PDA

View Full Version : Stay Away From Greenfield spiders!!!!

73MACH
09-22-2009, 03:26 PM
This is what happes when you get bit by a Greenfield spider and didn't know about it!!!!! It gets infected, bad! My finger grew to 3 times the normal size in 4 days. had minor surgery yesterday,(been typing this left handed since i got home from hospital ....lol) hopefully wrenching and shifting next week sometime.

73MACH
09-22-2009, 03:27 PM
hers the after

URLOZIN
09-22-2009, 03:29 PM
holy shit! What kind of spider?

Exitspeed
09-22-2009, 03:29 PM
What

THE

FUCK

KIND

OF

SPIDER

WAS

THIS!

I fuckin hate spiders.

Car Guy
09-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Must have been one of those spiders on drugs......:goof

p2HipedgM3I

Karps TA
09-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Is that from a real spider, or is Greenfield Spider a term for some of the women there?

WhatsADSM
09-22-2009, 03:38 PM
^^^ :rolf:rolf:rolf

xxtremeteam
09-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Looks more like a mrsa absess

Z28Envy
09-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Gonna be hard to wipe now!:rolf

07ROUSHSTG3
09-22-2009, 04:02 PM
yeah, what kind of spider do they figure it was. that is scary shit.

ND4SPD
09-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Common sac spider or Brown Recluse maybe? Both of their bites produce necrotic wounds like that.

lordairgtar
09-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Ya shoulda just stuck a X-acto knife in there and squeezed out the stuff. Greenfield spiders got nothing on Muskego spiders.

Exitspeed
09-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Common sac spider or Brown Recluse maybe? Both of their bites produce necrotic wounds like that.

We do NOT have Brown Recluse spiders around here.

ND4SPD
09-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Yes, actually we do... or can. There has only been a few reports in Wisconsin though. They're usually transported here from somewhere else.

http://spiders.entomology.wisc.edu/Sicariidae/Loxosceles_reclusa/index.html

My guess is it was a sac spider though because you still have your finger.

Al
09-22-2009, 04:48 PM
We do NOT have Brown Recluse spiders around here.

Occasionally, one will hitch a ride up here from the southwestern corner of the state. There are three types of brown recluse in the US. One of them can be found along the mississippi and south of the Wisconsin rivers.

Feature Pony
09-22-2009, 05:27 PM
My wife got bit the other day on her knee 3 times, her knee swelled up pretty good and pussed out the bite holes. She didn't go to the doc, I told her to but her knee is heeling now. I hate spiders, they usually attack me and bite the crap out of me, so I'm thinking her bite didn't happen at home.

-stew-
09-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Da black spiders!!! Dey kill paco!!!

UnderPSI
09-22-2009, 06:13 PM
We get black widows at work all the time. The ones with the red hour glass on their butt. The build huge webs inside the underground transformers that we get shipped here from Georgia. We kill them with the torch when we open the lid for the first time before we install them.

Plum Crazy
09-22-2009, 07:00 PM
We had a Brown Recluse at work on Saturday, we looked it up on the internet, the thing was big! About the size of a Silver dollar, we put it in a jar with a Praying mantis and it killed the mantis, so we then filled the jar with Cash For Clunker engine disabler

CATNHAT
09-22-2009, 07:51 PM
it killed the mantis, so we then filled the jar with Cash For Clunker engine disabler

awesome!

ND4SPD
09-22-2009, 09:17 PM
We had a Brown Recluse at work on Saturday, we looked it up on the internet, the thing was big! About the size of a Silver dollar, we put it in a jar with a Praying mantis and it killed the mantis, so we then filled the jar with Cash For Clunker engine disabler

That's a biggun. Where'd you get the mantis from? I'd like to let a bunch of them go in our yard.

I know wehave northern widows up here that are native, but I haven't seen any (fortunately). Hell, if I ever see either kind (widows or recluse) I'd kill them on the spot.

I hate spiders, they usually attack me and bite the crap out of me, so I'm thinking her bite didn't happen at home.

