PDA

View Full Version : Fluids......

A B4C Z
04-26-2004, 07:22 PM
Im doing some stuff to the camaro. Just curious as to what you have all found to be the better of the fluids used:

1.Tans Fluid For T-56
2.Rear End Fluild
3.Clutch Fluid

Let me know what you all find to be the best for you.

Kyle

BAD LS1
04-27-2004, 03:31 PM
DO NOT use anything other than conventional DexronIII ATF in the T56!!!!

If you use something else or synthetics you WILL have big time issues!! I reccomend the cheapest DexronIII you can get!! I use farm rated brand from fleet farm :thumbsup

I use DOT4 alcohol based brake fluid for my clutch hydraulics, DO NOT use DOT5 or ANY petroleum based fluid.

jbiscuit
04-27-2004, 04:35 PM
Redline Water Wetter is a great additive as well for the radiator....keeps ultra cool consistent temps and prevents corrosion.....I have run it in all of my cars that I have owned

A B4C Z
04-27-2004, 06:21 PM
ok cool thanks for the tips i talked to a few other people so ill be going to the store tonight! As far as redline water wetter i never used it but i heard it causes leaks. Have you had any problems with it.

Kyle

Syclone0044
04-27-2004, 06:23 PM
I have run Redline water wetter in my Turbo Grand Prix's radiator, my Syclone's radiator, and my Syclone's air to water factory intercooler. I have noted no difference in any of the 3 first hand experiences I've had and I recorded no evidence to suggest the product did anything besides lighten my wallet. It did turn my green coolant a murky orange/pink color and create some annoying foam at first though.

My conclusion is this product is about as valuable as the TPI Throttle Body Air Foil... it is cheap, easy to install, sounds good in theory, but no hard evidence to prove it really does anything.

Milw96Cobra
04-27-2004, 06:34 PM
In my T-45 (Which has the same recomended fluid as your t-56's) :

Redline D4 ATF.... great stuff people... my tranny shifts smooth and effortlessly.

In my rear end :

Redline Shockproof Lightweight Gear Oil - might be a little thick, but it smells much better than gear oil, and works better too.

Engine Oil :

This time around I put in some Amsoil 5w-30... after reading through some tests and reports... Cant really say if it's better or not just yet.

Clutch Fluid :

Duhhh... what's that!? :shades Although, you know, I do use that Xenon Headlight Fluid... that's some good stuff! :alcoholic

BAD LS1
04-27-2004, 10:45 PM
The reason you DONT use synthetics in the T56 is that it fubars the friction coefficent of the snchros which leads to slipping synchros, harder shifting and ultimatley other damage due to griding sliders and blocker rings...