PDA

View Full Version : Miller Lite Aluminum bottles

Karps TA
10-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Anybody see these in stores yet? Are they even available in SE WI? I've been looking for them and can't seem to find them. I like that they keep the beer colder longer. I will drink Bud Light specifically for them if they are available wherever I'm at.

xxtremeteam
10-08-2009, 07:03 PM
we have them out in ozaukee county at most gas stations or beer run locations, I really like them

sold in goofy numbers like 9 packs also

SLOWC5
10-08-2009, 08:25 PM
There in waukesha, hartland, almost everywhere I've looked. I think they taste different

RanJer
10-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Anybody see these in stores yet? Are they even available in SE WI? I've been looking for them and can't seem to find them. I like that they keep the beer colder longer. I will drink Bud Light specifically for them if they are available wherever I'm at.

If it takes you that long to drink a can of beer, that it gets warm... You have a different issue than not being able to find the aluminum bottles... just my $.02

Plum Crazy
10-08-2009, 08:54 PM
when i was working on the beer truck back in may(when i was laid off) we had them. They are are most gas stations in Racine/Kenosha Co.

Karps TA
10-08-2009, 09:01 PM
If it takes you that long to drink a can of beer, that it gets warm... You have a different issue than not being able to find the aluminum bottles... just my $.02

Trust me I drink plenty fast. However glass bottle just make beer warmer quicker, but I like bottle beer better then can. Plus as someone else noted it seems to make the beer taste different.

BoosTT
10-08-2009, 09:02 PM
I tried them a while back... just ok. I bought them from Sentry in Delafield. Same place also has the 8oz cans for wimps.

RanJer
10-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Trust me I drink plenty fast. However glass bottle just make beer warmer quicker, but I like bottle beer better then can. Plus as someone else noted it seems to make the beer taste different.

Fair enough. I'm in no position to tell people how to drink their beer. It's Lite to begin with therefore I lack interest. Back to my whiskey. :thumbsup

Oh, and while I didn't see them at P&S in Stallis.. They had them a the liquor store on 84th.. You're in Muskego.. They still have that liquor store off Janesville across from Burger King? Bet they'd have em..

Plum Crazy
10-08-2009, 09:20 PM
I tried them a while back... just ok. I bought them from Sentry in Delafield. Same place also has the 8oz cans for wimps.

Its funny you meantion those, i was stocking some of those at a gas station and some lady asked me what those cute cans were all about. I told her we hand them out for Trick or Treat around here. She was flabergasted. "Really?" she said. "oh yeah, we get them started early around here."

here is the truck i drove
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z28/alexkosterman/shoes100.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z28/alexkosterman/shoes096.jpg

PureSound15
10-08-2009, 09:39 PM
I think that the Aluminium bottles taste COMPLETELY different. MUCH better for a light beer, to me.

SSDude
10-08-2009, 10:36 PM

Seems that the aluminum stays colder longer theory is all wet. (http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~db=all~content=a791665935)

Abstract
Aluminum beer bottles recently have been introduced as an alternative to traditional glass bottles or aluminum cans. Advertisements claim that the new aluminum bottles keep beer “colder longer” than glass bottles. Because the thermal conductivity of aluminum is over 150 times that of typical soda-lime glass, and because the bottle wall is thinner, this claim appears counterintuitive. In this investigation, the thermal performance of commercially available aluminum and glass beer bottles was examined using experimental, analytical, and computational methods. It was found that when exposed to ambient air, glass and aluminum bottles perform in a nearly identical manner with respect to keeping their contents cold. Each bottle showed an approximately 15°C temperature rise over a 2.7-hour period. Heat transfer is controlled by natural convection and thermal radiation at the outer bottle surface; hence, the difference in thermal conductivity between the bottles has no significant impact on the temperature transient. Computational simulations also predict that when an aluminum bottle is immersed in an ice-water bath, the liquid cools more quickly than in glass due to the lower thermal resistance of the aluminum versus the glass; when held in the hand, the glass bottle allows the liquid to warm more slowly than the aluminum bottle.

drewbird91
10-09-2009, 06:09 AM
I think the Pick n Save in New Berlin might still have them.

xxsn0blindxx
10-09-2009, 07:42 AM
It doesn't matter if it comes in a can, glass bottle, plastic bottle or aluminum bottle. A fancy container can't make a bad beer better. I have yet to see a craft brewer put their beer in an aluminum bottle.

Exitspeed
10-09-2009, 09:46 AM
I was buying them months back. But since they are bigger and I was drinking them just as fast as a regular can I was getting drunk too quick. Normally that's not a problem but I used to have a beer or two every other night (I've cut down to just weekends) or so it wasn't working out. lol. I went back to regular cans.

SSLEVO
10-09-2009, 10:48 AM
I was going to say coming from an engineering standpoint, the aluminum will transfer heat better than glass will. Meaning the glass bottle will keep the beer cooler.

Karps TA
10-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Yeah well my beer hand is as finely tuned as my butt dyno. And it says it keeps the beer colder longer :D

07ROUSHSTG3
10-09-2009, 11:05 AM
i find that i drink faster out of the aluminum bottle?!?! doesn't have that can taste to it and seems to flow better than a standard can?!?!? so in theory, if i drink them faster, i am drinking colder beer.

most of the time i drink coors light, and that stuff goes down very fast also with that vented lid! i am so happy that it is friday!

Car Guy
10-09-2009, 11:13 AM
"It's all marketing" is what a high ranking friend at Miller told me......:)

Karps TA
10-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Of course it's marketing. but I'm a sucker for marketing. It's why I buy shitty watered down shots from shot girls, or why I own an Eager Beaver chain saw.

I bought cans of Coors Light just to watch the cans change color.

lordairgtar
10-09-2009, 04:46 PM
You're in Muskego.. They still have that liquor store off Janesville across from Burger King? Bet they'd have em..
When's the last time you've been to Muskego. They tore down the crack house....er....I mean the Burger King over two years ago.

Old Dog
10-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Here's a quote from a Miller sales ad:

"Miller plastic bottles appeal to adult consumers for multiple reasons, Mikulay said. The primary benefits include that the bottle keeps beer cold longer than aluminum cans and as long as glass bottles; it is one-seventh the weight of comparably sized glass bottles; it is resealable; it is unbreakable; and it can be recycled with other PET containers".

07ROUSHSTG3
10-09-2009, 08:30 PM
^^^
so it keeps beer colder than regular cans. that makes sense.

A B4C Z
10-09-2009, 09:13 PM
They taste differnt. They have had them all summer long everywhere. Even had them at some bars.