PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever used Freescan?

WanabFast
04-22-2004, 10:36 AM
The program looks kinda like a basic autotap. I found a few people using this Freescan program on their LT1's and decided to take a look at it. The interface looks pretty self explanitory. My question is about the cable; do you autotap guys use a diag to 9 pin cable or do you have an AT1 (from B&B electronics) device inbetween? On then ODBII site it has this cable but says that you can't connect it directly to the com port without the AT1 ckt without causing harm to the com port. ????

Syclone0044
04-23-2004, 12:07 AM
I've used it to connect to a '749 Syclone/Typhoon/Quad4 ECM and it works, it's a little flaky and not a real serious datalogger but certianly better than nothing. I also used it to connect to my 93 Cavalier 3.1L Z24 and it worked there too.

I'm using the standard OBD1 9 pin serial cable available from www.akmcables.com

WanabFast
04-23-2004, 02:11 PM
I DL'ed it to just check out my O2 readings and see if I need to spend $120 on new O2's. My car just turned 80k and those are most likely the stock sensors. It would have to be the reason why I'm getting 11.35 miles a gallon. thank god i don't drive more than 2 miles for work.

9C1 Driver
04-23-2004, 07:51 PM
I use Freescan, it works well enough. I also got my cable from AKM Cables... would highly reccomend him!

Syclone0044
04-25-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by WanabFast
I DL'ed it to just check out my O2 readings and see if I need to spend $120 on new O2's. My car just turned 80k and those are most likely the stock sensors. It would have to be the reason why I'm getting 11.35 miles a gallon. thank god i don't drive more than 2 miles for work. I would check the plugs and see if they are dark sooty black. If so then it would serve as additional evidence to suggest it's running rich..