PDA

View Full Version : New Berlin

OxmanWI
09-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Does anyone live in New Berlin or have any info on the area? How do you like the hood around there? I'm thinking about moving into Carriage Way apartments off Greenfield Ave.

Thanks,

Josh

PureSound15
09-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Cryptic and I are both from New Berlin - but we're on the south side near Beloit.

I though that someone lived in the carriage way apartments on here?

Exitspeed
09-29-2009, 02:57 PM
I live there as well. Love the area. I have no complaints at all. Not even about my taxes. I'm in the Beloit Rd/ Sunnyslope area.

TheRX7Project
09-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Those wouldn't be on 124th and Greenfield would they? If so, they just had a fire.

Nix
09-29-2009, 03:02 PM
My wife and I lived there for several years in some apartments behind Culvers on National Ave, I believe it was around 168th and National or so.

We loved the area seeing as we both grew up only about miles South of there. Very nice and quiet, you should check out the apartments we use to live in.

1 car garage, central air, patio, water softner all appliances including dishwasher, washer and dryer combo in every unit 1 1/2 bath 2 bedroom and it was $770 a month.

Nix
09-29-2009, 03:04 PM
Those wouldn't be on 124th and Greenfield would they? If so, they just had a fire.

I believe the carriage ones may be down greenfield on the other side of Mooreland? acroos the street from Walgreens?

tommyt5078
09-29-2009, 03:24 PM
I live by west high school.

We love it here, married with two kids, been at this place for just over six years now, and we are almost 100% sure we won't move until the kids leave school and the little guy won't start his first year until next school year, so I'll be here another 13 plus years.

This summer New Berlin was hit with some day time thefts of homes in the area, first time this happen since I have been here. I'm not pro-cop by any means, as a matter of fact I don't like cops :wow but I think the city and the police did a great job to get this info out to the people of New Berlin, thru a letter in the mail and the alderman sent out e-mails. You might want to get on the e-mails list for the alderman in that area.

I guess like any city tho crime will always be in the area, so always be watching out for it. But New Berlin has everything you should want and need!!!!!

Hope this helps!!!!!

johnny--2k
09-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Carriage Way is not bad. A little older and outdated, but not horrible. I am (was) just up the street and loved my apts. Pheasant Run about 1/2 mile west of calhoun on greenfield. Michelle also lived in the same building. Nice place, only 12 units, everyone has private entry, washer/dryer/dishwasher, central air/heat, private 2 car garage and not bad on price for a 2 bed 2 bath.

Now I'm back watching the parents house since they took it off the market in brookfield, about 1.5 miles from my apt

Exitspeed
09-29-2009, 03:31 PM
I live by west high school.

We love it here, married with two kids, been at this place for just over six years now, and we are almost 100% sure we won't move until the kids leave school and the little guy won't start his first year until next school year, so I'll be here another 13 plus years.

This summer New Berlin was hit with some day time thefts of homes in the area, first time this happen since I have been here. I'm not pro-cop by any means, as a matter of fact I don't like cops :wow but I think the city and the police did a great job to get this info out to the people of New Berlin, thru a letter in the mail and the alderman sent out e-mails. You might want to get on the e-mails list for the alderman in that area.

I guess like any city tho crime will always be in the area, so always be watching out for it. But New Berlin has everything you should want and need!!!!!

Hope this helps!!!!!

I just heard about that the other day. I didn't even realize it was going on. I have a West Allis cop and a Greendale cop that live right across the street from us. And they watch our house all the time. :) I must say even though I too am not a fan of the police, knowing them personally and knowing they are watching out for us makes me feel safer.

OxmanWI
09-29-2009, 03:34 PM
It's near Greenfield and Mooreland

http://maps.google.com/?q=loc%3A+%31%34%30%35+S%2E+Coachlight+Dr%2E+New+B erlin+WI+US

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/apa/1388579972.html

It's a big move for me since I lived in Brown Deer, Shorewood, Whitefish Bay and Glendale for the past 11 years or so. I need to be closer to my work witch is up near the Wisconsin Dells (lol yea know). I really like Carriage Way since it's going to cost me just about the same and I get cable, internet, water, parking and heat for free. The place I live now is a 80 year old building that's falling apart and my landlords really suck ass.

