PDA

View Full Version : Sensor Tires?

y2kws6
09-20-2009, 09:22 PM
More of a general question, but can you put "Fix A Flat" in a tire that has a sensor?

Don't need it, but My dad might until winter comes when he gets his new tires. He has a leak that takes 3 weeks before a top off.

Dan

Holeshot
09-20-2009, 09:26 PM
You can but it will fuck up the sensor. Usually you just need to replace the core after a flat but if you use that shit you will have to replace the whole sensor. I'v seen some sensors sell for well over a $120. I would just have the rim leak fixed. Much cheaper.

lilws6
09-20-2009, 09:46 PM
DO NOT USE IT! i beleiev it says right in the owners manual not to use if equiped with sensors. Also I don't know about other places but if it does have a puncture and you put fix a flat in it. Tires plus will not fix it. Liability reasons. Oh yea and those sensors are about $80 each guessing its a GM vehicle?

Car Guy
09-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Tell him to continue filling the tire when needed, there's only a few weeks left of nice enough weather anyways......

y2kws6
09-21-2009, 07:48 AM
Tell him to continue filling the tire when needed, there's only a few weeks left of nice enough weather anyways......

Ya that is what he was planning on doing. The question came up at a gathering and I was not sure, but assumed correctly.

Thanks,
Dan

SLOWC5
09-21-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm getting Sensors for GM around $35 a sensor. Not horribly priced anymore