PDA

View Full Version : J J Hardy broken bat. Value?

84hurst
09-28-2009, 11:10 PM
I'm not sure what it's worth and I can't find anything on google. Its from this year but that's about all I know. It has a date of 3 25 09 but I assume its a date of manufacture. I haven't gone to a sports memorabilia place to have it appraised yet, but anyone have an idea? I have no clue.

HP ADDICT
09-28-2009, 11:31 PM
Honestly probably not that much. Is there anyway to verify its authentic etc? Even if you could broken bats dont look very good in a case or on a wall. JJ hardy is a poor hitter and a broken bat will only have value to someone who is a big fan of the player.

84hurst
09-28-2009, 11:46 PM
Honestly probably not that much. Is there anyway to verify its authentic etc? Even if you could broken bats dont look very good in a case or on a wall. JJ hardy is a poor hitter and a broken bat will only have value to someone who is a big fan of the player.

I was kinda thinking the same thing with it not being worth too much, but with the stamped in date and it does have hardys name engraved in it. It will come with the original box from miller park saying ''contents may cause splinters, view with caution''. I figured it might be worth something.

Car Guy
09-29-2009, 12:10 PM
It is probably worth as much as my JJ Hardy bobble head, so around $5......:durr

77thor
09-29-2009, 04:17 PM
99 cent

07ROUSHSTG3
09-29-2009, 04:45 PM
are you telling me that he made contact with something hard enough to break his bat?? i need proof.

84hurst
09-29-2009, 11:06 PM
are you telling me that he made contact with something hard enough to break his bat?? i need proof.

if I get a chance tomorrow i'll post up pics!

Jeff
09-30-2009, 08:49 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a clean cut (perhaps from a saw :rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf)

DirtyMax
10-02-2009, 10:35 AM
They sell them for a metric shit-ton in the Fan Zone stores.... or should I say they try to sell them because at the prices they have them in there for, they're more like mere display pieces. Go take a look at the prices.