PB86MCSS
09-29-2009, 05:22 PM
I lived at Stonegate off National between Sunnyslope and 124th St from 7/05' to 7/07', really nice place for an apartment. Grew up in Muskego so it wasn't anything new to me, just a very nice area that I wouldn't mind living next time I buy a house :) . Maybe the most important thing is to know that it's not in Milwaukee county. Before I bought my duplex with a friend I considered a cheap condo at Coachlight way to stay in the area. I worked in Glendale for over 3 years and would much prefer to live in New Berlin than those locations mentioned, JMHO.

RanJer
09-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Friend of mine has a condo a little further down Coachlight. Seemed to be a nice area, every thing is close. Lots of traffic through there though.

Rocket Power
09-29-2009, 05:45 PM
I lived in Carriage way about 10 years ago. Wasn't bad for an Apt.
We lived in the west building facing greenfield.
What are they getting for rent now?

RanJer
09-29-2009, 05:47 PM
I lived in Carriage way about 10 years ago. Wasn't bad for an Apt.
We lived in the west building facing greenfield.
What are they getting for rent now?

One bedrooms start at $675 and include heat, water, gas, cable and internet through Time Warner Cable. All you pay is electric. Other amenities include outdoor heated pool, 24 hour fitness center, and picnic area. If you move in October 1st you will receive $300 off November's rent.

03Seville
09-29-2009, 05:57 PM
I live in New Berlin, 124th & National area and been here about a year with no complaints... actually really like it here.

michelle
09-29-2009, 06:25 PM
I loved the area. Our apartment, like Johnny said, was nice too - minus the whole finding cocaine in it unexpectedly, which we still have no idea how it got there. It was nice being so close to everything and the roads were plowed pretty well in that area.

noeggs4u
09-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Live on heritage between coachlight and carrige. Been in the same area since 96.Lived in carrigeway also,nice area and park right down the block..

Rocket Power
09-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by The CL link
One bedrooms start at $675 and include heat, water, gas, cable and internet through Time Warner Cable. All you pay is electric. Other amenities include outdoor heated pool, 24 hour fitness center, and picnic area. If you move in October 1st you will receive $300 off November's rent.Whoops forgot to click on the link:rolf
Wow that's not bad, it was 525 for a one bedroom in 1998 and we had to pay for our own cable.

Ricky Bobby
09-29-2009, 08:11 PM
they rewired all the cable a few yrs back i remeber that i hated installs there shit was nasty

73Dustr
09-30-2009, 12:53 AM
I live off of Moorland and Cleveland. It's a great area. Just watch your speed on Moorland because the NB PD is constantly pulling people over between National and Greenfield on Moorland.

70 cutlass 442
09-30-2009, 12:56 AM
been in New Berlin for 17 years, area is nice, but there has been a serious herion epidemic in the middle/ high schools. plus they have NO auto, metals, construction ect offered anymore..... so if you dont have kids nothing to worry, otherwise you may want to do your homework!

wikked
09-30-2009, 03:01 AM
My dad's been living in the same apt there since the early 70's... still has the original gold carpeting that has zero cushion to it now :rolf

Cryptic
09-30-2009, 10:21 AM
I live there as well. Love the area. I have no complaints at all. Not even about my taxes. I'm in the Beloit Rd/ Sunnyslope area.

we're damn near neighbors

Exitspeed
09-30-2009, 10:46 AM

I'm on Guerin Pass if you happen to know where that is.

xFullThrottlex
09-30-2009, 03:36 PM

You guys are spitting distance from me and vroompshhtsi,

we're right next to Calhoun park

Cryptic
09-30-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm on Guerin Pass if you happen to know where that is.

yeah I had a friend back in middle school who lived near the top of that hill. I used to bike there all the time.

Exitspeed
09-30-2009, 04:57 PM
yeah I had a friend back in middle school who lived near the top of that hill. I used to bike there all the time.

Yep I'm near the top. How long ago were you in Middle school? I know the family that lived in my house had a few kids. The dad died about 5 years ago and he was in his 80's.

OxmanWI
09-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Went to visit the place yesterday and looked at a 1 bedroom. Way better then the place I'm crashing at now. Only thing I could complain about is the kitchen is a little small, but I don't cook so that's ok. Thanks again guys, I should be in there on November 1st or so. Can’t wait to be a west-sider! :)

noeggs4u
09-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Welcome to the neighbor hood when you move in..