PDA

View Full Version : Is tonight Kimbos night

94greenbandit
09-30-2009, 02:30 PM
What are your thoughts on how he will do against a real opponent

brotherbenn83
09-30-2009, 02:46 PM
KO 2 minutes into rd 2, winner Kimbo. That other guy "big cunt-tree" just seems sloppy and unfocused.

Car Guy
09-30-2009, 03:16 PM
As much as I'd like to see Kimbo bring something decent to the table and win I still see him loosing tonight, exactly when/how I don't know or care because a loss is a loss. Roy Nelson may not appear like your typical seasoned/skilled MMA fighter but he IS for real, I wouldn't be surprised if he wins TUF altogether. Don't let the big belly fool you.....;)

Yooformula
09-30-2009, 04:12 PM
As much as I'd like to see Kimbo bring something decent to the table and win I still see him loosing tonight, exactly when/how I don't know or care because a loss is a loss. Roy Nelson may not appear like your typical seasoned/skilled MMA fighter but he IS for real, I wouldn't be surprised if he wins TUF altogether. Don't let the big belly fool you.....;)

pretty much what /\ said!

Irish
09-30-2009, 04:15 PM

Exitspeed
09-30-2009, 04:50 PM
I just plain don't like that Big Country guy at all. Even more then I don't like Kimbo. So I'm hoping Kimbo wins.

Even more then that I'm hoping the fight is good. The last two have just pissed me off.

Irish
09-30-2009, 04:55 PM

moels
09-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Big Country will put an asswhooping on Kimbo. My opinion.

Irish
09-30-2009, 07:54 PM

VroomPshhTsi
09-30-2009, 09:45 PM
it's on

VroomPshhTsi
09-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Kimbo's ground game FTL

MoCkiN U
09-30-2009, 09:51 PM
1st round is lamo. fat boy just laying on him

MoCkiN U
09-30-2009, 10:00 PM
sorry. lame ass fight

VroomPshhTsi
09-30-2009, 10:04 PM
so lame

Irish
09-30-2009, 10:26 PM

Yooformula
09-30-2009, 10:38 PM
sorry. lame ass fight

qft. notice how they hype up the worst fights? anotehr lame ass week of tuf.

T-Bag
09-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Hahahah, it was no joke when a lot of writers said this season of TUF is filled with a bunch of failures. All these guys suck.

That_Guy
09-30-2009, 10:51 PM
to make up for roys weak ass beat down on kimbo i shall post a better big roy fight.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1347787/roy_nelson_knocks_out_brad_imes_5_16_08/

93 Coupe
10-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Im calling Kimbo will step back in when that big sensitive guy's knee gives out.

Yooformula
10-01-2009, 12:33 AM
to make up for roys weak ass beat down on kimbo i shall post a better big roy fight.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1347787/roy_nelson_knocks_out_brad_imes_5_16_08/

I couldnt get the vid to load but Brad Imes? Really? That guy sucked last few times I saw him fight.

Car Guy
10-01-2009, 03:48 AM
That fight was painful to watch, and overall Nelson looked like shit.....:punch:

Karps TA
10-01-2009, 08:12 AM
How the hell can you be in that sad of shape and want to do that for a living? Guy looks worse with his shirt off then I do.

From what I've seen of this I have to give Kimbo some credit. He seems to really be trying to learn the sport. He's also got alot more personality then I'd have ever thought as well.

VroomPshhTsi
10-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Did anyone see last week when those two guys were sucking wind the whole fight? I'm not saying I wouldn't be huffing and puffing too, but there were several times in the fight where Wes Rivers and the other guy just stood in the ring, hands of hips, trying to catch their breaths. Insanely poor cardio training. It's obvious neither of those guys belong in the UFC.

94greenbandit
10-01-2009, 09:00 AM
How the hell can you be in that sad of shape and want to do that for a living? Guy looks worse with his shirt off then I do.

From what I've seen of this I have to give Kimbo some credit. He seems to really be trying to learn the sport. He's also got alot more personality then I'd have ever thought as well.

Is he really in that sad of shape. Rashad even said that don't let his appearance fool you because he is actually in pretty good shape.

Kimbo IMO is a very humble person. He just wants to fight and I think he might actually be good if he works on his ground defense better. It almost seemed that either he couldn't do anything or didn't know what to do when Roy was on top. It just shows inexperience

Exitspeed
10-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Big country freakin sucks. I don't care if he won. He lost IMO. Fat fuck just wants to lay on MF's. Gay.

Yooformula
10-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Kimbo must be a good damm actor or seriously misrepresented at times because he seems very normal and humble on screen. I find myself actually pulling for him over any other fighter regardless of his weak almost non existent ground game.

Irish
10-01-2009, 10:45 AM

Exitspeed
10-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Kimbo must be a good damm actor or seriously misrepresented at times because he seems very normal and humble on screen. I find myself actually pulling for him over any other fighter regardless of his weak almost non existent ground game.

Me too. I've turned into a fan. He seems like such a nice guy actually. I'd totally buy the dude a beer if I ever ran into him.

MoCkiN U
10-01-2009, 11:31 AM
what agravated me most is when they showed roy sitting around earlier in the show with the other guys and he was talking about pinning a guy down and "just keep punching.....just count em off. Even if they are just slaps (as he gently slaps himself) they will call it" and voila

thats exactly what he did

Exitspeed
10-01-2009, 11:54 AM
what agravated me most is when they showed roy sitting around earlier in the show with the other guys and he was talking about pinning a guy down and "just keep punching.....just count em off. Even if they are just slaps (as he gently slaps himself) they will call it" and voila

thats exactly what he did

That pissed me off. He wasn't even trying to punish Kimbo. He was just trying to eek out a win. Gay.