That's cuz they smell fear!:devil

Plum Crazy
09-22-2009, 09:32 PM
That's a biggun. Where'd you get the mantis from? I'd like to let a bunch of them go in our yard.

I know wehave northern widows up here that are native, but I haven't seen any (fortunately). Hell, if I ever see either kind (widows or recluse) I'd kill them on the spot.

That's cuz they smell fear!:devil

we have tons of them behind the dealership, its a wooded area with a large field, i caught 4 on Saturday and brought them home, one was a male, about 2.5-3 inches long, the other 3 were females(the females are huge!) they were between 4-6 inches each. There was one on the Parts delivery truck on Monday that had to be 10 inches long, the thing started flying and i ran!!!

JBs92Lude
09-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Yes, actually we do... or can. There has only been a few reports in Wisconsin though. They're usually transported here from somewhere else.

If it was a brown recluse he would have been put on heavy antibiotics for almost a month. Bites from these spiders, left untreated too long, can lead to limb amputations, large amounts of flesh needed to be removed, or even death. I got bit by one when I lived in Arkansas... scary stuff!

fivonut
09-22-2009, 09:56 PM
If it was a brown recluse he would have been put on heavy antibiotics for almost a month. Bites from these spiders, left untreated too long, can lead to limb amputations, large amounts of flesh needed to be removed, or even death. I got bit by one when I lived in Arkansas... scary stuff!

Those reactions to Brown Recluse bites are far and few between. It CAN happen, it doesn't happen consistently. It's very hard to properly diagnose a Brown Recluse bite because by nature they scurry off and hide, making it next to impossible to verify the type of spider. I woke up one morning with a bite on my side that met all the symptoms of a Brown Recluse bite. Don't get me wrong their bites are nasty and the infected area ended up about the size of a softball, but it never got to the necrotic point all the internet emails claim.

SmokinRAM114
09-22-2009, 09:59 PM
FUCK SPIDERS! id take a hit in the sack then have a spider put on me!

lordairgtar
09-22-2009, 10:46 PM
the thing started flying and i ran!!!
How the fuck do spiders fly?:eek: When I lived in Cali, I picked up Tarantulas off the mountain pass highway after a rain. They don't like the water in their burrows, so they walk out to drier places. Sold them to pet shops.

Exitspeed
09-23-2009, 09:29 AM

Occasionally, one will hitch a ride up here from the southwestern corner of the state. There are three types of brown recluse in the US. One of them can be found along the mississippi and south of the Wisconsin rivers.

NOOOOOOO!

I'm terrified of spiders.

I'm not letting my self believe you. :crazyeyes

Irish
09-23-2009, 10:07 AM

73MACH
09-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Gonna be hard to wipe now!:rolf

lol, you aint lying!!!

I don't know what kind of spider it was, woke up last tues. morn with a pimple sized bump and it blew up from there! 3 different antibiotics, pain killers, minor surgery, & 2 weeks off work, ill be happy if i don't see another spider again! And for the ones i do see.......its payback!!! they owe me alot of money!!!!!! Can't even drive my new toy!! BASTERDS!!:flipoff2: Screw u spiders!!:flipoff2:

Silver86
09-23-2009, 03:56 PM
sac spiders! http://smiliesftw.com/x/ughhs.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

didnt know what they were till i googled them... weve got the around the house... and they bite! FUCK!

73MACH
09-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Here are the nasty pics after i cleaned my spider bite. It;s kind of hard to see, bet there is a hole a little smaller than a dime across and almost to the bone deep!!!! DISGUSTING!!! :wooo:wooo

And I;m sure you will still look anyways you sick bastards!! lol:goof

73MACH
09-23-2009, 11:50 PM
Here are the nasty pics after i cleaned my spider bite. It;s kind of hard to see, bet there is a hole a little smaller than a dime across and almost to the bone deep!!!! DISGUSTING!!! :wooo:wooo

And I;m sure you will still look anyways you sick bastards!! lol:goof

Aghhhh, how do i erase the old pics from the manage your attachments? It says i'm already over my quota. dammit!!:chair:.

