PDA

View Full Version : anyone going tonight 4-27?

jbiscuit
04-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Its decent out so I thought it might be fun to go check out whos running....anyone else going?

CruxGNZ
04-27-2004, 03:15 PM
I was going to head down there, but I just checked the radar and it looks like we might get some rain. If the weather holds out, I'll be there. I want to race my truck for shits and giggles :D I haven't been on the track yet this year. Kind of getting the itch to do so.

!M!

wrxfan
04-27-2004, 06:00 PM
I'm going on Wed. 4-28 if weather is good.

CruxGNZ
04-27-2004, 11:18 PM
I just got back from GLD and the rain did hold off, but they closed almost an hour early! Took my '02 S-10 Crew Cab down the 1320' for the hell of it and ran a 16.7 at a blistering 79mph. Not to shabby for a 4000 lb. truck though. Plus I had about 150 lbs. of tools in the back seat.

On my third run, nobody was around, I was the only person on the staging lanes, nobody was running down the track, it was dead. Just before I get to the end of the staging lanes, I switch from lane 4 to lane 3, so I'm a bit closer to the left side of the track. This asshole kid comes struting over all high on himself and says, "Go around again and do it right." I said, "For fucks sake... nobody is here, why, what's the point?" He said I have to learn how to do it right, with a big ass attitude. :wtf The dipshit saw me run the last couple of times. Maybe he's a little slow, possibly retarded? He is dealing with adults, treat them as such, not like a fricken 5 year old.

I have run many times at GLD in many different vehicles and I have always been treated with respect by the people there, even when it was my first time running quite a few years ago. This jerk could have said something to the effect of "Please do not do that again" This guy was just an ass folks. I saw him leave GLD, seems like kind of a hick. He drives a two tone blue, lifted, full size Dodge with a rather loud abnoctious exaust. Do not treat this guy with any respect.

!M!