PDA

View Full Version : Jetski/PWC gurus opinions wanted: Honda Aquatrax R12x Turbo

Goat Roper
10-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Have an opportunity to pick one of these up for the cheap since we are going into the offseason...but I will be the first to admit that beyond knowing that they are fun as hell (jetskis) I do not know a bad, from a good from a great model.

42 hours of use. Showroom straight. Balance of factory warranty until 2011. Price is $5000 with a brand new trailer included. Deal or no deal?

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t44/willieguapo/AquaTrax_R-12.jpg

70 cutlass 442
10-07-2009, 02:37 AM
well, Honda would be my next pick over Sea-doos, Sea doos pretty much revolutionized the industry.... But if the price is right then go for it..... But IMO, PWC get old after the first 20 mins.

domokun
10-07-2009, 07:00 AM
no deal.

you can pick up a 2006-2008 Sea-Doo RXP for that ( thats what I have ) 215hp supercharged, intercooled, with closed loop cooling

I have a impeller, supercharger casing, exhaust, injectors, and computer. I can hit 79mph on clear water :)

Goat Roper
10-07-2009, 07:08 AM
But IMO, PWC get old after the first 20 mins.

This is something the kids have been begging for. They can spend hours being towed in a tube and dad gets something fast to play with.

xxtremeteam
10-07-2009, 07:59 AM
been out of the jetski world for a few years but that seems like a deal for low use and a warranty and trailer if its fits your budget I am sure youll love it

Goat Roper
10-07-2009, 10:38 AM
you can pick up a 2006-2008 Sea-Doo RXP for that ( thats what I have ) 215hp supercharged, intercooled, with closed loop cooling

I have a impeller, supercharger casing, exhaust, injectors, and computer. I can hit 79mph on clear water :)

With a new trailer though to?

This machine has a Macsboost system on it already but you can get all sorts of nuts with it and run 19psi with a special intercooler and the things are nuts.

70 cutlass 442
10-07-2009, 02:29 PM
This is something the kids have been begging for. They can spend hours being towed in a tube and dad gets something fast to play with.

In that case, if the price is right, scoop it up! just sucks knowing you cant use it anymore this year.

LIL EVO
10-07-2009, 05:00 PM
First things first, it's not a jetski, it's a waverunner :-P

You stand up on jetskis, sit down on waverunners (couches)

Upsides: Honda, turbo, well built, fast, stable
Downsides: You can only do so much. Go fast, turn lock to lock, spin out, get halfway underwater, repeat. The only air you will be getting is out on lake michigan on the big swells.

I believe it seats three so you can pull people around on it (legally). You need a second person spotting.

Any other questions let me know. I used to ride waverunners, but am now 100% a stand up guy.

domokun
10-07-2009, 05:37 PM
With a new trailer though to?

This machine has a Macsboost system on it already but you can get all sorts of nuts with it and run 19psi with a special intercooler and the things are nuts.

yes with a trailer. a trailer is a trailer esp for a "waverunner" new tehy are 800, you can pick them up for about 500 used.

Ive never been a fan of honda's or polaris "waverunners" cause of the handling and power output.

I have 113hrs on mine, about 75 of those are modded with no issues. also it has a learning key ( good for kids ) ( its a small perk )

EDIT: I just looked up the macsboost stuff. they are hitting 72mph on a F-15x with a Stage II kit. I was hit 71mph Stock :-/ just a heads up

Goat Roper
10-07-2009, 07:19 PM
First things first, it's not a jetski, it's a waverunner :-P

Duly noted. Me = noob

1320PNY
10-07-2009, 07:47 PM
TECHNICALLY "WaveRunner" is a TM owned by Yamaha. What you are discussing is PWC (Personal Water Craft).

OK, what I know is that used machines usually cost as much in repairs as a new one. Seeing that this is basically new and has a warranty, seems like a deal. I like the Sea-Doo units and the Yamaha units. I rode one last month that hit 65 MPH and it felt extremely fast. I can't imaging a machine that goes near 80 on water, but I'll try anything once!

Ricky Bobby
10-07-2009, 08:32 PM
i had a kawasaki(sp) 12x or something like that three seater bone stock speedo said 70 on a na motor, looked like a old honda 4cyl stuffed in there :rolf and i agree i sold mine after 2yrs of having it can only go in circles so many times and fly off a tube so many times. On a side note whoever is on the tube behing the pwc make sure they have good health insurance my wife pulled me around she was doing 30 and they turn on a dime u on the tube do about a 100 at least if feels like it :rolf

Goat Roper
10-07-2009, 08:33 PM
yes with a trailer. a trailer is a trailer esp for a "waverunner" new tehy are 800, you can pick them up for about 500 used.

Ive never been a fan of honda's or polaris "waverunners" cause of the handling and power output.

I have 113hrs on mine, about 75 of those are modded with no issues. also it has a learning key ( good for kids ) ( its a small perk )

EDIT: I just looked up the macsboost stuff. they are hitting 72mph on a F-15x with a Stage II kit. I was hit 71mph Stock :-/ just a heads up

Did you do the ceramic washer replacement on your rig? I was reading up on them and all that I really could read about was how the ceramic washers blow out and the superchargers dying after short amounts of time. Agreed, fast as hell but after reading the mechanical horror stories on pwctoday.com my interest level dropped in the sea-doos.

domokun
10-07-2009, 10:30 PM
yea, sea-doo did a recall on mine. I had about 20ish hours in mine when they were replaced. thing about it....the people online are the ones you hear it from. THOUSANDS of RXPs and RXTs were sold. I heard from the sea-doo rep that only about 4-6% failed. that is high yes, but not horrible. Hondas had blowby, yamahas shafts snapped. all sorts of shit is out there for each PWC.

just goto Riva, get some 100 dollar metal clutch washers and you are good to go beat the shit out of it.

Mine has YET to let me down, and I beat the living crap out of it. WOT all the time, wave jumping on lake michigan ( not the best jumper, since its tail heavy )