PDA

View Full Version : Tuf 10

94greenbandit
09-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Is anybody gonna watch this. Seems like it should be a good season and not just because the hype of Kimbo

pnad
09-14-2009, 03:30 PM
um... HELL YES!!

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38802

Lash
09-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Cant wait. This might be the best season ever.

Car Guy
09-14-2009, 05:10 PM
I'll be watching the first episode at a friend's house (I have no cable, satellite, etc) to see if I can stand the 'reality' aspect of the show. I have never watched an episode of TUF and usually can't stand reality shows in general but hope I can last until season's end......

94greenbandit
09-14-2009, 08:01 PM
um... HELL YES!!

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38802

Post is two months old it is now irrelevant :goof

Car Guy
09-16-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm very surprised about how TUF is produced, almost NO typical reality show drama to be seen. If the rest of the season is like tonight's I will for sure watch the entire thing.....:headbang

On another note, Jackson may be a great fighter but he's a moron......:punch:

94greenbandit
09-16-2009, 11:26 PM
I am sure there will be plenty of drama once they start showing the guys in the house. Plus the future previews look pretty good.

I can't understand why Rampage picked the bigger fighters. I think he has most of the former NFL players right. I think we might have to wait until the middle of the season to see Kimbo fight unless Rashad gets to pick him to fight earlier

Exitspeed
09-17-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm very surprised about how TUF is produced, almost NO typical reality show drama to be seen. If the rest of the season is like tonight's I will for sure watch the entire thing.....:headbang

On another note, Jackson may be a great fighter but he's a moron......:punch:

You haven't watched the show before have you? lol

Ohhh there will be drama. But then they get to punch each other in the face so it's ok.

The fight last night sucked, but the gash the dude got on his head was freakin epic.

The season should be good. But I hope the rest of the fights aren't just laying on top of each other. I'm all about a technical ground fight, but that's not what we got last night.

94greenbandit
09-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Well I think that once Abe got that cut he was done fo. You could tell he didn't want to be there anymore, pluss he was gassed. He was mentally done, wasn't even listening to his corner when they got stood back up the other guy would just come back and put him down.

Exitspeed
09-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Well I think that once Abe got that cut he was done fo. You could tell he didn't want to be there anymore, pluss he was gassed. He was mentally done, wasn't even listening to his corner when they got stood back up the other guy would just come back and put him down.

He was totally gassed. And where did his jujitsu go?

94greenbandit
09-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Didn't seem like he ever had any jujitsu since when he got taken down the first time he didn't do squat

Exitspeed
09-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Didn't seem like he ever had any jujitsu since when he got taken down the first time he didn't do squat

Considering he said he was so smart (which was funny he had to think about 10x2) I don't think that dude could spell jujitsu.

How far do you think Kimbo will get?

94greenbandit
09-17-2009, 11:53 AM
It is hard to say because it will largely depend on who he gets matched up with. The little bit they showed it seems like he has decent takedown defense but that won't last long against a good wrestler. I think whoever he fights they will try to make it a ground and pound fight. I think he gets lucky in his first fight but loses the second

Car Guy
09-17-2009, 12:12 PM
I was referring to 'drama' in relation to how the show is produced and not between people of the show. Most other reality shows are produced to where everything is nonstop hype hype hype and then after they've fucked with you long enough you finally get to see it. One example is when parts of the show that have already been shown are 'reviewed' right after a commercial break, that shit drives me crazy. I don't need to be constantly reminded of what was watched previously, I'm still watching the show to see what happens NEXT. TUF is produced in more of a straight forward manner with the show moving right along quickly, which is what I like......:)

Exitspeed
09-17-2009, 01:19 PM
I was referring to 'drama' in relation to how the show is produced and not between people of the show. Most other reality shows are produced to where everything is nonstop hype hype hype and then after they've fucked with you long enough you finally get to see it. One example is when parts of the show that have already been shown are 'reviewed' right after a commercial break, that shit drives me crazy. I don't need to be constantly reminded of what was watched previously, I'm still watching the show to see what happens NEXT. TUF is produced in more of a straight forward manner with the show moving right along quickly, which is what I like......:)

Aaahh, gotchya.

Exitspeed
09-24-2009, 09:15 AM
Man these heavyweights are fucking lame. I know they are big guys, but damn they are getting gassed after the first round.

The Shivers was a damn NFL athlete, and he's that much out of shape? Gay.

I hope Kimbo doesn't gas.

If the season continues like this I think Dana will think twice about having another heavyweight season.

