PDA

View Full Version : What gives with benching Braun?

jbiscuit
09-15-2009, 09:21 AM
2nd time in a week....just curious why? Anyone know? Or is this the same kind of excellent coaching from Macha that puts Kendall in the leadoff spot?

Karps TA
09-15-2009, 09:33 AM
The Brewers are still playing?

I thought I read that he's had some shoulder issues?

jbiscuit
09-15-2009, 10:12 AM
The Brewers are still playing?

well, they are showing up to the games at least. Not sure if they are playing the full 9 or just letting Fielder take some swings to up his stats. I'm pretty sure they aren't bringing pitchers to the away games. They just let Counsel throw meatballs up there for Lee and Pujols to hit 500' smashes. :rolf

Car Guy
09-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Who cares by this point in the season, they could put me in the lineup and the outcome would still be the same.....:stare

DirtyMax
09-15-2009, 10:14 AM
He played alot of games this year. They aren't playing for anything so probably just giving him a breather. That and they probably knew Dempster was going to plunk him and well.. that happened anyways when he pinch hit.

94greenbandit
09-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Aren't they saving him for the playoffs

jbiscuit
09-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Aren't they saving him for the playoffs

saving him for what? :rolf I never got that. I wish my boss would give me a couple days off to save me for an upcoming project next week :rolf

PB86MCSS
09-15-2009, 05:44 PM
I think his shoulder was kinda bum..nothing serious but why risk turning it into something serious when there is nothing on the line. Hes way too valuable...much like Gallardo being pushed back to keep his innings/pitches down. I'm sure if the Brewers were in the hunt for a playoff spot he could play.