PDA

View Full Version : Want this for my basement

team beater
09-21-2009, 10:06 AM
I thought I had a pretty nice table.....

This is on a whole different level

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r92ddHb9u4Y&feature=related

johnny--2k
09-21-2009, 10:14 AM
Ahhhh!!!!

$37,000?!?!:wooo

kornholio788
09-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Cool yes. But having a pool table in the basement in my parents house and having played quite a bit of pool in my day I bet that would get cracked very quickly. Between balls being dropped on the table from even like a couple inches in height. To someone doing a hard break and balls jumping themselves in the air and coming back down on the table.

Plus having to clean it nonstop from all the fingerprints and chalk and such.

Cool idea and it looks cool. But you would never see me owning one due to not being able to play some real pool on it.

Exitspeed
09-21-2009, 10:20 AM

This would be my main reason. That and the $43,000 price tag. No thanks. I'll buy a G37x instead.

Car Guy
09-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Cool yes. But having a pool table in the basement in my parents house and having played quite a bit of pool in my day I bet that would get cracked very quickly. Between balls being dropped on the table from even like a couple inches in height. To someone doing a hard break and balls jumping themselves in the air and coming back down on the table.

Cool idea and it looks cool. But you would never see me owning one due to not being able to play some real pool on it.

It will not break (guaranteed), and I'm sure if someone could afford to purchase a table like that they would also pay someone else to clean it on a weekly basis......

0TransAm0
09-21-2009, 04:40 PM
that is bad ass. and im sure like car guy said it won't break.. otherwise it would be pointless to make them...

Al
09-21-2009, 04:56 PM
If anyone figures out more about the what "Vitrik™" is, I could build one with wood for a fraction of the cost. I'm not talking cheap pine or oak, I would build it with mahogany or Peruvian walnut.

I'm certain that the glass will withstand the impact of a billiard ball. From the side, it looks like it is either a very thick single piece of glass or laminated sheets. Glass is much more robust than some of you make it out to be.

lilws6
09-21-2009, 04:59 PM
That is bad ass looking maybe i'll just build my own lol

lordairgtar
09-21-2009, 11:28 PM
If anyone figures out more about the what "Vitrik™" is, I could build one with wood for a fraction of the cost. I'm not talking cheap pine or oak, I would build it with mahogany or Peruvian walnut.

I'm certain that the glass will withstand the impact of a billiard ball. From the side, it looks like it is either a very thick single piece of glass or laminated sheets. Glass is much more robust than some of you make it out to be.
Vitrik is a resin film that replicates the rolling resistance of the felt table surface.

Al
09-22-2009, 12:24 AM
Vitrik is a resin film that replicates the rolling resistance of the felt table surface.

I know that already.

The real question is "where can I get it?"

DRK
09-22-2009, 08:26 AM
There is no way that table plays like a Gold Crown.

kornholio788
09-22-2009, 12:23 PM
I used to install tables. So I have put up/played on the cheap ones and bar style ones and top dollar ones.

And I am going to throw out that on a high dollar table the balls roll alot longer than what it looks like on the video.

lordairgtar
09-22-2009, 04:31 PM
There is no way that table plays like a Gold Crown.
That would be an interesting comparo.

Al
09-22-2009, 04:53 PM
If you want the balls to roll longer, then just use plain glass w/o the covering.

I was thinking that similar results could be obtained by covering the glass with a layer of clear vinyl. It would be alot cheaper, but probably be easier to scratch too.

73MACH
09-23-2009, 10:39 AM
thats fricken sweet!!

GRAMPS SS
09-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Yeah...the wife will let you have that :rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

NOT IN THIS LIFE TIME :rolf:rolf :goof

team beater
09-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Yeah...the wife will let you have that :rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

NOT IN THIS LIFE TIME :rolf:rolf :goof

Yeah well..........

why you gotta kill my dreams JK LOL

GTSLOW
09-23-2009, 10:11 PM
That thing is sweet but where the hell does the huge price tag come from? Honestly how much does it cost for materials and labor?

lordairgtar
09-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Aussie stuff is expensive. I would imagine that Vitrik is proprietary to that company, as I find no other reference to it except as being related to that company. I would imagine tempered glass that size is not cheap to make, and there is the AUS$ to US$ exchange rate.

Al
09-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Aussie stuff is expensive. I would imagine that Vitrik is proprietary to that company, as I find no other reference to it except as being related to that company. I would imagine tempered glass that size is not cheap to make, and there is the AUS$ to US$ exchange rate.

I can see it costing a couple thousand for all materials combined at street price.

What I am really curious about is what other uses does "vitrik" have? I am highly doubtful that the chemical was engineered specifically for glass pool tables. Does vitrik have another name?

I bet vitrik is something else that was once stubled apon while a group of pool-hall junkies/artisians were pondering "what adheres to glass and is slightly resistant to billiard balls rolling on it."

If you asked this to a chemistry professional, they could probably look up the chemical in the national database and come up with 200 matches in 3 minutes. From there, all you do is read the abstracts and test the chemicals with the most potential.

To improve my understanding of this company, I want to know if they have a chemistry department or did they contract the research out? Also, do they have %100 rights to this chemical or just the name and maybe the specific use of it? What kind of patents do they hold?

Philly-O
09-23-2009, 11:27 PM
looks like a crazy table that they would operate on on nip tuck.