94greenbandit
09-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Yeah I cant believe by like half way through the first round how tired Wes was getting. it was an ok fight for what it was. These guys need to step up their cardio big time

Well I guess we get to see what Kimbo can do in a real cage against a seasoned well rounded opponent

Yooformula
09-24-2009, 10:49 AM
so boring. Wes came out to fight strong then just pffft. the other big nfl player was a joke during training too! From what I read Kimbo gets fucked up in his first fight, but not too sure how accurate that was.

Exitspeed
09-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Yeah I cant believe by like half way through the first round how tired Wes was getting. it was an ok fight for what it was. These guys need to step up their cardio big time

Well I guess we get to see what Kimbo can do in a real cage against a seasoned well rounded opponent

I wouldn't call a good fight one where half the second round both fighters are standing there with their hands on their hips.

I think the decision was dead wrong too.

Car Guy
09-24-2009, 01:30 PM

x 1,000,000 :punch:

Wes Shivers would have destroyed James McSweeny if his cardio was halfway decent, but it could be said the other way too. I was very surprised at how well Shivers did considering he doesn't have nearly as much MMA training as McSweeny, however, I was also equally un-impressed with McSweeny's so called 'game'.....:rolleyes:

I knew Evans would pick Kimbo the first chance he got and going against Roy Nelson will be a great match-up......:headbang

Yooformula
09-24-2009, 01:41 PM
huh? did you count how many unanswered or unblocked kicks and jabs Wes received or how the last round he was just standing hunched over? Imo both of them sucked, but the decision was about as accurate as you could get. yeah, Wes should have smashed him but he COULDN'T due to his own lack of training.

Car Guy
09-24-2009, 01:58 PM
I'll watch the fight again but Evans himself admitted he wasn't all that confident about who won the fight, I saw it as a tie......

Yooformula
09-24-2009, 02:07 PM
He would say that, his fighter lost but I could see a tie but thats probably because they knew neither fighter could go a 3rd round.

pnad
09-24-2009, 02:50 PM
I was literally yelling at the TV, "YOU GOT HIM DOWN JUST HIT HIM FOR CHRIST SAKE!"

I think Wes threw one mf'in elbow while he was laying on top of McSweeney.

94greenbandit
09-24-2009, 04:11 PM
I wouldn't call a good fight one where half the second round both fighters are standing there with their hands on their hips.

For your information sir I said it was an OK fight ;)

I agree I thought Wes won that but not by much

94greenbandit
09-24-2009, 04:13 PM
I'll watch the fight again but Evans himself admitted he wasn't all that confident about who won the fight, I saw it as a tie......

He would say that, his fighter lost but I could see a tie but thats probably because they knew neither fighter could go a 3rd round.

Yoo actually that was Evans fighter that won :thumbsup

Exitspeed
09-24-2009, 04:27 PM
huh? did you count how many unanswered or unblocked kicks and jabs Wes received or how the last round he was just standing hunched over? Imo both of them sucked, but the decision was about as accurate as you could get. yeah, Wes should have smashed him but he COULDN'T due to his own lack of training.

Huh? Wes had multiple take downs in eat round and "controlled" the ground about 95% of the time they were down there...which was 70% of the fight. There was only one point where Wes was in danger with the rear naked choke.

You're right though, neither one should consider that a win, no matter which way it went.

94greenbandit
09-24-2009, 04:31 PM
There was only one point where Wes was in danger with the rear naked choke.

I don't remember Wes being in danger with the rear naked choke. I thought Wes had James almost in danger two different times with the RNC

Exitspeed
09-24-2009, 04:36 PM
I don't remember Wes being in danger with the rear naked choke. I thought Wes had James almost in danger two different times with the RNC

Yeah there was just one point when James got a reverse. I actually thought Wes was gonna tap but he got his head out. But out of the whole time they spent on the ground that was the only point Wes was in "danger". And I use the word danger loosely.

94greenbandit
09-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Wait wasn't that a guillotine when wes was on top and James was on the bottom I guess I don't remember everything

Yooformula
09-24-2009, 08:45 PM
Yoo actually that was Evans fighter that won :thumbsup

yeah, you are right there.

wes wasnt in a rnc, it was a guillotine hold that he finally popped his head out of. Yeah, wes had alot of take downs in the early 1st round but he never finished him off and barely gnp and I dont remember if he really had any good take downs in the 2nd round other than a couple and mostly due to a lazy kicked tossed at him. regardless, the fight sucked and for a former nfl player he had miserable cardio and taking his 6'8" 275lbs of weight into account he didnt use that to his advantage very well imo.

94greenbandit
09-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Wes looked very awkward when he was throwing punches and moving forward

Exitspeed
09-25-2009, 09:17 AM
You're right it was a guillotine. Gee and I wasn't even drinking while I watched it...My point was, that was the only time I felt Wes was in danger during the fight.

Like you said though it coulda went either way. That's why Dana always tells people, "don't leave it in the judges hands".