PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Mayweather VS Juan Manuel Marquez

07ROUSHSTG3
09-14-2009, 11:55 AM
any predictions? i can never decide wether i am a Mayweather fan or not. I used to really like him, but his fighting style of late has been pretty boring. i wouldn't mind seeing him lose a fight just to shut him up a bit. should be a good fight, marquez is a pretty busy fighter, which will hopefully force mayweather to be just as busy. hoping that Mayweather wins and calls out pacquiao. my prediction :

mayweather in a late knockout.

07ROUSHSTG3
09-14-2009, 11:57 AM
one other note. this fight is going head to head with the UFC event. will be interesting to see how the numbers work out!

07ROUSHSTG3
09-23-2009, 10:51 AM
well, even though is seems that there was not much interest here regarding the fight, i will ask, "did anyone else rent the fight"? I did, and while for the mayweather haters, it would have seemed to be a boring fight, for boxing fans in general and mayweather fans , this fight was CRAZY! the undercards, while pretty good on paper, were sort of dull. They went the way that they should have gone. The main event was a spectactular showcase of how good Mayweather is. I have been followiing boxing closely for about 7 years now, and in that time have watched thousands of fights. from the early days up till the present. In my humble opinion, I think that Mayweather Jr may be the greatest fighter i have ever seen. His speed, energy, accuracy are something that i just cannot find in any fighter of old, or other fighter around today. Pacquio is just as fast, just as acurate, but the way that mayweather fights with such grace puts him a step up. after 7 rounds i am not sure that Mayweather had even broken a sweat yet. the guy is truly unbeleivable, and after watching saturday, i am pretty sure unbeatable. to destroy Marquez as bad as he did, as effortlessly as he did, after being gone for almost 2 years is mind boggling. true, he was bigger and faster, but Marquez is still a great fighter. Marquez beat Manny Pacquiao twice on the scorecards for rounds won. Mayweather is to boxing what Gretzky was to hockey and what Jordan was to basketball. i do not think we will ever see someone do in the boxing ring what mayweather can do. i encourage anyone, even if you do not like boxing, to watch a mayweather fight and see for yourself. the hatton fight or this one would be the one to watch.

on that second note that i mentioned earlier, numbers are still out. very early reports put the Mayweather/Marquez pay per view numbers around 1,000,000. i am wondering how the UFC will compare.