Troutman
10-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Did anyone see last week when those two guys were sucking wind the whole fight? I'm not saying I wouldn't be huffing and puffing too, but there were several times in the fight where Wes Rivers and the other guy just stood in the ring, hands of hips, trying to catch their breaths. Insanely poor cardio training. It's obvious neither of those guys belong in the UFC.

that fight was pathetic.. this whole season is garbage..a bunch of former football players with nothing left in their bank accounts.

94greenbandit
10-01-2009, 01:48 PM
That pissed me off. He wasn't even trying to punish Kimbo. He was just trying to eek out a win. Gay.

I think he was just trying to humiliate him, since those were ***** punches. No wonder in the first round that they let it go for alsmot 30 seconds

Exitspeed
10-01-2009, 02:28 PM
I think he was just trying to humiliate him, since those were ***** punches. No wonder in the first round that they let it go for alsmot 30 seconds

Yeah the ref did the right thing not stopping it in the first. Sure he was landing un-answered punches, but there weren't doing any damage. Kimbo could have sat there at took those all day. Hell, I could have sat there and took those all day. I hate that that fat fuck used a technicality to win a fight.

Lash
10-01-2009, 04:58 PM
For those who question Roys ability....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dj5xMeXybs

Kimbo didn't stan a chance. I don't know why Roy is even on the show. He could have submitted kimbo EASILY. He was toying with him.

1fast2litre
10-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Kimbo will be back fighting on TUF again before the seasons over :thumbsup

1fast2litre
10-01-2009, 05:24 PM
:headbang http://www.fightline.com/news/mma/2009/0926/447983/kimbo-slice/index.shtml

That_Guy
10-01-2009, 05:33 PM
:headbang http://www.fightline.com/news/mma/2009/0926/447983/kimbo-slice/index.shtml

that was done souly for ratings

94greenbandit
10-01-2009, 06:11 PM
There are supposed plans for him to fight on the finale card

Car Guy
10-01-2009, 06:34 PM

That's the Roy Nelson I remember (or something remotely close) and thought we would see against Kimbo. Nelson better have been sandbagging against Kimbo otherwise he won't last long in the UFC, let alone get in at all. I also can’t believe how much of a douche Nelson was after his pathetic performance. After seeing that I hope someone destroys him in the next fight just to shut his mouth......

Yooformula
10-01-2009, 06:39 PM
ARE YOU NUTS!?!?!?! Did you see Roy in that clip? He was half a man down in size! He may have been a great grappler back in the day but NOT now! He didnt show any of those grappling skills and his cardio is GONE! That guy in the vid was in good shape and wasnt suck ass within a minute. Sorry but that was then, this is now and from what I saw Roy doesnt have shit!

Karps TA
10-01-2009, 06:42 PM
I can't give any respect to a guy who wants to be a pro athelete but is in that sad of shape. He looked more like somebody on Biggest Loser the TUF

He reminded me of Damon Wayans in the Great White Hype.

Car Guy
10-01-2009, 06:57 PM
That's the Roy Nelson I remember (or something remotely close) and thought we would see against Kimbo. Nelson better have been sandbagging against Kimbo otherwise he won't last long in the UFC, let alone get in at all. I also can’t believe how much of a douche Nelson was after his pathetic performance. After seeing that I hope someone destroys him in the next fight just to shut his mouth......

ARE YOU NUTS!?!?!?! Did you see Roy in that clip? He was half a man down in size! He may have been a great grappler back in the day but NOT now! He didnt show any of those grappling skills and his cardio is GONE! That guy in the vid was in good shape and wasnt suck ass within a minute. Sorry but that was then, this is now and from what I saw Roy doesnt have shit!

What am I nuts about...??? I essentially said exactly what you did in my response above......:confused

VroomPshhTsi
10-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Rampage is a terrible coach. Decent fighter and he's got plenty of jokes, but as a coach on TUF he is just awful. Rashad's teams should win out or at least a large majority of the remaining fights.

Yooformula
10-01-2009, 07:24 PM
What am I nuts about...??? I essentially said exactly what you did in my response above......:confused

Sorry I was responding to this \/ post, in that you cant compare what he used to be able to do vs what he can do now. I'd have to see him fight again to see if he has anything left but if that was the best he could muster against a guy with NO ground game, IMO he shouldnt bother or in the very least not act so damm cocky.

Kimbo didn't stan a chance. I don't know why Roy is even on the show. He could have submitted kimbo EASILY. He was toying with him.

Car Guy
10-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Sorry I was responding to this \/ post, in that you cant compare what he used to be able to do vs what he can do now. I'd have to see him fight again to see if he has anything left but if that was the best he could muster against a guy with NO ground game, IMO he shouldnt bother or in the very least not act so damm cocky.

Gotcha, I couldn't agree more.....:thumbsup

Lash
10-02-2009, 08:06 AM
We shal see ;)

Car Guy
10-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Oh, we shall......;)

But seriously, I can't believe how much weight Roy has put on in the past few years. I didn't think he was that much bigger but after watching that video from `03 (which I haven't seen in years) he is now a completely different fighter. For the better or worse is TBD but one thing is for sure, he sure loves his cheeseburgers.....:goof

94greenbandit
10-02-2009, 10:55 AM
but one thing is for sure, he sure loves his cheeseburgers.....:goof

That would be a Double Whopper with cheese please:headbang

Exitspeed
10-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Fight last night wasn't as bad. At least there was some actual GNP going on. I can't believe dude got caught with that anaconda. He was beating dudes ass the whole fight up until he messed up.

Again Rampage shows how bad of a coach he is.

This season has been a real disappointment.