PDA

View Full Version : website chats

CPonyGo
10-02-2009, 02:23 PM
As most know I have CponyGo.com...well I also own a couple other .coms one of which is dedicated to Mafia wars..yeah I know but hell its busy as hell..lol

Anyway I have Lunarpages as a host. love em..very decent to deal with. On my Mafia site I installed Ajax Chat, a real time chat. It was not very friendly with my stats on a "shared" server setting...CPU usage was more than acceptable claiming degradation of services for the others on my server.. Shared servers aside, a dedicated server from Lunarpages is around 1400 a year and I am at best a simple hobbyist at this. My sites are non income producing to offset this investment...

I am looking around at offsite linkable chats out there similar to the Ajax style of real time and ability to insert links etc.

Some off site chats charge which isn't a concern as they are fairly reasonable. But was wondering what some other site owners use/have used or had experience with and could give some feed back...

The Facebook mafia I am affiliated with use it to drop tagged mafia members links and what not..It was extremely popular and I have almost 300 members actively using the site and at any given time 10 or 15 online chat...

thanks for your input.

Andy

wrath
10-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Buy a cheap Dell or HP year-old 1U server and colocate it.

Myles
10-03-2009, 12:27 AM
Andy, shoot me a PM. I think i can set you up with something.