PDA

View Full Version : SCCA Runoffs

michelle
09-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Who is heading up to RA this weekend?

TURTLE
09-27-2009, 05:18 PM
wish i could have... stuck at work all weekend.... any updates?

xxtremeteam
09-27-2009, 05:19 PM
heard there was a bad wreck on sat involving a bunch of vettes and one driver air lifted by flight for life out

Todd Z
09-27-2009, 06:21 PM
heard there was a bad wreck on sat involving a bunch of vettes and one driver air lifted by flight for life out

You heard partially correct. There was a T1 driver hurt in practice earlier in the week. Last I heard it looked good long term for him. No bad accidents in the T1 race in Saturday. There was a bad accident in the race after T1, I believe somebody may have been air lifted out from that race. I don't know for sure I was in a trailer away from everything. Best comment I heard from a newbie to Road America "this place is like a four mile dyno pull".

GTSLOW
09-27-2009, 07:21 PM
You heard partially correct. There was a T1 driver hurt in practice earlier in the week. Last I heard it looked good long term for him. No bad accidents in the T1 race in Saturday. There was a bad accident in the race after T1, I believe somebody may have been air lifted out from that race. I don't know for sure I was in a trailer away from everything. Best comment I heard from a newbie to Road America "this place is like a four mile dyno pull".

Do you have a C5?

Trying to find a used set of race pads for this weekend at RA :D

xxtremeteam
09-27-2009, 08:22 PM

every thing i heard was second hand during a emt refesher glad everyone seems to be ok

michelle
09-27-2009, 09:12 PM
It was a long, cold day but the car is still in one piece after the wreck during a test day. The weather was keeping everyone on their toes - making the decision to go rains or slicks a gamble. Slicks ended up being the way to go. The full-course yellow and multiple pace car laps didn't help matters, as the speeds were too slow to keep the battery charged. Car lost power during the last lap. (This is the DSR race.)

But! On the upside, it was my uncle's 29th consecutive Runoffs start, which is the national SCCA record now. Pretty cool, if you ask me!

Todd Z
09-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Do you have a C5?

Trying to find a used set of race pads for this weekend at RA :D

I do have a C5 but run a BBK. Sorry no used pads that will work that I know of. Call me tomorrow afternoon 414-350-6303 and I can check in my trailer.
You can also call Joel at Corvette Sports (10 min from track) 1-920-467-2833.

TURTLE
09-30-2009, 11:54 PM
It was a long, cold day but the car is still in one piece after the wreck during a test day. The weather was keeping everyone on their toes - making the decision to go rains or slicks a gamble. Slicks ended up being the way to go. The full-course yellow and multiple pace car laps didn't help matters, as the speeds were too slow to keep the battery charged. Car lost power during the last lap. (This is the DSR race.)

But! On the upside, it was my uncle's 29th consecutive Runoffs start, which is the national SCCA record now. Pretty cool, if you ask me!

that's outstanding! congrats to him!

I do have a C5 but run a BBK. Sorry no used pads that will work that I know of. Call me tomorrow afternoon 414-350-6303 and I can check in my trailer.
You can also call Joel at Corvette Sports (10 min from track) 1-920-467-2833.

todd, you're definitely going to have to ride along again and give me BBK pointers ;)

michelle
10-04-2009, 07:30 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zEuOQRVXf1s&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zEuOQRVXf1s&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

spooln30
10-05-2009, 02:32 AM
The only reason that Mr. Yellow suit won is because the Loshak team had some personal problems. And ill leave it at that. Good pics, Thanks. But u didnt have any H-production pics................. GO DAN!!!! Same Team.