PDA

View Full Version : Political Forums

Hetfield
04-21-2004, 10:28 PM
Hey folks, I hope this isn't out of line here.

I just started a new site dedicated to political discussion. It is a very open board with very few rules. The only thing I ask is that you are civil with one another, which is easier said than done - I understand.

Regardless, registration is free and there are already a few intriguing threads.

http://www.politicalbattlefield.com

Give 'er hell. Thanks,

Dustin :D

SMS 1
04-21-2004, 10:30 PM
Man, is this the night for new sites or something!? Cool, I'll check that out. :usa

02hawk796
04-22-2004, 04:27 AM
The software for that messageboard gives me message boxes that are wider than my screen, without a sideways scroll bar. So I can't read the posts or reply/quote them.

Otherwise what posts I could read were pretty amateurish. Without some external input, those talks will get nowhere, fast.

Refresh this topic when the technical problems are resolved, and then when/if the content improves. If the content improves without the problems resolved, mention that so I'll know to ignore.

Hetfield
04-22-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by 02hawk796
The software for that messageboard gives me message boxes that are wider than my screen, without a sideways scroll bar. So I can't read the posts or reply/quote them.

Otherwise what posts I could read were pretty amateurish. Without some external input, those talks will get nowhere, fast.

Refresh this topic when the technical problems are resolved, and then when/if the content improves. If the content improves without the problems resolved, mention that so I'll know to ignore.

Give me technical info.

Windows? XP? IE? Resolution?

I've never seen that problem before on any browser that I have used on it. (Konquerer, IE, Firefox)

Amatuer as the posts may be, there is only 66 members right now and the board is just starting out.

02hawk796
04-23-2004, 06:01 AM
XP, using Opera.
After the above post, I checked again. I noticed that when not logged in, the message boxes seemed fine. As soon as I log in, the right edge ends up about a foot to the right of my monitor, can't click on any "quote" or "edit" buttons then.
That software does that on a few boards I've been on. I don't go back to the ones that don't work.

I understood it's new. That's why I said to remind us, if it improves. If the tech issue wasn't there, I could have thrown in a snake, see what happens. If it livened up a bit, I'd probably return.

PS. I should have clarified. The message boxes are left-justified, but the width is twice that of my monitor, so it's right-exceeded.