PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Question

OxmanWI
09-19-2009, 08:09 AM
Next month on a Tuesday morning I have to drive from the Volk Field near the Wisconsin Dells to General Mitchell to catch a 11:15 AM flight. I can't leave until 8 AM. I can make it to the Marquette Interchange in about 2 hours and 15 minutes with good traffic the whole way. My question is, em I screwed? How is the traffic at 10-11 AM around the Zoo, 894 and Airport exit at that time? Google maps has the trip at 2 hours and 48 minutes, but if I speed 5 over that might shave off some time.

0TransAm0
09-19-2009, 08:26 AM
you should make it just fine. if you can leave early.

-stew-
09-19-2009, 08:26 AM
Speeding five mph over only shaves ~13 minutes off. I'd find away to leave at least an hour earlier. Leaving at 8 if you hit any bad traffic in Madison, Waukesha, or Milwaukee and you are fucked. Not to mention the construction on 894 and 94. I'd find away to leave at least an hour earlier.

wrath
09-19-2009, 09:39 AM
I don't know about Madison traffic but traffic starts tapering off into Milwaukee eastbound around 9 and is reasonable by 10. If you leave any earlier you're probably going to get there at the same time because congestion is pretty heavy on eastbound 94 starting at 6:45am. I don't leave for work until 8:10am because if I hit the expressway any earlier than that I get to work at the same time. But I'm only on the expressway for 5 miles.

The last time I tried to make it to Milwaukee for a 8:30am meeting I left at 6:50am. I got to Highway 100 at about 7:50am. At 8:20 I was at Miller Park and I turned around and said f'it. Non-peak times I can get there in less than half an hour.

1320PNY
09-19-2009, 10:02 AM
You should be fine. If you go through Madison around 9 then it will be fast to the airport after that. If you try to get through Brookfield between 7:20 and 9 you are screwed.

Park on level 3 yellow G and use the catwalk right into the airport. You can check in 30 minutes before boarding. Make sure you are checked in by boarding time regulation and not using departure time.

OxmanWI
09-19-2009, 12:30 PM
See that's the thing, I get off of work at 8 AM and there's no way I can leave any sooner then that. I'm really hoping that there isn't a crash or back up or yes...I'm screwed.

DRK
09-19-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm in madison. It takes 45-50 min to get the the dells and just over a hour to get to Milw. Where is the extra hour coming from? There will be no traffic in Madison also barring a accident

05caddyext
09-19-2009, 01:40 PM
The extra hour comes from the at least an hour you have to be early for your flight for security.

OxmanWI
09-19-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm leaving from Volk field, I should have said that instead, there's where the extra time is coming from.

DRK
09-19-2009, 01:56 PM
The extra hour comes from the at least an hour you have to be early for your flight for security.

don't be stupid :chair:

I'm leaving from Volk field, I should have said that instead, there's where the extra time is coming from.

I see. The traffic shouldn't be a problem, you should be out of peak times. "East bound and down" LOL

OxmanWI
09-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Well I think ether way I'll be ok, my connecting flight leaves Chicago at 1:35 PM so if I miss my flight I can just drive down there. I'll let you guys know how this works out on Oct 6th.

Thanks again,

lordairgtar
09-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Watch for coppers on the run to Madison, after Madison, ten over should not get you in any trouble provided you watch for blues and county mounties. Illinois hoons in black BMWs will be your "rabbits"

94greenbandit
09-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Well I think ether way I'll be ok, my connecting flight leaves Chicago at 1:35 PM so if I miss my flight I can just drive down there. I'll let you guys know how this works out on Oct 6th.

Thanks again,

Be sure that if you miss your connecting flight that you still check in at the MKE airport. TSA doesn't take to kindly to people missing their flight and showing up to a connection with no reason. 45 minutes is the cutoff for checking luggage and 30 mins if you are carrying on is the general rule.