PDA

View Full Version : why do i have to log in EVERY time?

0TransAm0
10-03-2009, 07:52 PM
just as the title says... why do i have to log in every time i come to the site? well actually only after my lady uses the computer i always have to re-log in to bcm. i even click the little "remember me" box...
what gives?

Holeshot
10-03-2009, 07:56 PM
She must be clearing cookies and other data she doesn't want you to see.

nismodave
10-03-2009, 07:57 PM

X2 :wow

Nix
10-03-2009, 07:58 PM

Eaxctly, she is clearing the cookies/data from the previous browsing session. You can go in to your "tools" and click on previous browsing session and if its wiped clean there ya go. :thumbsup

michelle
10-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Or they automatically clear when you close the browser. Always quick to assume the worst..

Holeshot
10-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Or they automatically clear when you close the browser. Always quick to assume the worst..

I wasn't implying anything. :)

HY35F2T
10-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Lol thread makes me laugh with ppls replys.

Nix
10-03-2009, 08:33 PM

Me persoanly I always clear mine. Just cuase' I don' want to clutter up mt PC. I was implying thats is what she may be doing.

A woman scorned.. :goof

Yooformula
10-03-2009, 08:39 PM
you can go under options in your browser and adjust it to just clear browsing history without clearing out cookies and passwords.

Yooformula
10-03-2009, 08:41 PM

he said it only happens when SHE uses his pc therefore SHE must be clearing out the history.

0TransAm0
10-03-2009, 08:55 PM
well it is HER pc.. its her laptop.... im wondering if she is looking at what im doing then clearing it and after i use it looking again and clearing it.. and so on...

i guess she really doesn't trust me... the 6k ring on her finger and a house isn't enough...

michelle
10-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Does she check her bank account stuff online? That's reason enough to delete whatever you can. I like to do it, even on my own laptop. Bad enough if it ever gets stolen, let alone someone having access to my banking information too.

Holeshot
10-03-2009, 09:01 PM
I clear my data every time I log off, even on my own laptop. Its just automatic for me. Don't be paranoid.

0TransAm0
10-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Does she check her bank account stuff online? That's reason enough to delete whatever you can. I like to do it, even on my own laptop. Bad enough if it ever gets stolen, let alone someone having access to my banking information too.

yes and she pays all the bills online....

im not paranoid just trying to figure out why...

michelle
10-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Now I know this sounds weird, but you could ask her. All you are going to get is speculation as this thread continues.

Holeshot
10-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Like Michelle posted. I also do most of my banking / bill pay online so clearing data cookies is a first line of defense if the laptop is stolen.

0TransAm0
10-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Now I know this sounds weird, but you could ask her. All you are going to get is speculation as this thread continues.

yeah it would probably start a fight. i had to re log in every time b4 and then for a long time i didn't and now i have to again... i don't know if its something im doing or if its something she is doing on the pc..or if its the site itself.
she is preggers so every time i question anything i get the third degree and she gets very emotional.. i just don't want to deal with it if i don't have to.

Holeshot
10-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Raging Hormones = Shes always right and your always wrong. :rolf

Yooformula
10-03-2009, 10:14 PM
asking shouldnt start a fight....if you both arent totally honest with anything/everything whats the point, no? that is why you are married now...kinda part of the equation imo.

Doc Brown
10-03-2009, 11:08 PM
yeah it would probably start a fight. i had to re log in every time b4 and then for a long time i didn't and now i have to again... i don't know if its something im doing or if its something she is doing on the pc..or if its the site itself.
she is preggers so every time i question anything i get the third degree and she gets very emotional.. i just don't want to deal with it if i don't have to.
You could ask her about it all innocent-like - "hon, i think something is wrong with the computer. Every time I use the internet for my Milwaukee car forum I keep having to reenter the password, even though I clicked the box for it to remember the password. What do you think might be causing it?"

I have the same issue; she is constantly cleaning out all the old stuff to help keep our old PC running as smooth as possible. The downside is that I constantly have to reenter all of my passwords, which is harmless, but annoying.

lordairgtar
10-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Marriage = Shes always right and your always wrong. :rolf
fixed

michelle
10-04-2009, 06:28 AM
Glad you guys are aware of how things are. (: