PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Recall 3.8million vehicles...

Nix
09-29-2009, 04:35 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hX5vzre_1ZgnVSAl_jGmyHMBWRVAD9B178J02

07ROUSHSTG3
09-29-2009, 04:43 PM
a fucking floor mat?!?! as much as i like to see the great toyota have a recall, this is pretty stupid. my floor mat gets caught on my gas pedal, you know what i do. move the god damn floor mat.

Ricky Bobby
09-29-2009, 04:57 PM
a fucking floor mat?!?! as much as i like to see the great toyota have a recall, this is pretty stupid. my floor mat gets caught on my gas pedal, you know what i do. move the god damn floor mat.

but u have a brain obviously the rest of those fools dont or are to dumb to figure that out :rolf

Al
09-29-2009, 05:02 PM
You know, my GMC Safari used to do the same thing.

No recall!

twicks69
09-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Well you guys did hear in the news about the people in the Lexus in Florida that had their gas pedal stuck and all were killed during a 911 call right?

It happened two weeks ago.

Even better, 3 of 4 people in the car were state patrol or police officers. They called 911 as they were coming off the highway, and were freaking out because the gas pedal was stuck to the floor. They were saying that they were coming up to an intersection, the operator told them to put the car in neutral, or turn it off, or get on the brakes, and all you hear is them impacting a car at the intersection -- all 4 people were killed in the crash.

Just shows you that panic takes over common sense too often.

Either way, it was an auto, all you have to do is put it in neutral, hit the brakes, or turn the key off.

Even better, use your foot and pull the floor mat or the gas pedal up to stop the issue because your floormat slid up.

F'ing idiots. Not sorry they died, that was their own fault. Natural selection in modern days.

Korndogg
09-29-2009, 05:14 PM
or turn the key off.

So you would turn the key off and then just hope you dont have to turn?

Beagle
09-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Well you guys did hear in the news about the people in the Lexus in Florida that had their gas pedal stuck and all were killed during a 911 call right?

It happened two weeks ago.

Even better, 3 of 4 people in the car were state patrol or police officers. They called 911 as they were coming off the highway, and were freaking out because the gas pedal was stuck to the floor. They were saying that they were coming up to an intersection, the operator told them to put the car in neutral, or turn it off, or get on the brakes, and all you hear is them impacting a car at the intersection -- all 4 people were killed in the crash.

Just shows you that panic takes over common sense too often.

Either way, it was an auto, all you have to do is put it in neutral, hit the brakes, or turn the key off.

Even better, use your foot and pull the floor mat or the gas pedal up to stop the issue because your floormat slid up.

F'ing idiots. Not sorry they died, that was their own fault. Natural selection in modern days.

yea recall the vehichles because some idiot got his gas pedal stuck down because he put all weather (rubber mats) over the factory carpet mats. The rubber mats do have so weight to them. Enough to keep the pedal to the floor, Yes. But even so no matter how many vehicles they recall its not going help common sense. I work for Lexus and have been hearing about this since the incident. Oh well

Russ Jerome
09-29-2009, 06:50 PM

Thank you Tim, my thoughts exactly!

twicks69
09-29-2009, 06:56 PM

They were driving in a straight line. Turn the damn key off, after you pull towards the side of the road while on the brakes.

Worst case, neutral the damn transmission, and get on the brakes or e-brake.

Reverend Cooper
09-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Yeah,no offense,I feel bad for the people.But really GM has fuel tanks outside the frame that killed how many?
The all weather mats on the Camry's have been recalled a long time ago. if you cant follow the instructions for install,pull the old mat,install new mat with hook in hole I guess I can't feel anything other than whats listed above. Natural selection.

Beagle
09-29-2009, 07:53 PM
and................

Beagle
09-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Yeah,no offense,I feel bad for the people.But really GM has fuel tanks outside the frame that killed how many?
The all weather mats on the Camry's have been recalled a long time ago. if you cant follow the instructions for install,pull the old mat,install new mat with hook in hole I guess I can't feel anything other than whats listed above. Natural selection.

Praise the lord Haleluya!!! Help me Jesus Help Tom Cruise Help me Oprah Winfrey :headbang :rolf

The Reverend has spoken :rockwoot:

jbiscuit
09-29-2009, 07:56 PM
mine work fine :rolf

07ROUSHSTG3
09-29-2009, 08:09 PM
does this mean i can snag some free toyota floormats from you coop for the winter, LOL!

SSmike1
09-29-2009, 08:13 PM
thats not true,
the first Notch JUST kills the ignition,

does NOT lock the steering.
besides, even if it did lock the steering,
its better than just letting the car goe faster and faster and faster.

DAM, if they had enough time to call 911, and talk,
( i heard the 911 call)
they could have stopped that car by all the methods mentioned here.

any person in that car, could have killed the ignition,
or put it in neutral,
or the passenger pull on the floor mat.

I pop my wifes car into Neutral all the time while she is not looking.
and she wonders why it doesn't go. :rolf

LOL

Korndogg
09-29-2009, 08:16 PM
thats not true,
the first Notch JUST kills the ignition,

I wasn't arguing with anyone, I was just saying if the average person turned the key off they would most likely turn it all the way off and lock the steering.

07ROUSHSTG3
09-29-2009, 08:20 PM
some new vehicles do not even have a steering lock?!?!?

either way, who the fuck cares. since the invention of floor mats, man has had this problem. when i was younger my wet shoes would slip off the pedals and my balls would hit the bar on my pedal bike. no recall. lots of sore marbles?!?!? not even a warning label. i wonder where we are heading when big brother has to even help people with how to install floor mats!?!?

SSmike1
09-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Me Niether! not arguing.
most cars will not LET the key LOCK THE STEERING,
until it is in Park!

JUST FOR THIS VERY REASON!

If your car needs to be turned off, for whatever reason, while its moving,
Just turn the key OFF, and it will kill the ignition,
and NOT lock the steering,...
on 95% of the automatic tranny cars out there!

I wasn't arguing with anyone, I was just saying if the average person turned the key off they would most likely turn it all the way off and lock the steering.

Korndogg
09-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Not in the ones I have had. Never tried it on my silverado though. My s10 locked though

SSmike1
09-29-2009, 08:24 PM
most of the cars have that Button or Lever you need to push,
to get the key to Lock the steering. that last klick.

Korndogg
09-29-2009, 08:24 PM
lol my s10 didnt. It locked. I tried it on purpose once

07ROUSHSTG3
09-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Not in the ones I have had. Never tried it on my silverado though. My s10 locked though

i am pretty sure the chrysler 300 didn;t and because of that we had to replace a couple columns from people constantly wrenching on them from getting in and out.

now that i think of it, i am pretty sure that none of the new chryslers that use that goofy ass mercedes inspired key lock the columns.

Plum Crazy
09-29-2009, 08:41 PM
i am pretty sure the chrysler 300 didn;t and because of that we had to replace a couple columns from people constantly wrenching on them from getting in and out.

now that i think of it, i am pretty sure that none of the new chryslers that use that goofy ass mercedes inspired key lock the columns.

The Rams still do, but the real issue isnt the factory floor mat, its the retards that put carpeting or another floor mat on top of a floor mat. I worked on a 5spd caliber that kept comming back for trans grinding, eventually we found that you couldnt depress the clutch pedal all the way due to 2 floormats and 1 piece of old carpeting being used on the floor! WHY DO YOU NEED THAT MUCH COVERING?

Also, if the car is out of control, you put it in neutral and turn the key off, the key will not go all the way to the locked position and you will have steering wheel control.

07ROUSHSTG3
09-29-2009, 08:46 PM
from what i read on another forum, the car had a push button start, no key.

yeah, people are strange. what i find though, is these 3 floor covering people usually let the rest of the vehicle go to hell. don't wash the outside, but make sure that factory focus carpeting is clean!

Plum Crazy
09-29-2009, 08:48 PM
from what i read on another forum, the car had a push button start, no key.

yeah, people are strange. what i find though, is these 3 floor covering people usually let the rest of the vehicle go to hell. don't wash the outside, but make sure that factory focus carpeting is clean!

I have no experence with Toyota/Lexus, but i tried it today on a dodge Challenger R/T with a 6spd with push start, you press the button while driving and it shuts off.

Reverend Cooper
09-29-2009, 08:50 PM
put in neutral and hit the button.not to hard or just put in neutral

Reverend Cooper
09-29-2009, 09:18 PM
http://www.entertonement.com/clips/fmnjpnzgmb--Chris-Lastrella-911-Call-Before-Crashing-911-Calls-Chris-Lastrella

kinda horrible to listen too tho.

ND4SPD
09-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Owners should take out the floor mats on the driver's side and not replace them

Wow, what genius engineer wrote that solution up.

07ROUSHSTG3
09-29-2009, 09:30 PM
http://www.entertonement.com/clips/fmnjpnzgmb--Chris-Lastrella-911-Call-Before-Crashing-911-Calls-Chris-Lastrella

kinda horrible to listen too tho.

yeah. :stare.

Reverend Cooper
09-29-2009, 09:30 PM
http://www.10news.com/news/20609225/detail.html

click on the picture to enlarge it

Plum Crazy
10-10-2009, 09:59 PM
well guys, i got to practice what i preached. Tonite on the way home, i launch the truck from a stop light, i go to release the gas pedal and its pinned @ WOT. My first instinct is to mash on the brake, then push the gas again, no dice. I turned the key off and coasted to the side of the road. I look down, sure as shit, my floor mat has become unhooked and is stuck under my gas pedal. I went a total of 2 blocks from start to stop and didnt exceed 60 mph.

lordairgtar
10-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Saylor, 45, was a safety officer, who inspected school buses, ambulances, tow trucks and armored vehicles, Pennings said.

"He was an outstanding officer who was well-respected by his peers," Pennings said. He was also a "passionate athlete who was very competitive."
...but was dumb as a stump!

07ROUSHSTG3
10-11-2009, 09:41 PM
well guys, i got to practice what i preached. Tonite on the way home, i launch the truck from a stop light, i go to release the gas pedal and its pinned @ WOT. My first instinct is to mash on the brake, then push the gas again, no dice. I turned the key off and coasted to the side of the road. I look down, sure as shit, my floor mat has become unhooked and is stuck under my gas pedal. I went a total of 2 blocks from start to stop and didnt exceed 60 mph.

a sort of similar thing happened to me. not related to the floor mat, but my foot instead. lost my brakes driving home the other night. when i pushed the braked pedal, it went to the floor. in the process, my foot hit the gas pedal and the car started taking off, pretty much WOT. now it is only a mustang, so i was not in any real danger of crazy acceleration, but it did make me think of this thread.

Crawlin
10-12-2009, 12:23 PM
it's said it's not publicized more.

hell GM had a recall for the stickers on the door showing VIN and option codes and it was in the millions and it was all over AOL and YAHOO and other news sources as a HUGE RECALL, QUALITY IS STILL DOWN, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. For a fucking STICKER

Reverend Cooper
11-04-2009, 07:29 PM
we just recieved a letter that was sent from toyota to ABC warning them of further miss information,NHTSA cleared them or any and all issues causing unwanted accel. whether from electronics or mats. Wrong mat,in the wrong car not clipped in. Could happen in any vehicle. WAY TO REPORT THE FACTS ABC.

07ROUSHSTG3
11-04-2009, 08:09 PM
we just recieved a letter that was sent from toyota to ABC warning them of further miss information,NHTSA cleared them or any and all issues causing unwanted accel. whether from electronics or mats. Wrong mat,in the wrong car not clipped in. Could happen in any vehicle. WAY TO REPORT THE FACTS ABC.

so where are my free floor mats?

Plum Crazy
11-04-2009, 08:15 PM
The Rams still do, but the real issue isnt the factory floor mat, its the retards that put carpeting or another floor mat on top of a floor mat. I worked on a 5spd caliber that kept comming back for trans grinding, eventually we found that you couldnt depress the clutch pedal all the way due to 2 floormats and 1 piece of old carpeting being used on the floor! WHY DO YOU NEED THAT MUCH COVERING?

Also, if the car is out of control, you put it in neutral and turn the key off, the key will not go all the way to the locked position and you will have steering wheel control.

Called it.

07ROUSHSTG3
11-08-2009, 09:11 PM
ok. just saw on another site that toyotas fix for this is a ZIP TIE??? trying to find a solid link instead of attaching, but has anyone else seen this. they say to poke a hole in the mat and zip tie it to the seat frame???

coop??

edit: this is what is floating around out there. this cannot be serious?!?! i mean, a ZIP TIE?? come on?

Reverend Cooper
11-08-2009, 09:13 PM
they havent done anything yet.yes they were talking about it,the new cars all have them attached like a tag on a shirt is with the plasctic T ties.

07ROUSHSTG3
11-08-2009, 09:14 PM
they havent done anything yet.yes they were talking about it,the new cars all have them attached like a tag on a shirt is with the plasctic T ties.

:stare:stare:stare:stare
wow. that is sad.

Plum Crazy
11-08-2009, 10:22 PM
whats sad is people dont have enough sense to realize their floor mat is under the gas pedal.

Reverend Cooper
11-08-2009, 10:53 PM
whats sad is that this is even being addressed at all. every car has mats,they all have clips to hold them in.if you dont know enough to keep the right mat in the right car with the clips i guess i realy dont know what else can be done.
there is a lighter in most every car,if you push it in and it gets hot and you grab it out and drop it in your crotch you will get burned.Is this another recall worthy item also?
when and where does it stop

Crawlin
11-09-2009, 12:56 PM
It doesn't coop. It all started with that stupid lady with the hot coffee at mcdonald's. I believe she was one of the first idiots to sue for something stupid and some dumbass judge gave her the judgement. All downhill after that.

Reverend Cooper
11-09-2009, 07:30 PM
I agree whole heartedly Chris