PDA

View Full Version : My wife is participating in the Susan Komen race for the cure.

Yooformula
09-20-2009, 08:48 PM
My wife Deb, is running this year in the race for the cure for breast cancer. If you are able to sponsor/donate, we would greatly appreciate it. We hope to make this a husband/wife event next year in addition to a few other runs.

The race is this Sunday in downtown Milwaukee. Thank you!

Click here if you can with a donation! (http://milwaukee.info-komen.org/site/TR/RacefortheCure/MKE_MilwaukeeAffiliate?px=5902869&pg=personal&fr_id=1210)

Korndogg
09-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Mandi put a team together for that last year and they were rude as hell to her and they didn't send anything out on time. Shes not doing it again this year because of that. Its a shame that the volunteers are rude and all that because its for a good cause. Good luck to her though with it.

Yooformula
09-24-2009, 11:30 PM
Mandi put a team together for that last year and they were rude as hell to her and they didn't send anything out on time. Shes not doing it again this year because of that. Its a shame that the volunteers are rude and all that because its for a good cause. Good luck to her though with it.

yeah sucks some people were rude but in the end it still helps out people in need. Maybe she could volunteer to help out and put a smiling face for others.:D

Big thanks to the anonymous person that donated.:thumbsup;):shades

Cryptic
09-25-2009, 09:19 AM
two family members of mine got breast cancer this year. My step-mom had to have a biopsy and radiation and my aunt had to have 1 breast removed and she's undergoing chemo. 1 hell of a year for the women in the family.

Nix
09-25-2009, 10:38 AM
My mother had breast cancer back in 1997 and had her breasts removed along with the chemo as well. My wife and I always donate and help when able.

Yoo I just put $25 in your wifes account. You two are doing a great thing. :)

Yooformula
09-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Omg sorry to hear that Andy.

b4mytm
09-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Thank Deb again for doing this. I am always in hope of finding a cure for this and all cancers,since it runs in my family.My Grandma died of breast cancer,and my Mom of cervical cancer.

Holeshot
09-27-2009, 07:02 PM
For all of you thinking about donating even if its only $5 it all adds up. Some wonderful things happened to Avelio thanks to donations. Cancer is a evil illness. Everyone knows someone who has or had cancer.

Andy Sorry to hear of the cancer hitting your family. Prayers sent.

Yooformula
09-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks to everyone that donated! Deb finished her 3.2 miles in 28min. There were over 12,000 people today!!! Sorry but I didnt encounter ONE rude person all day that volunteered so dont let that deter people from doing this! It was incredible seeing how many survivors were running and saddening listening to stories of family members who lost someone to cancer. I also couldnt believe how many vendors were out there giving out free breakfast, coffee and tons of goodies out to everyone. I look forward to next year's run so I can run with Deb.

Holeshot
09-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Great job Deb !!!!!

Korndogg
09-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks to everyone that donated! Deb finished her 3.2 miles in 28min. There were over 12,000 people today!!! Sorry but I didnt encounter ONE rude person all day that volunteered so dont let that deter people from doing this! It was incredible seeing how many survivors were running and saddening listening to stories of family members who lost someone to cancer. I also couldnt believe how many vendors were out there giving out free breakfast, coffee and tons of goodies out to everyone. I look forward to next year's run so I can run with Deb.

I wasn't trying to deter people from going. I was just telling you about her experience. And it wasn't the people down there that were rude. It was the people from the organization that she had to deal with in order to get a team together.

Congratulations to her tho!

GRAMPS SS
09-27-2009, 09:38 PM
way to go Deb....i donate all the time...sorry i couldnt with you...Ann and i had given to others...My mom died in 1986 from bone cancer which was a result of breast cancer, so we give what we can...and Ann is a RN OCN so she deals with this everyday...i know you will be doing more of theses...plaese contact me for donations...

Yooformula
09-27-2009, 09:51 PM
its all good! we had a great time!
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs231.snc1/7822_140453207420_649052420_2513460_3869826_n.jpg

side note: Those new Tauruses are BADASS!!!!!!I wish they had a new SHO there but the Limited Edition Taurus they had was absolutely sweet!

nismodave
09-27-2009, 09:55 PM
LOL...Great Pic. Chase does not look happy tho!!

Congrats to Deb!

lordairgtar
09-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Yoo, standing in front of that water fountain makes you look like you got some weird ass punker pink hair going on there. Wes from Mad Max maybe?