RanJer
09-24-2009, 12:11 AM
www.photobucket.com

jon_we4
09-24-2009, 08:56 AM
I got this mean looking thing on my deck.....

When I was taking photos of it, it kind of opened up all its legs at me. Then again, it also look like it pooped.

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6530&stc=1&d=1253800552

Silver86
09-24-2009, 03:00 PM
I got this mean looking thing on my deck.....

When I was taking photos of it, it kind of opened up all its legs at me. Then again, it also look like it pooped.

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6530&stc=1&d=1253800552

if thats the kind of spider i think it is, we have an absolute shit ton of those at work... theyre everywhere... kinda annoying.

jon_we4
09-24-2009, 03:48 PM
if thats the kind of spider i think it is, we have an absolute shit ton of those at work... theyre everywhere... kinda annoying.

Any idea what it is? Its about the size of a quarter.

JBs92Lude
09-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Those reactions to Brown Recluse bites are far and few between. It CAN happen, it doesn't happen consistently. It's very hard to properly diagnose a Brown Recluse bite because by nature they scurry off and hide, making it next to impossible to verify the type of spider. I woke up one morning with a bite on my side that met all the symptoms of a Brown Recluse bite. Don't get me wrong their bites are nasty and the infected area ended up about the size of a softball, but it never got to the necrotic point all the internet emails claim.

I was living in Arkansas, where the spiders are much more common than up here. Yes, the spiders are known to dwell in dark, warm, secluded places. IE bedrooms can be a great place for one. I was bitten, kept an eye on it, then when it started to look even worse, I went to the doctor. They told me to keep an eye on it. Well, a couple days later, when I was doing even worse, I found the spider in the bedroom and took it to the doctor with me. Hence, the diagnosis of a Brown Recluse bite. Then I was put on a couple antibiotics for a month.

Also, if left untreated the bites do kill people or cause amputations. I have seen several people down in Arkansas with chunks of their legs/arms/torso that had to be removed due to a bite from a Brown Recluse. Sure, its hard to diagnose exactly what spider bit a person, but since its more common in the south, they don't mess around with spider bites.

73MACH
09-24-2009, 06:52 PM
http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae341/jasonjdunne/spider%20bite/

Try this.

73MACH
09-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Thanks Jeeperz, I'm still learning this new interweb thing!!:rolf:rolf

Didn't think about that route.

I haven't seen a spider in my room yet, since I have the time off of work now I've been searching my room 3-4 times a day! U got some word for him! He owes me money for time off work!!!!:flipoff2:

Nix
09-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Sweet baby Jesus is that fucking gross!! So Im guessing is was necrosis (sp)? It rotted away your flesh??

ND4SPD
09-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Yeah go look up Brown Recluse Bites on the internet and you'll see pics that look just like Mach's. And FYI, I wasn't quoting internet E-mails... it' talks about them right here in my EMT textbook. Pg 438, Figure 18-10 looks just like Mach's bite.

73MACH
09-25-2009, 01:28 AM
Sweet baby Jesus is that fucking gross!! So Im guessing is was necrosis (sp)? It rotted away your flesh??

I don't know. It didn't rot the flesh, the doc had to cut away the infucktion, which was apparently huge!! lol. I don't know, it's a big friggen hole and it sucks

Silver86
09-25-2009, 05:52 AM
Any idea what it is? Its about the size of a quarter.

the only thing i could find remotely about them is that theyre just your common barn spider... belonging to the orb weaver species.

JaMichaels
09-27-2009, 04:48 PM
...That's it.. I used to just leave the big ones alone thinking,"Well they take care of a lot of mesquitos".. I'll take 1000 mesquito bites before my finger ever looks like that.. The war has begun.

JBs92Lude
09-27-2009, 11:11 PM
I don't know. It didn't rot the flesh, the doc had to cut away the infucktion, which was apparently huge!! lol. I don't know, it's a big friggen hole and it sucks

I suppose, didn't want it to spread. Did they put you on antibiotics as well then?