PDA

View Full Version : The Day Finally Came!

Cutlass Queen
10-02-2009, 07:52 AM
The day has finally come when I have to part ways with the angry grape :( Been so reliable for so many years and I had it through highschool and college. Went through 2 motors in it and tons of small nickel dime stuff. Last night I got a call from the dealer after 4 days of going back and forth on prices. Scooped up an 04 Grand Am GT (the SC/T coupe) last night for 4K cash out the door. Love the car already and it drives like a Lexus to me! I still can't believe it's happened! Thanks Coop and Mark for all your help on the Carfax report!

Oh yah and first thing I'm getting done to it asap are tinted blacked out windows!

Waver
10-02-2009, 08:07 AM
congrats D!

Exitspeed
10-02-2009, 08:55 AM
You've never driven a Lexus have you?

Just messin. But seriously.

Anakonda69
10-02-2009, 11:54 AM
bout damn time. lol nice car needs new rims though. thanks for inviting me to great america. lol

Cutlass Queen
10-02-2009, 12:32 PM
bout damn time. lol nice car needs new rims though. thanks for inviting me to great america. lol

LOL sorry Brandon. Yah def. gonna get rims for the summer driving! The stock ones have marks on them so I'll keep them on for winter. Def will be fixing this car up for a nice DD!

BAD LS1
10-02-2009, 12:46 PM
oh jebus, you bought that thing huh? i just hope you fixed their asses on the selling price.

86GUTLASS
10-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Looks like you bought it at my work.Wilde Honda?

Anakonda69
10-02-2009, 02:17 PM
it's ok d. glad to see you got a new ride. now we can use your car to carpool to haunted houses. lol

Red97GTP
10-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Looks like you bought it at my work.Wilde Honda?

That's right down the street from me. I'm at Boucher Nissan.

Deggy
10-02-2009, 04:48 PM
n33dz moar 2 post mirrors, get rid of those mickey mouse ears.

Cutlass Queen
10-02-2009, 05:18 PM
I bought it at Wilde Honda for 4K out the door with no trade in :)

Neal Steffek
10-02-2009, 05:22 PM
when did Grand Ams come SC'd?

nismodave
10-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Nice upgrade!

Nix
10-02-2009, 06:17 PM
when did Grand Ams come SC'd?

I was gonna ask that. I didn't know they did? Whats the rating on them? Nice pick up!

theavenger333
10-02-2009, 10:36 PM
they aren't, it's the classification, i'm sure Deggy can confirm or fix this, but i think it's a Sport Coupe/Turd? lol

GRAMPS SS
10-02-2009, 11:26 PM
thought forsure you would be driving the MONTE CARLO SS

scaleracer
10-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Congrats Deana! Looks good! :thumbsup

Holeshot
10-03-2009, 11:10 AM
My wifes 02 has the hood only from that package.

Deggy
10-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Grand Am's were never released SC'd. The true SC/T was just a concept car. SC/T = Supercharged/Touring. The SC/T that D has in simply just for looks, basically the spoiler and hood. If you look hard you can find the superchargers off the concept Grand Am's but its a pretty penny. It's one of 2 bolt on superchargers for the 3400 motor.

D's car is basically a Grand am GT with the SC/T packaged minus the lip kit and supercharger because they were never really released.

This is what the supercharged 3400 looked like:
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z6/deggyfresh/227319_2_full.jpg

This is the true concept SC/T that came with a 5-speed manual. (Never Released)
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z6/deggyfresh/2000_Pontiac_GrandAmSCTConcept1_sma.jpg

And this is what the non-convertable's looked like, also never released, but you can buy the lip kit online just about anywhere.
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z6/deggyfresh/5452270026_large.jpg

I can only dream that my car would ever look as good as that red SC/T again.

theavenger333
10-03-2009, 04:34 PM
so yeah...... sport coupe/turd :)

Deggy
10-03-2009, 04:36 PM
so yeah...... sport coupe/turd :)

Well yeah, but it made me feel good that I am the "Grand Am Guru" of the site....not like that really means anything, but if you guys ever pick up a Grand Am 99+, I know them inside and out.

So D, wanna upgrade to some leather G6 front seats?:goof

lordairgtar
10-03-2009, 04:45 PM
I saw one with Iowa tags at the Advance Auto on 27th last night. It was red. Nice looking car no matter what is under the hood

Deggy
10-04-2009, 08:47 AM
I saw one with Iowa tags at the Advance Auto on 27th last night. It was red. Nice looking car no matter what is under the hood

They are nice cars, unless you pick up on that hasn't had the LIM replaced. That is the only major, some what expensive fix on these cars. D, if you have any problems with it, gimme a call. I'm sure I can answer just about anything about that car. :)

Cutlass Queen
10-05-2009, 12:57 PM
They are nice cars, unless you pick up on that hasn't had the LIM replaced. That is the only major, some what expensive fix on these cars. D, if you have any problems with it, gimme a call. I'm sure I can answer just about anything about that car. :)

LIM? Is that the gasket for the intake manifold that is common on these motors that you are talking about Deggy? The car has pretty nice pickup for a DD, that's all this car is intended for...hell compared to the quad 4 I had in my 95 grand am this thing flies haha. I mainly got it for the looks and comfort along with something newer that will tie me over since I drive from Grafton to Milwaukee to Germantown quite a bit for my job (a truck isn't practical for me since the gas mileage would kill me). So far I love the car...do they make any bolt on's that are worth spending money on for this car though Deggy?

Anakonda69
10-05-2009, 03:22 PM
gas mileage is practical if you buy a duramax. :)

Deggy
10-25-2009, 09:31 AM
LIM? Is that the gasket for the intake manifold that is common on these motors that you are talking about Deggy? The car has pretty nice pickup for a DD, that's all this car is intended for...hell compared to the quad 4 I had in my 95 grand am this thing flies haha. I mainly got it for the looks and comfort along with something newer that will tie me over since I drive from Grafton to Milwaukee to Germantown quite a bit for my job (a truck isn't practical for me since the gas mileage would kill me). So far I love the car...do they make any bolt on's that are worth spending money on for this car though Deggy?

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this, I never even saw the post.

Their are a few minor bolt ons. The car will breath a lot better with a nice exhaust and cold air intake. For the intake check out MPRacing.com and most 1999+ Grand Am guys will recommend doing a custom exhaust, most will recommend using a Flowmaster 80 series I think with 2.5 inch piping. I would recommend signing up for http://www.gaownersclub.com and http://www.grandamgt.com

A lot of the guys on there are Grand Am guru's and can help you a lot. Just be careful, gaownersclub.com isn't as considerate of free speech like we are here. I've been banned from it a few times. If you have any questions about your new Grand Am, just shoot me a PM.

And I can help you put a cold air intake in if you need my help, it's kind of a pain in the ass.