PDA

View Full Version : Infinity or acura Tl ( car sales people again)

97z2801ss
09-21-2009, 01:28 PM
$15K is the limit anyone got anything or a hook up?

Exitspeed
09-21-2009, 01:47 PM
G35.

97z2801ss
09-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Girl i know needs help finding a car, luxury.performanceish maybe shes all over the board really as I talk to her more.

Waver
09-21-2009, 08:52 PM
wish I could help....I have an infinity, but it is too much (20k for a low mileage g35) and an acura cl but that is high in mileage....so with that being said, good luck with your search

JC70SS
09-21-2009, 09:16 PM
TL loved mine!

PureSound15
09-21-2009, 09:26 PM
G35 would be a death wish (I'm sorry... but here it comes) for a women to drive in winter.

Let me clarrify - it would be hell for any individual who did not understand how to control a rear wheel drive vehicle in slippery conditions ... that's the PC version.

flyin_blue_egg
09-21-2009, 10:34 PM
^^haha...the PC version.

lordairgtar
09-21-2009, 11:03 PM
G35 would be a death wish (I'm sorry... but here it comes) for a women to drive in winter.

Let me clarrify - it would be hell for any individual who did not understand how to control a rear wheel drive vehicle in slippery conditions ... that's the PC version.
Then I would posit that any one that is under 30 wouldnt drive one well.

Slow Joe
09-21-2009, 11:25 PM

G35X is available... For those that can't control RWD in winter...

Acura TL is nice...

Personally the G35X is a nicer car, and there are MANY of either of those available in the 15k-ish price range depending on mileage...

Start searching websites such as autotrader.com, and such... If you need information on different cars check out edmunds.com they pretty much have any info you might be looking for... If you find any vehicles at an independent (non-franchised) dealership in the area drop me a PM, there's a good possibility that I know someone there...

lilws6
09-22-2009, 09:40 AM

until last year all i've driven in the snow was a RWD vehicle. And i did once get stuck in the snwo with the T/A last year with the 315's on the back. needless to say a fun ride home ;)

PureSound15
09-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Oh I guess I was only thinking about the 2 door g35, my bad.

lilws6
09-22-2009, 11:03 AM
i think they make the 2door in an x version as well i maybe wrong

Karps TA
09-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Is either one of those cars even available at that low of a price? Couple months ago when I was looking and both of those were atleast $17K unless you wanted one with a bazillion miles. I don't think a G35X is going to be much less then 20K.

xFullThrottlex
09-22-2009, 11:23 AM

I'm 21, and i've driven nothing but rwd through each and every season and haven't gotten stuck (knock on wood.:banana)

Also, last time I checked an HHR was front wheel:shades

johnny--2k
09-22-2009, 02:06 PM
TL FTW! I loved my 05 6-speed. You can find an 05 with nav for a pretty decent price if she doesn't mind a bit higher mileage (over 75K)

Exitspeed
09-22-2009, 02:22 PM
G35X is available... For those that can't control RWD in winter...

Acura TL is nice...

Personally the G35X is a nicer car, and there are MANY of either of those available in the 15k-ish price range depending on mileage...

Start searching websites such as autotrader.com, and such... If you need information on different cars check out edmunds.com they pretty much have any info you might be looking for... If you find any vehicles at an independent (non-franchised) dealership in the area drop me a PM, there's a good possibility that I know someone there...

Exactly. I meant to say G35x. And also the stability control on these RWD cars today are amazing. You CAN NOT compare it to driving and an 80's Impala in the snow. It's night and day.

i think they make the 2door in an x version as well i maybe wrong

They didn't start making Coupe's available with AWD until the G37 Coupe in 2009.

I'd also like to add that the G35's in coupe and sedan form have soul. Honda/Acura hasn't made a car with a soul in forever. It's all about tech with Acura. Which is fine, but their cars don't have the personality they used too. There's non of the quirkiness, sportiness, or feel anymore. Honda seems to have stripped that from their vehicles DNA. It's even more apparent in Acura's new line-up.

Get the G, it feels like it wants to be driven. It's far closer to a 3 Series then the TL will ever be.

Slow Joe
09-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Exactly. I meant to say G35x. And also the stability control on these RWD cars today are amazing. You CAN NOT compare it to driving and an 80's Impala in the snow. It's night and day.

They didn't start making Coupe's available with AWD until the G37 Coupe in 2009.

I'd also like to add that the G35's in coupe and sedan form have soul. Honda/Acura hasn't made a car with a soul in forever. It's all about tech with Acura. Which is fine, but their cars don't have the personality they used too. There's non of the quirkiness, sportiness, or feel anymore. Honda seems to have stripped that from their vehicles DNA. It's even more apparent in Acura's new line-up.

Get the G, it feels like it wants to be driven. It's far closer to a 3 Series then the TL will ever be.

I agree with everything you've said EXCEPT that the Traction Control on the G35 is kind of a joke... I had one as a demo... actually I had two (an Auto Coupe and 6-Speed Sedan) :rolf And NEITHER one did jack shit in the snow... If you get one that's not AWD and plan on driving it in winter, get bags of sand and snow tires... That's your only chance to even make it out of your driveway... Luckily I was working at a dealership and didn't own one, otherwise I'd of been SOL... At that point I took a Grand Cherokee, Sequoia... Or such :rolf

Exitspeed
09-22-2009, 04:37 PM
^
Yeah I'd recommend an AWD one anyway for our climate.

But RWD isn't THAT hard to drive in the snow. I had a Blazer, and Impala, and my 240 that I drove in the snow with out issues.

Slow Joe
09-22-2009, 08:44 PM
I've driven Multiple Mustangs, Porsches, BMWs and other RWD cars in the snow as well.. And other than the 540i with 17s... The G35 took the cake for worst to drive in the snow... :rolf

Edit: Some of that could be attributed to the tires that it had on it... I'm not sure exactly what it had... IF She got a RWD one though, Snow Tires would be a must...

Inspector13
09-24-2009, 03:27 PM
I loved my 3.2TL. With regular all season tires it was a monster in the snow. I would plow snow with the front bumper and not get stuck, but when you turn the traction control off that's another story. Mine had over 200k on the clock and needed no major work. Just regular maintenance and it was golden.

I'd 100% buy another in a heartbeat and pay too much for it. :thumbsup