench and didn't even break 300 yards a season with them.

Green's problem is how he played the game. He was like Peterson where he would seek out contact and want to punish defenders. Yeah sure that's great for fan's and people love the toughness, but it's a real quick way of being out of the league quickly too. There's a long list of guys like him who end up hitting a wall because the body can only take so many hits.

TraceDaddy
10-22-2009, 08:32 AM
because the body can only take so many hits.

Not true! Witness Cheech Marin.

Ba dum bum.

:)

PB86MCSS
10-30-2009, 12:52 PM
In the end what's the difference? Neither is building a Super Bowl team.

Alot of teams who have made the Super Bowl people didn't think were building a Super Bowl team either. Cardinals last year, Giants the year before, etc. How many teams are legit Super Bowl contenders out there? Half the league can make it any given year but only a few are legitimate top of the line teams who you know will be there. It takes time to build to get to that level.

07ROUSHSTG3
10-30-2009, 01:00 PM
who do the packers play this weekend?? haven't heard much about them this week?!?!

Karps TA
02-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Arise old thread

Here's another reason.

According to JSonline the Packers are considering putting the franchise tag on Pickett.

This after spending a high 1st round pick on BJ Raji. A draft pick I didn't understand to begin with cause Pickett was just traded for like 2 years prior, and has been playing great. He's only 30 which for a DL is still young. Those guys play well into their late 30s.

So they'll have a ton of money invested in the tackle position when they play a 3-4 and only 1 is ever on the field?

And then they mention maybe using Raji at end since Jolly might be in jail? Raji is way too short to play End. If they said Kampann couldn't play end because of size, Raji definetly can't.

This is the kind of stuff that as a football fan baffles me.