PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else sell any jewelry lately?

Yooformula
10-01-2009, 06:32 PM
HOLY CRAP do they pay well! I ended up going to Robert Hack on 76th/Layton because they were the only ones that didnt deduct money if your pieces had any diamonds stones/chips in them, they actually paid more them. Deb took a palm sized amount of gold chains, earrings, rings and some pendants all ranging from 10k-14k, very OLD and thin. I could have sworn it wasnt worth more than $50, I was so sure I bet her on it and the damm pile was $525!!!!! And they paid CASH! If you have old shit laying around that you wont ever use again, sell it and get some mod money!!:thumbsup

Car Guy
10-01-2009, 06:42 PM
I wanted to post up a thread asking where the best place to take old gold/jewelry was but the wifey sold ours before I had a chance to. The first place she went to was Robert Haack on 76th & Layton; she then went to the Jewelry Store right across Layton in the strip mall and was NOT impressed. She said the service and amount offered was so much better at Robert Haack she went right back and sold it. Personally I would have stopped at a few more places to get a better idea of what our crap could bring but it wasn't my mission. Thank you for posting this because at first I was skeptical (as I always am) of what it could have been worth somewhere else......

Holeshot
10-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Time to visit Grandma Nana

LOL J/K

Karps TA
10-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Time to visit Grandma Nana

LOL J/K

I agree, just have to remember which cemetary she's at

SSDude
10-01-2009, 07:03 PM
The key is knowing how much you have and what the current rate for gold is.
Handy site.. http://gold.yabz.com/jewelry.htm

Yooformula
10-01-2009, 07:26 PM
The guy there named Eric went over EVERYTHING about how the buying works and why most places wont buy any item with diamonds in it because of how little they are able to pay for used the diamonds due to how cheap they get them. They dont want customers to know how much of a mark up there is on them but the gold is a standard wide price. I was impressed with how much we got and how easy it was, the last few places we called and went to werent as cooperative.

Yooformula
10-01-2009, 07:34 PM
The key is knowing how much you have and what the current rate for gold is.
Handy site.. http://gold.yabz.com/jewelry.htm

very handy site indeed but you would also need to know your EXACT weight. those conversion rates are what I was told as well and seems in line with what he got.

SSDude
10-01-2009, 07:57 PM
very handy site indeed but you would also need to know your EXACT weight. those conversion rates are what I was told as well and seems in line with what he got.

Yeah not everyone has access to a precision scale. Always nice to know your getting a straight deal. Sounds like Haack is a good place to go.:thumbsup